Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   Hero Lab Online Discussion (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=95)
-   -   Additional 2e Content Timeline (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=62997)

Kharmakazi August 5th, 2019 07:52 AM

Additional 2e Content Timeline

When will the ancestries from Age of Ashes be added? How bout Pathfinder Society Ancestries from boons? Fall of Plaugestone?
What about other options from the books- items ect ect

Diaz Ex Machina August 5th, 2019 08:28 AM

Interested in this as well. I'm creating a character for an upcoming campaign of Age of Ashes, and I don't know how to create a legal background for him from the Player's Guide.

Shadowfoot August 5th, 2019 11:19 AM

As an easy workaround, add the lore skill to your skills, then use the custom background option.

Kharmakazi August 6th, 2019 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shadowfoot (Post 280922)
As an easy workaround, add the lore skill to your skills, then use the custom background option.

Thankyou for this i hadnt even thought about doing it like this

Diaz Ex Machina August 6th, 2019 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shadowfoot (Post 280922)

This can be a temporary solution, but it creates errors in the character sheet, since custom backgrounds only allow one trained skill, while Age of Ashes backgrounds have each two trained skills: a Lore skill and another one.

ShadowChemosh August 6th, 2019 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Diaz Ex Machina (Post 280975)
This can be a temporary solution, but it creates errors in the character sheet, since custom backgrounds only allow one trained skill, while Age of Ashes backgrounds have each two trained skills: a Lore skill and another one.

You select the custom backgrounds non-lore skill on the "Skills" tab... :)

Diaz Ex Machina August 6th, 2019 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh (Post 280977)
You select the custom backgrounds non-lore skill on the "Skills" tab... :)

Yes, I know. But this way you will have a warning in the Background and the Skills page, because a Custom Background doesn't automatically count as trained the Lore skill you choose to link to it, so you need to check two Skills as trained, while the Background only allows one trained Skill.

Maybe I'm the one doing it wrong, but to me looks like that at the time being it's not possible to add Age of Ashes' Backgrounds without incurring in warnings.

ShadowChemosh August 6th, 2019 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Diaz Ex Machina (Post 280980)
Yes, I know. But this way you will have a warning in the Background and the Skills page, because a Custom Background doesn't automatically count as trained the Lore skill you choose to link to it, so you need to check two Skills as trained, while the Background only allows one trained Skill.

Maybe I'm the one doing it wrong, but to me looks like that at the time being it's not possible to add Age of Ashes' Backgrounds without incurring in warnings.

Let's try going over the steps for doing this:

1) You add a Custom Background. If you want you can then click into the Custom Background and give it a custom name.
2) Then go to the characters Skills tab and add your Lore Skill.
3) Then check-mark the "non-Lore" skill you plan to make trained. (ie Athletics).
4) Go back to your Custom Background and from the dropdown menu select your Lore skill.

You now have a Trained Lore skill and a Trained Non-Lore skill. ;)

Diaz Ex Machina August 6th, 2019 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh (Post 280982)
Let's try going over the steps for doing this:

1) You add a Custom Background. If you want you can then click into the Custom Background and give it a custom name.
2) Then go to the characters Skills tab and add your Lore Skill.
3) Then check-mark the "non-Lore" skill you plan to make trained. (ie Athletics).
4) Go back to your Custom Background and from the dropdown menu select your Lore skill.

You now have a Trained Lore skill and a Trained Non-Lore skill. ;)

Ok, this way it works. I have to say, it's not a very "n00b friendly" method, but it's the best thing we have until the new Backgrounds get implemented in HLO.