Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=62)
-   -   Pathfinder Community Packs (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=51966)

UndeadDan February 2nd, 2015 09:51 AM

I am also seeing crashes with the GM pack.

I uninstalled all the community packs. Reinstalled basic. Tried to open .por that contained enchanted elven chain. Got "thing not found" errors.

Installed GM Pack. Now I get fails every time I try to open a .por.

UndeadDan February 2nd, 2015 09:52 AM

Even Amiri (the included Barbarian) crashes the app when I try to open her .por.

Theryon February 2nd, 2015 10:08 AM

I'm using Ultimate Psionics right now. For the iPad stuff, when I installed the Basic Pack and the 3PP Pack, it would crash the app when I would load the character. I removed the Basic Pack and just left the 3PP and it will now load my character. Problem is that I'd really like to install the Basic Pack as well.

iPad Air and iPad 2
iOS 8.1.3, app v6.1.7(#489), Pathfinder RPG v10.13

ShadowChemosh February 2nd, 2015 10:16 AM

So please remember the Basic Pack is inside the other Packs. So if you installed the 3PP Pack you have the Basic Pack also.

The GM Pack didn't change in size from the Community Bestiary. The issue is you must FORCE close all other Apps. The HL app uses up LOTS and LOTS of memory and adding community stuff takes more. I have run these apps and Packs on an iPad 2. But it only works with everything else closed.

Even then it may "crash" on the initial load. But if you open it back up and try the character again it should load.

Unfortunately I have NO CONTROLS for the iPads or anything I can really do. The bigger packs like the GM or Mythic are most likely going to require a iPad Air. :(

ShadowChemosh February 2nd, 2015 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UndeadDan (Post 202783)
Getting some errors in my iPad version.

Hardware: iPad Air ATT 64GB
iOS: 8.1.3

Hero Lab: 6.1.7
Pathfinder: 10.13

tried a full re-install and that didn't help

http://i.imgur.com/81t9roN.png

This looks different. What Packs did you install it looks like the GM Pack? Anything Else?

ShadowChemosh February 2nd, 2015 10:27 AM

So yea trying things out it does appear the HL App can NOT handle the 3PP Pack and the GM Pack together at the same time. It simply runs out of memory.

Either Pack separate is fine as long as you have all other Apps closed. It also de-linked my license on me also. But re-activating it was quick and simple and no issues. No CLUE how it could or would do that but it did. Interesting....

I will talk to Colen and see if he can give me any advice. :(

Theryon February 2nd, 2015 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh (Post 202790)
So please remember the Basic Pack is inside the other Packs. So if you installed the 3PP Pack you have the Basic Pack also.

Ok, didn't realize this. So right now I have the 3PP Pack installed on both iPads and they are working okay. I haven't tried my PFS characters yet but since the Basic Pack is included, I shouldn't have issues.

Would there be any issues installing both the 3PP and Campaign Packs?

UndeadDan February 2nd, 2015 10:32 AM

Thanks for the tip Theryon. Deleted Basic Pack, loaded GM Pack. All is good with my current character for the moment.

UndeadDan February 2nd, 2015 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh (Post 202792)
This looks different. What Packs did you install it looks like the GM Pack? Anything Else?

At that point I had installed all of your packs (3PP, Basic, GM, GM Mythic, Campaign).

I have reduced down to just the GM Pack and am able to function.

ShadowChemosh February 2nd, 2015 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Theryon (Post 202795)
Ok, didn't realize this. So right now I have the 3PP Pack installed on both iPads and they are working okay. I haven't tried my PFS characters yet but since the Basic Pack is included, I shouldn't have issues.

Would there be any issues installing both the 3PP and Campaign Packs?

The Packs where designed to work together. Other than "memory" on the iPads you can/could load EVERY pack and they will all work together. Or they are suppose too based on a new feature put in the App just after X-mas.

So I just tried the Campaign and 3PP and they won't load either and it de-linked my license again. Sigh and those two are not even that big of files. Ok tried the Campaign and the Basic Pack which are both small and that caused it to close also.

Ok I have sent an email off to Colen and we shall see. These "should" be working on the iPad. Sigh..... :( :( :(