Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   HL - d20 System (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   Bug Reports - Community Created 3.5 D&D data set (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=12785)

Sevisin December 27th, 2015 06:30 PM

Agile Shield Fighter

The feat replaces the penalties of mainhand and offhand attacks to -2 when using a shield. Instead, it's a -6/-10 instead of a -2/-2.

-S

Sendric December 28th, 2015 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sevisin (Post 221134)
The feat replaces the penalties of mainhand and offhand attacks to -2 when using a shield. Instead, it's a -6/-10 instead of a -2/-2.

-S

What feat?

Sevisin December 28th, 2015 09:01 PM

@Sendric
I guess the title of my post didn't show.
Agile Shield Fighter.

-S

Dami December 28th, 2015 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sevisin (Post 221134)

-S

I'm getting a -4/-4 penalty when testing this, instead of the -2/-2 that it should be, as if the ASF feat isn't active - so something is wrong. I only get the -6/-10 penalty that you have if my character doesn't have 2-Wpn Fighting. (Tested with a heavy shield and Hvy Shield Spec.)

The Agile Shield Fighter feat isn't Community created - I'd report this as a Lone Wolf bug.

Sendric December 29th, 2015 05:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sevisin (Post 221185)
@Sendric
I guess the title of my post didn't show.
Agile Shield Fighter.

-S

Yes, you can't title posts within a thread. Also, when posting a bug please also include the source of the feat/class/spell/etc. It makes it easier to locate for fixing. Thanks.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dami (Post 221189)
I'm getting a -4/-4 penalty when testing this, instead of the -2/-2 that it should be, as if the ASF feat isn't active - so something is wrong. I only get the -6/-10 penalty that you have if my character doesn't have 2-Wpn Fighting. (Tested with a heavy shield and Hvy Shield Spec.)

The Agile Shield Fighter feat isn't Community created - I'd report this as a Lone Wolf bug.

Thanks for the research, Dami. Are you certain this isn't community created? Looks like it's from PHB2 which would have to be a community-created feat. Either way, I'll take a look when I get the chance...probably next week.

ShadowChemosh December 29th, 2015 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sendric (Post 221195)
Thanks for the research, Dami. Are you certain this isn't community created? Looks like it's from PHB2 which would have to be a community-created feat. Either way, I'll take a look when I get the chance...probably next week.

It don't show up on a search of d20srd and if its not there I can't add it. PHB2 where I just found it is a no go. :(

Sevisin December 29th, 2015 08:41 PM

If I find more feat/items/ect bugs, shall I post them here? There have been a number of bugs I located through out my fiddlings with the program.

-S

Dami December 29th, 2015 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sendric (Post 221195)
Thanks for the research, Dami. Are you certain this isn't community created? Looks like it's from PHB2 which would have to be a community-created feat. Either way, I'll take a look when I get the chance... probably next week.

Yes, you're correct - it IS community content. I did a web search on the feat to check the details, which said it was D&D 3.5 and I noted that it wasn't in the Players Handbook 1 community file. I didn't think to check PH2. I've looked at it in the editor now (thank goodness for holidays!):

The feat as defined, is little more than a description. There's really only checks on prerequisites - no script, etc to actually make it treat a shield as a light weapon. EDIT: I note that you have added it to the list of things to be fixed.

Sendric December 30th, 2015 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sevisin (Post 221229)
If I find more feat/items/ect bugs, shall I post them here? There have been a number of bugs I located through out my fiddlings with the program.

-S

Yes, please. This is the community set bug thread so it is the perfect place to report any issues. Thanks.

ShadowChemosh December 30th, 2015 03:17 PM

Sendric. My current plan is I am going to be adding official Shield Bash's into d20 hopefully in this next update. At that time I can create a new "Helper.xxx" tag that will mimic the behavior you need for "Agile Shield Fighter" using the components. That will make things very easy on your side (ie perform hero.assign[Helper.ShieldTWF]) and less overhead if the background components take care of it correctly.

I can't add the actual "feat" or text but I can add the logic into d20. Will that work? You will also be able to remove the "shield" bash fixes you have in the community pack then.

During this change I think I am going to be adding a new "weapon group" type tag into the system. Something to group together common weapon types like shields, bows, and crossbows. Would it be worth it to expand to blades, maces, polearms? Does anything in 3.5 break down the weapon types like this that you know of? This does mean to have everything work right you may need to go through all the community weapons and "tag" them as the right types. Well at least the shields at first. Thoughts?