Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   Realm Works Discussion (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=67)
-   -   Rise of the Runelords Package (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=62555)

Medriev May 9th, 2019 09:20 AM

Rise of the Runelords Package
 
Hi

I just wanted to check what the refund policy is on Marketplace content. I bought the Rise of the Runelords package recently and I have to say it is very disappointing and in some cases unusable without significant changes. As an example, the tags on the map of Foxglove Manor all seem to link to Fort Rannick locations.

Should I just email customer service with these issues as I really feel like I've thrown money away on something I could have put together myself to a higher standard.

Sorry, I love Realm Works and Hero Lab but I do feel like LWD has dropped the ball here.

Thanks

Rone May 9th, 2019 09:32 AM

I apologize for the frustration, Medriev.

While we can't refund Realm Works content because once you own it you'll always have it, we'd definitely like to know what you would like to see that isn't included.

And if there are bugs, please report them to support@wolflair.com so we can take a look.

Thanks!

kbs666 May 9th, 2019 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Medriev (Post 278799)
Hi

I just wanted to check what the refund policy is on Marketplace content. I bought the Rise of the Runelords package recently and I have to say it is very disappointing and in some cases unusable without significant changes. As an example, the tags on the map of Foxglove Manor all seem to link to Fort Rannick locations.

Should I just email customer service with these issues as I really feel like I've thrown money away on something I could have put together myself to a higher standard.

Sorry, I love Realm Works and Hero Lab but I do feel like LWD has dropped the ball here.

Thanks

I heard another complaint about the structure of RotRL. I hope they take these seriously. I won't be buying it, even though I'd like to have it, until/unless I hear that the issues have been straightened out.

EightBitz May 9th, 2019 06:45 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by kbs666 (Post 278805)
I heard another complaint about the structure of RotRL. I hope they take these seriously. I won't be buying it, even though I'd like to have it, until/unless I hear that the issues have been straightened out.

Yeah, that was me. It wasn't a complaint so much as a question, but I was disappointed, and I'm now hesitant about buying anything else without knowing the structure, first.

I'm attaching three files. One shows the structure of the official RotRL. You'll see that it's mainly a collection of scenes. There's an entry for Sandpoint which has all the content for Sandpoint within the topic. It doesn't have separate entries for all the locations.

Another one shows that when I entered it, I definitely used scenes and chapters. I understand the importance of those.

Then the other shows that in addition to scenes and chapters, I included a more detailed structure for Sandpoint (and other things, but this image only shows Sandpoint).

I cropped off the content to avoid copyright violation. I'm just showing the structure.

Medriev May 10th, 2019 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EightBitz (Post 278806)
Yeah, that was me. It wasn't a complaint so much as a question, but I was disappointed, and I'm now hesitant about buying anything else without knowing the structure, first.

I'm attaching three files. One shows the structure of the official RotRL. You'll see that it's mainly a collection of scenes. There's an entry for Sandpoint which has all the content for Sandpoint within the topic. It doesn't have separate entries for all the locations.

Another one shows that when I entered it, I definitely used scenes and chapters. I understand the importance of those.

Then the other shows that in addition to scenes and chapters, I included a more detailed structure for Sandpoint (and other things, but this image only shows Sandpoint).

I cropped off the content to avoid copyright violation. I'm just showing the structure.

Hi

The structure is one of the issues. I had expected a much better organised package than this. Also, as I flagged above as an example, the map for Foxglove Manor has tags that link to Fort Rannick locations. That is a very basic problem but one that would be an absolute pain for me to correct. Considering the price I therefore don't really think "we don't do refunds" is good enough.

I can try and go through the package and catalogue all the issues but frankly I don't have the time and this has put me off using Realm Works for RotRL. Grateful if someone in LWD could offer a more constructive opinion than asking me to report bugs. These are not bugs, these are basic errors that anyone familiar with the content would not have included in the package (and certainly wouldn't have put it on sale). I will be emailing customer service asking for my money back I'm afraid as the response here just isn't good enough.

Thanks

Rone May 10th, 2019 11:06 AM

Please forgive the imprecision of my reply, Medriev. I was rushing.

Rather than bug reports, what I should have asked for was a list of things you weren't liking about our Rise of the Runelords offering. Constructive criticism and feedback helps us improve our products. I'm closely monitoring this thread and I'm making a list of what it is people aren't caring for.

Medriev May 10th, 2019 11:08 AM

Hi

Just to add to this, I have emailed the support@wolflair.com address asking for a full refund. I have also confirmed I am happy for you to revoke my Realm Works license if you do not trust me to delete the RotRL package. The RotRL package is sub standard and not fit for purpose. I therefore regard it as having been mis-sold. For the quality of it it should have been priced at a much lower price point and labelled as a beta version.

I will be expecting a full refund for this package and will not now be purchasing any further content for Realm Works. The future of my HL Classic and HL Online accounts also depends on how the company deals with this issue. I am thoroughly disappointed and feel ripped off so I hope someone can deal with this constructively.

Thanks

kbs666 May 10th, 2019 12:52 PM

Rone you might also want to get an answer to what the pricing is going to be for RW cloud subs. For most of us our cloud access ends on May 21. That's 11 days to get the data posted and have your store working to take payments and extend access.

Acenoid May 10th, 2019 03:31 PM

@medriev
maybe you want to - before asking for a full refund - give them a chance to fix / improve the issues that you are having with the content? I think those bought content supports (somehow) updates, so maybe those maplinks and structure issues can be fixed?

Though Iam wondering, if users already bought it and use it happily what would happen if they are suddenly get a new structure after an update ^^

This content market thing is surely a bit complex...

Toblakai May 10th, 2019 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Acenoid (Post 278819)
@medriev
maybe you want to - before asking for a full refund - give them a chance to fix / improve the issues that you are having with the content? I think those bought content supports (somehow) updates, so maybe those maplinks and structure issues can be fixed?

Though Iam wondering, if users already bought it and use it happily what would happen if they are suddenly get a new structure after an update ^^

This content market thing is surely a bit complex...

I don't think they can offer a refund for a digital product, there is no way for them to verify that you actually deleted it. It would be like asking Amazon to refund you for am item but you don't send it back.

His offer of deleting the RealmWorks account would possibly work but you could still run it in offline mode. But I suspect this option would not satisfy him regarding future purchases of HLO/HL.

I think your option of reporting issues and seeing the fixes would be the best route at this time.


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 07:54 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® - Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
wolflair.com copyright 1998-2016 Lone Wolf Development, Inc. View our Privacy Policy here.