Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   HL - Authoring Kit (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   AD&D 2e (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=45876)

RavenX September 19th, 2013 03:34 PM

1 Attachment(s)
This is what I've come up with so far for the background tab...

Mathias September 19th, 2013 03:41 PM

I'd recommend re-reading the Savage Worlds walkthrough to refresh your memory on how the elements of the authoring kit are used. The question you're asking is very similar to something brought up in the page named "Weird Science Gizmos", in the "Managing Shared Gizmos" section on that page - look there for the solution.

It's also something you can find by studying the wiki page about table_dynamic.

RavenX September 19th, 2013 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mathias (Post 166094)
I'd recommend re-reading the Savage Worlds walkthrough to refresh your memory on how the elements of the authoring kit are used. The question you're asking is very similar to something brought up in the page named "Weird Science Gizmos", in the "Managing Shared Gizmos" section on that page - look there for the solution.

It's also something you can find by studying the wiki page about table_dynamic.

Will do. I'll start with table_dynamic on the wiki first. Thanks for the hints.

RavenX September 19th, 2013 03:47 PM

Mathias,

Is this what I am looking for?

Code:

xacttag="Helper.StartLang"

Mathias September 19th, 2013 03:54 PM

Transactions are only used for gear, so you don't just want a tag that exists during the transaction.

RavenX September 19th, 2013 04:06 PM

hmmmm looking at this more closely, I think this is what you're referencing.

Code:

<autotag group="Helper" tag="StartLang"/>

RavenX September 19th, 2013 04:24 PM

Ok added that and its working correctly.

So now I can just have the skill add slots to the ExtLang resource when the user selects the skill and puts points into it.

RavenX September 19th, 2013 07:42 PM

Language parts are implemented. Looks like those are working correctly now.

RavenX September 19th, 2013 09:24 PM

Mathias,

How do you get the languages in Pathfinder to show up in different colors with the Black ones being choices allowed and the grey ones not being allowed because of the character's background? Is this just an Exprreq?

And another question, I was working on adding the attribute tables. What is your recommendation for the Strength Table? I'm asking because the value of 18 had that additional breakdown of 01-50, 51-75, 76-90, 91-99, 100 of which some races got to roll on. Should I set up a second incrementer that appears if you put an 18 in Strength and then have the index tables reference that value? Halflings do not get to roll on this and take the base 18 on the table.

RavenX September 20th, 2013 02:54 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Progress Shot on the Editor. I am still debating changing a few things to tag pull down menus, when I have time to look at the spells in more depth I'll make that determination.