Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   Realm Works Feature Requests (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=84)
-   -   multiple windows? (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=49112)

EightBitz April 24th, 2014 01:08 PM

multiple windows?

I don't recall if this has been requested already (and it's not a priority, but any means), but would it be possible to open tabs in new windows or drag them out to be their own window?

You know how in most browsers now, you can have multiple tabs, but if you want, you can also open content in new windows or drag tabs out to new windows. Something like that.

If I'm world-building, and I have two monitors available, it would be nice to be able to see multiple windows so I can edit one article while easily referencing another (without having to switch back and forth).

mirtos April 24th, 2014 02:04 PM

The request has been made. There's a thread (widescreen and multiple monitor mode) i believe.

But I will +1 this post as well.

ibecker April 24th, 2014 04:22 PM

+1 to this.

KefkaZ April 24th, 2014 05:50 PM

Same. +1

thedarkelf007 April 24th, 2014 06:46 PM

+1 from me

Bidmaron April 25th, 2014 03:04 PM

+1 here too

Tekkmage November 6th, 2014 06:02 PM

It may be less difficult / faster to be able to create multiple horizontal or vertical panes. Then you could just resize to the multiple screens and size the panes as you desire.

ruhar November 9th, 2014 12:48 PM

I love this idea. I add +1.

DWeiers November 9th, 2014 10:49 PM

+1 from me too.

And if possible add the option to display the Player View in a separate Window instead of fullscreen. That would make it much more usable for Online Gamers like me, who could easily share that window via Skype (or something similar).

Exmortis November 10th, 2014 08:00 AM

+1 for me, I use an eyefinity rig to develop on, and a Laptop with an external monitor for around the game table, this would be very helpful!!

Dark Lord Galen November 10th, 2014 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DWeiers (Post 197052)
+1 from me too.

And if possible add the option to display the Player View in a separate Window instead of fullscreen. That would make it much more usable for Online Gamers like me, who could easily share that window via Skype (or something similar).

Although I don't use the player view, I can see how this would be helpful to those that don't have a lot of monitor space or prefer arranging windows as they like.
+1

manchuwook May 21st, 2019 04:33 AM

As a developer who uses Visual Studio, I usually drag out my solution explorer, error list, output, and other toolbars/panes into different windows so I can maximise my code window. Docking and floating panels would be much appreciated.

+1

Arlack November 29th, 2020 11:01 AM

Yeah, getting annoyed with trying to flip between things. Especially because I'm doing a custom system, and as I enter data I realize the "default" needs to be updated, and so I have to save, flip over and add an entry, then flip back. Or I have a thing "done" and want to use it for reference for a new thing that is laid out the same, and have to flip back and forth.

Got the program when it first came out but didn't get to use it much, and I'm sure there has been a lot done with it, but it doesn't seem much more user friendly in many respects, and that is very disappointing.

+1

Greebo November 30th, 2020 12:13 AM

+1

Even though I do not have much hope left regarding further development.

daplunk December 1st, 2020 04:09 PM

We just trying to keep the RW forums active?

Valyar December 2nd, 2020 10:37 PM

It is act of desperation I presume. Hope was butchered multiple times by now.

Greebo December 3rd, 2020 07:46 AM

Something like that, yes. All hope I have left is due to the use of some advanced necromancy.

Or stupidity.

nightpanda2810 December 10th, 2020 06:23 AM

+1
Both for the feature and keeping things alive LOL

BOBJohnson April 8th, 2023 09:42 AM

+1 from me as well