Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=62)
-   -   (Drop Dead Studios) Spheres of Power: Official Support Thread (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=55344)

wdmartin June 20th, 2016 02:31 PM

Any reason the SoP files aren't available through LWD? I mean, I'm fully capable of downloading and installing 'em, it's just considerably less convenient.

TheIronGolem June 20th, 2016 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wdmartin (Post 231175)
Any reason the SoP files aren't available through LWD? I mean, I'm fully capable of downloading and installing 'em, it's just considerably less convenient.

We did have some discussion with LWD about distributing SoP through their channels, but in the end they decided not to go that route with us. I do not know what prompted that decision, but I'm sure they had their reasons. And they were kind enough to let me use their forums for a support channel.

TheIronGolem June 25th, 2016 08:45 PM

I've just posted version 1.6, which fixes various bugs that I've been finding through bug reports and work on SoPEx.

As usual, be careful of updating right before you run a game.

Lord Magus June 26th, 2016 07:25 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Bug encountered right after updating. My SoP setup just has the Community files as other add-ons, no. other .user files.

BTW, would it be possible for the update files we download to have version numbers, so that they don't overwrite the previous versions when a new download is available? That would help rolling back in case of a major bug. Thanks!

EldritchWeaver June 26th, 2016 08:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lord Magus (Post 231368)
Bug encountered right after updating. My SoP setup just has the Community files as other add-ons, no. other .user files.

BTW, would it be possible for the update files we download to have version numbers, so that they don't overwrite the previous versions when a new download is available? That would help rolling back in case of a major bug. Thanks!

Looks like as if there is a dependency to the Expanded Options test file from the main file somewhere. Either that dependency needs to be cut or reversed by moving the appropriate content from the EO to the main file.

TheIronGolem June 26th, 2016 09:23 AM

That is indeed what happened. I have posted a fixed version of 1.6, so if you download that and re-compile then it should work.

Lord Magus June 26th, 2016 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheIronGolem (Post 231373)
I have posted a fixed version of 1.6, so if you download that and re-compile then it should work.

Indeed! Thanks a lot!

cantroy July 1st, 2016 05:03 PM

Is NICsopSpSt from this file? I see that it doesn't exist, didn't load the data files.

More info.. I remove Spheres from my addons and it compiles, so something is calling this function in the 1.6 file

It is in the components file, line 1246.. hmmm And removing it didn't quite help, now I have a SoPSphPtf references non existant panel option /sigh... help! We game on Saturday.. at least that laptop still has 1.5.. I won't upgrade it yet, for sure.

TheIronGolem July 1st, 2016 05:20 PM

I just posted 1.7 to fix this issue. There were a couple of files I had accidentally added to a previous release, and mistakenly thought I could remove from 1.6 without a problem. Oh, well.

In related news, Expanded Options is feature-complete and now in testing. No hard date yet for release but it should be soon.

dereth66 July 1st, 2016 06:47 PM

Thank you very very much, i am also looking forward to the expanded options, so far i love the spheres of power, only game so far i like more has been shadowrun but it is fading fast, Thank you

cantroy July 2nd, 2016 04:15 AM

Thanks again. As usual, it is a pleasure communicating with you! Hey, I see the sphere staff is still in here. Did you have any luck getting that coded to work yet? If so, how would I implement it? I'll see if you posted earlier in this thread on that, but I "built" the staff I have using adjustments (+ to sphere casting level and the like).

TheIronGolem July 2nd, 2016 09:42 AM

Sphere Staves are in a half-done state, and that half got put on hold while I worked on Expanded Options. All that NICsopSpSt business is an artifact of that work. It shouldn't have gotten out into the wild, but I was careless.

I haven't looked at that code in a few weeks, but when I left off of it, staves were kinda-sorta working, in that they correctly applied their enhancement bonus to your caster level with the relevant sphere(s), and you could add talents and additional spheres to a staff. But I was hung up on getting staff-based talents to show up on the hero (so that, for example, the talents on a Life staff would add dice to the hero's Cure ability). And I haven't even started on getting it to calculate the price of the staff.

That reminds me: it's time for an utterly informal, wildly unscientific poll!

Expanded Options is close to going out the door, and DDS has given me permission to proceed how I see fit in terms of order of future content. So after Expanded is out, I can either pick a Sphere Handbook to implement, OR I can circle back and take another run at some of the harder content like Sphere Staves that require in-depth UI work.

So which would you prefer? And if it's a Handbook you want, which one?

dereth66 July 2nd, 2016 01:04 PM

i kinda like the handbooks, they add a lot more to depth of some of the charecters and add new ones, and also they may give you other ideas not only for new books, but on how to implement the staff's, but thats jst my thinking

EldritchWeaver July 4th, 2016 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheIronGolem (Post 231638)
That reminds me: it's time for an utterly informal, wildly unscientific poll!

