Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   Hero Lab Discussion (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   Need help technical issue (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=64075)

ErinRigh March 19th, 2020 03:43 PM

Need help technical issue

Hi all

I am trying to install a secondary license on a computer at one of my Player's houses, we have installed HLC and put in my license but for some reason it is only running in demo mode, anybody know what gives?

Thanks in advance

Duggan March 19th, 2020 04:45 PM

You can try with support@wolflair.com. After you put in the code, did it say anything? If you go to Help/About, does it show the right license number at the bottom? Have you tried restarting?

Dami March 19th, 2020 05:24 PM

Also a warning that a secondary license should be used by you. Giving someone else access to one of yours is breaking LW licensing terms.

ErinRigh March 19th, 2020 07:09 PM

Yes it is for my use when I am running games at her place.

is that not allowed?

Dami March 19th, 2020 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ErinRigh (Post 287123)
Yes it is for my use when I am running games at her place. Is that not allowed?

Essentially, no, it's not allowed because they have access to the full software when you aren't there. I'm certain you aren't the only person to do this, but it does break LW's terms.

From the License Agreement: "You agree not to:
(1) use or facilitate the use of your assigned license number(s) or product key file(s) on more than one device per license number;
or (4) enable others to use your assigned license number(s) or product key file(s) (if any).
Each secondary license number shares the same characteristics as the primary license number that is first issued, including any expiration date and password, and is bound by this same Agreement."

Duggan March 20th, 2020 06:19 AM

I think they're mainly just saying to keep it on the DL. It's a touchy subject for them in part due to some early experiences with Army Builder where people openly discussed pirating the software while in line for the Long Wolf table at conventions, which is part of why HLC has more strict control measures.

ErinRigh March 20th, 2020 11:05 AM

Well I am sure they don't think I am pirating this software, I literally have a thousand dollars tied up in PF packages. But the point is moot, cause it is doing it on my laptop too

Mathias March 20th, 2020 11:49 AM

I wanted to repeat Duggan's initial reply, because I haven't seen an answer to those yet, and without more information about what's happening, I don't know what steps to take next, because it could be several issues.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Duggan (Post 287118)
You can try with support@wolflair.com. After you put in the code, did it say anything? If you go to Help/About, does it show the right license number at the bottom? Have you tried restarting?

ErinRigh March 20th, 2020 10:38 PM

OK Sorry I wasn't clear. After I put in the code, it says the box about packages being available after restart, and then I restart and it fires up to the same license activation screen and when I reactivate, it recognizes the number, and gives the appropriate packages available after restart dialog, I restart and it goes back to the activate screen

ErinRigh March 20th, 2020 11:52 PM

ok now its some thing different, it appears that it is not accepting my code because it keeps switching to demonstration mode and on help/about it continues to say unlicensed

I tried both versions 86 and 64 and they both do the same