Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   HL - World of Darkness (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=52)
-   -   Data File Updates? (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=12775)

RavenX April 4th, 2011 08:14 PM

Data File Updates?

I was wondering what is going on with the data file updating process. I have had my WoD license since I first got Hero Lab and I haven't seen any new data added to the datafiles at all... in months... I was wondering what is going on with this situation?

chiefweasel April 8th, 2011 09:21 AM

What LW can put into the data files depends on the license they have with the source company. it might be that the one for WoW is very limited at the moment.

Duggan April 8th, 2011 11:11 AM

It's worth mentioning that for most of the systems, they largely do either core updates (including bug fixes) or sold datapacks. Additional books with characters and rules are generally down to the users. *wry grin* Unlike Army Builder or Card Vault, it's a lifetime license, so they have less motivation to spend working hours updating one free sourcebook for a particular user. I know I've done a number of books for Mutants and Masterminds. I seem to remember seeing something indicating that VtM is a bit trickier to modify, but I suspect it's still doable.

RavenX April 8th, 2011 11:04 PM

Ok. I have licenses for other systems like Pathfinder, and 4th ed, and they get updated nearly once a month, I wasn't sure what was going on with the WoD files because I've had that license for 9 months now and have yet to see any new data, I wasn't sure if I was going to have to spend hours coding this stuff myself or not.

Duggan April 9th, 2011 07:24 AM

Ah, well 4th Edition has its own updated service by WotC and Pathfinder has a fairly rabid fanbase (as well as official paid updates). WoD has been much more quiet. If you do code it up, I suggest posting a link here so that others can use it. If it fits within the licensing, Wolf Lair will frequently include it in the next update.

RavenX April 10th, 2011 02:37 PM

I am just somewhat disappointed that the WoD Armory is only halfway supported.
I can code the stuff in myself, its just going to be a major time investment. And WoD is going to be bringing the old edition of Vampire the Masquerade into the current edition later this year... so that rabid fanbase your refering to is likely to start making noise soon...

dartnet April 10th, 2011 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RavenX (Post 54639)
I am just somewhat disappointed that the WoD Armory is only halfway supported.
I can code the stuff in myself, its just going to be a major time investment. And WoD is going to be bringing the old edition of Vampire the Masquerade into the current edition later this year... so that rabid fanbase your refering to is likely to start making noise soon...

Good. But I say go for it! I did the same thing when M&M 2ed was going to slow for my needs. It feels real good to have your stuff in the program. :)

Duggan April 11th, 2011 04:50 AM

It's also an odd sort of fame on occasion when people say, "Oh hey... you aren't that Duggan who's credited with the Silver Age and Mecha and Manga books, are you?" Not, of course, that the particular gamers I dined with last night had bothered reading the little acknowledgements page at the opening. :-P

RavenX April 12th, 2011 06:44 AM

I am definitely going to need assistance with this project. I want to add two new Merits for Vampire. I need to know how to put pull a pull down menu with the merit so that when it pops up players can choose an option.

The two merits I am adding are Masquerade and Requiem from The Danse Macbre. The players will need to choose one after taking the merit so how do I set up this option?

Duggan April 12th, 2011 07:55 AM

My ability to help at the moment is limited by my lack of familiarity with the system and the alck of Hero Lab on the computer I'm currently on, but is there an extant Merit that offers a drop-down? If so, go into the editor under the Merits tab and Add Copy of the Merit that has a drop-down and take a look at it to see where it sets the drop-down. ^_^ I'll take a second look at specific when I get home.