Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   Realm Works Discussion (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=67)
-   -   Crash during Game System Conversion (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=61220)

Merion September 10th, 2018 01:44 PM

Crash during Game System Conversion

1 Attachment(s)
After my 5 year long campaign ended recently, with the mad fire god defeated, I finally decided to convert my ancient legacy realm to a pathfinder one (game systems weren't implemented when I started). I tried once before, but ran into an error concerning tags, so I postponed as I was busy entering and preparing stuff for my weekly games.

Now with some free time I tried again and after the conversion process got stuck at 99% for like an hour, I got a weird exception (see screenshot). I couldn't even send the error report, as the error report window went unresponsive.

Anyone seen something like this before? Or knows about the utility.cpp file? I can't find it to check what line 690 says.

kbs666 September 10th, 2018 02:51 PM

Yes, that has been a problem with conversions from Legacy realms for a long time.

Valyar September 11th, 2018 01:29 AM

This is my favorite error message.

Merion September 11th, 2018 10:23 AM

So, I take it there's no fix or workaround?

I mean, I lived fine with my legacy realm for years, so I can just go on as is - and I'm certainly not re-entering all my stuff - but it would've been nice to use the Pathfinder structure.

Parody September 11th, 2018 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Merion (Post 270397)
So, I take it there's no fix or workaround?

Make a copy of your database, file a bug report, send it to them if they ask, and hope they eventually fix it. That's about all you can do.

kbs666 September 11th, 2018 12:10 PM

It was fixed right after import/export was introduced. At some point the bug came back or a new bug with the same error got introduced.

Acenoid September 12th, 2018 02:28 PM

does it work maybe if you export your realm,
then create your new realm
and try to import your old realm?

Besides that I think there is no problem with keeping your legacy realm...

kbs666 September 12th, 2018 02:42 PM

With the original bug it didn't. I have no idea about this one.

Acenoid September 13th, 2018 01:55 PM

You would need to restructure everything anyways... so you would still have all the old / outdated stuff plus the new things added to the realm.

Not sure if this is so beneficial.

Maybe better to wait until a release comes out that allows to import strucutres and migrate data better.

Not sure what the structure files already include, maybe you could import that to the legacy realm and then end up with the same result? (make a copy or backup first before trying)

Farling September 13th, 2018 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Acenoid (Post 270501)
You would need to restructure everything anyways... so you would still have all the old / outdated stuff plus the new things added to the realm.

Not sure if this is so beneficial.

Maybe better to wait until a release comes out that allows to import strucutres and migrate data better.

Not sure what the structure files already include, maybe you could import that to the legacy realm and then end up with the same result? (make a copy or backup first before trying)

The export file includes information about what game system the original realm had. It might not be possible to import into a game system of a different type (other than the generic game system).