Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   Realm Works Feature Requests (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=84)
-   -   Alignment Tag (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=54527)

ruhar December 23rd, 2015 10:18 AM

Alignment Tag

I am surprised that individuals do not have an alignment tag. I know that different game systems might define it differently, but it seems to me there is often some version of alignment. I would like to suggest that an Alignment tag be added to the program and to the Individual topic. Thanks.

Exmortis December 23rd, 2015 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ruhar (Post 220972)
I am surprised that individuals do not have an alignment tag. I know that different game systems might define it differently, but it seems to me there is often some version of alignment. I would like to suggest that an Alignment tag be added to the program and to the Individual topic. Thanks.

Because this is game system specific, wouldn't it make more sense for you to just make one?

I did that, then made my own NPC category specific to the info I need/want as a Pathfinder GM.

kbs666 December 23rd, 2015 11:45 AM

So did I. A D&D type alignment tag is pretty easy and copying the People categories to add the tag is not much harder. As a matter of fact I think that was the first customization of RW I did besides adding snippets to individual topics.

rob December 23rd, 2015 12:04 PM

As mentioned above, we don't include an alignment tag because it is very game-specific.

However, instead of creating an entirely new Individual category, you could just as easily ADD the snippet type to the existing Individual category. Changes that are purely additive can be safely made to categories. The only time you need to create something new is when you want to make more substantive changes.

That may very well be the case for @Exmortis and @kbs666, but I just wanted to point this out. It's not required to always create your own categories if the changes are relatively minor. :)

Exmortis December 24th, 2015 04:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rob (Post 220980)
As mentioned above, we don't include an alignment tag because it is very game-specific.

However, instead of creating an entirely new Individual category, you could just as easily ADD the snippet type to the existing Individual category. Changes that are purely additive can be safely made to categories. The only time you need to create something new is when you want to make more substantive changes.

That may very well be the case for @Exmortis and @kbs666, but I just wanted to point this out. It's not required to always create your own categories if the changes are relatively minor. :)

Yeah you are correct Rob.

One of the very most awesome features of RW is the sheer flexibility it has, I mean its well done out of the box, but all smart men know one thing, that they don't know everything.

Once I got started building a game world and adventure, I found that as a personal thing, I like a certain amount info handy dandy right at the top of categories. So I have made at least 6 or 8 of my own now, each with a block of tag choices so this info is quick, easy, and right where I want it.

RW doesn't have to be all things to all people, Rob and team didn't have to "know" what we all want, they just had to make a way for us to modify RW to be all things.

In the end, this was more fun anyway.