Expanded Options is close to going out the door, and DDS has given me permission to proceed how I see fit in terms of order of future content. So after Expanded is out, I can either pick a Sphere Handbook to implement, OR I can circle back and take another run at some of the harder content like Sphere Staves that require in-depth UI work.

So which would you prefer? And if it's a Handbook you want, which one?

How close are you from finishing that staves part? If it less work than a handbook, I would prefer that. Also, going through all handbooks before you finish a core part of the magic system doesn't feel right. In the worst case, I can add new magic talents myself. (Which reminds me: Can you please add a magic talent "other" like "Profession (other)"? I want to do be able to add a magic talent on the fly to a character and later replace it properly, once I have time.)

TheIronGolem July 4th, 2016 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EldritchWeaver (Post 231700)
(Which reminds me: Can you please add a magic talent "other" like "Profession (other)"? I want to do be able to add a magic talent on the fly to a character and later replace it properly, once I have time.)

I've just finished this and it will be in the next update.

Ualaa July 8th, 2016 07:21 PM

While I'm eagerly awaiting the handbooks, having the base book as a solid foundation, makes more sense to me.

Sphere Staves would have my vote, prior to handbooks.

Incidentally, are each of the handbooks their own purchase... or can they be taken as a package/subscription, even if that package is gradually added to over time?

TheIronGolem July 9th, 2016 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ualaa (Post 231886)
Incidentally, are each of the handbooks their own purchase... or can they be taken as a package/subscription, even if that package is gradually added to over time?

I plan to work under the assumption that each is a separate purchase, at least in terms of technical dependencies. Obviously each sphere handbook should depend on you having vanilla SoP, and whatever Paizo content they build off of, but none of the handbooks should depend on each other.

As for how they'll be sold, that is a question above my pay grade. Packaging handbooks together is certainly possible, and I've advised DDS of that. But I can't say for sure right now how it's going to work.

EldritchWeaver July 10th, 2016 05:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheIronGolem (Post 231909)
I plan to work under the assumption that each is a separate purchase, at least in terms of technical dependencies. Obviously each sphere handbook should depend on you having vanilla SoP, and whatever Paizo content they build off of, but none of the handbooks should depend on each other.

As for how they'll be sold, that is a question above my pay grade. Packaging handbooks together is certainly possible, and I've advised DDS of that. But I can't say for sure right now how it's going to work.

That is a bit of a of problem as some handbooks do use stuff from other handbooks. Especially if they reference PoW stuff that might not have a HL representation yet.

TheIronGolem July 11th, 2016 09:16 PM

Well, PoW doesn't worry me, because PoW is in the Pathfinder Pack, which is free and well-supported by the community so I can safely make it a dependency. And I know PoW well enough to add anything that SoP needs to it.

If there are inter-handbook dependencies then that might require some finessing, but I have some ideas about how to approach that.

In the meantime, behold!
http://i.imgur.com/kV4yGNm.png

EldritchWeaver July 11th, 2016 11:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheIronGolem (Post 231993)
In the meantime, behold!

*Bows to mighty staff editor*

Your servant awaits you!

ShadowChemosh July 12th, 2016 10:11 AM

Quote:

In the meantime, behold!

Really nice job! :D

Aaron July 12th, 2016 11:25 AM

Quote:

Well, PoW doesn't worry me, because PoW is in the Pathfinder Pack, which is free and well-supported by the community so I can safely make it a dependency. And I know PoW well enough to add anything that SoP needs to it.

If there are inter-handbook dependencies then that might require some finessing, but I have some ideas about how to approach that.

In the meantime, behold!

Ooooh. Aaaaah.

TheIronGolem July 24th, 2016 04:02 PM

1.8 update has been posted. This is the biggest one since release - Sphere Staves and Wands are finally here! Also, I've created generic special abilities to hold your MSB and MSD scores.

In other SoP news: Expanded Options is just about done. I'm wrapping up some last-minute fixes and tweaks on the package and will be giving it to DDS for shipping very soon.

Also, I have decided that Sphere Handbook support will begin with Destruction, because at the end of the day I really am just a simple creature that likes to see things go boom.

airbornemist6 July 24th, 2016 04:30 PM

I've spent the past half hour or so trying to get these files enabled for the first time. I keep getting this error when hero lab loads, and the files don't show up as available in the portfolio view.

On the same note, I also had (A LOT of) errors with 1.7, but I just so happened to be in the middle of troubleshooting when 1.8 dropped, so now I'm down to only one error with 1.8.

Any chance you know what this is?

http://imgur.com/a/pFb2s

Also, for reference, my methodology for installing this was to first try installing 1.3 only, which gave me errors. Then I removed it and installed 1.7 directly from the update site, which also gave errors, albeit different ones. I did the same when 1.8 dropped, which gave me the same error that I'm currently seeing. I've tried installing 1.0 and then 1.3 on-top of it, then upgrading to 1.8, but no luck so far.

pyremius July 24th, 2016 05:34 PM

The following errors occurred:

Syntax error in 'eval' script for Component SoPAlterTr (Eval Script '#2') on line 4 -> Non-existent thing 'cfgSoPSyAr' used by script.

TheIronGolem July 24th, 2016 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pyremius (Post 232564)
The following errors occurred:

Syntax error in 'eval' script for Component SoPAlterTr (Eval Script '#2') on line 4 -> Non-existent thing 'cfgSoPSyAr' used by script.

Fix is coming soon.

TheIronGolem July 24th, 2016 06:21 PM

OK, I've re-posted 1.8. That should take care of it, but let me know if something's still wrong.

pyremius July 25th, 2016 03:41 AM

Sorry for the late response. The error is gone. Thanks for fixing it so quickly.

runnetib July 27th, 2016 01:43 PM

Ranger Issue?

I just leveled up my sphere ranger to 6, and all of a sudden it's telling me I overspent my talents, even though it offered me the new talent at 5th level. Any ideas?

TheIronGolem July 27th, 2016 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by runnetib (Post 232701)
I just leveled up my sphere ranger to 6, and all of a sudden it's telling me I overspent my talents, even though it offered me the new talent at 5th level. Any ideas?

Thanks for alerting me to this. Looks like it affects Sphere Paladins, too. I'll put a fix out this weekend, and in the meantime you can use the "Magic Talents Known" adjustment to compensate.

TheIronGolem July 31st, 2016 08:52 PM

Sorry everyone, real life scored a critical hit on my free time this weekend, so no update just now. I'll try again next week.

chaoscowboy August 3rd, 2016 04:06 PM

Hey, working on a reign of winter spheres of war campaign. Any idea when the Sphere Witch will be available?

TheIronGolem August 5th, 2016 10:02 PM

Sorry, no idea. I'm working on the Destroyer's Handbook at the moment and I can't even give a reliable ETA for that, let alone a book I haven't even properly read yet.

EDIT: Argh, that had to have been a really confusing response. You plainly typed "Witch", and my eyes dutifully reported that as "Witch", yet my brain decided to assume you said "Medium" which led me to think you were talking about the Occult class that has been archetyped in one of the handbooks.

So here's the answer to the question that you actually asked: Expanded Options has been handed off to DDS and should be available for purchase soon. Exactly when I don't know because that's not in my control, but when it does go up I'll be sure to update this thread.

chaoscowboy August 6th, 2016 12:44 PM

Ahh gotcha. Thanks then. I don't mind shelling off for another bundle deal, hopefully I can get a deal for having expanded already.

TheIronGolem August 7th, 2016 11:40 AM

Version 1.9 - Released 08/07/2016
  • Fixed talent progression error with Sphere Rangers and Paladins
  • Fixed the "custom talent" talent so that it does not require a sphere
  • Added support for the "Blast Type Groups" introduced in the Destroyer's Handbook
  • Destruction Wands will now add their own instances of the Destructive Blast weapon with damage set according to the wand's CL
  • The "Custom" magic talent no longer has a sphere prerequisite, and you can now select the sphere for a custom talent after adding it to your character (so that it counts for prerequisites regarding number of talents in a sphere)
  • Alteration: The Elemental forms now enforce the restriction on traits that grant limbs or natural attacks
  • Alteration: The Fire Elemental Form's Burn ability now correctly scales its damage with caster level.

chaoscowboy August 7th, 2016 06:24 PM

I talked to DDS on facebook, they said they'll release the files tomorrow or the day after, something to that effect its hard cause gencon.

TheIronGolem August 7th, 2016 06:27 PM

That makes sense, I had forgotten I did a handoff right as a major convention was coming up. No doubt they're busy with a million things.

chaoscowboy August 7th, 2016 07:50 PM

I really like the system and have already made four npcs with some really cool abilities (fighter/sorc with enlarge, aegis armor and energy blade among my favorites). It's surprising how focused i can make these characters, at least for now. once it gets higher level it may be harder to convert as they're expected to wear many hats.

TheIronGolem August 8th, 2016 10:33 AM

DDS just posted the Expanded Options file to DrivethruRPG. Go get it!

GreyLurker August 8th, 2016 08:00 PM

Ran into kind of an odd glitch that seems to be the result of a combination of things

Firstly the character in question is using Traditional Magic as his casting style, so he has to assign spell points to sphere.

One of those Spheres is the Life Sphere and so far no problem

however when I take the talent Fount of Life the tracked resources section of the In-Play tab no longer recognizes that I have points assigned to the life sphere. It just reads 0/0 even though I have 7 spoints assigned to it.