Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   HL - Call of Cthulhu (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=64)
-   -   Adding info for Pulp Cthulhu (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=60968)

morkalg July 24th, 2018 05:40 PM

Adding info for Pulp Cthulhu

So I'm taking a stab at adding support for Pulp Cthulhu. I've never used the editor before and I'm not sure where to add things like the pulp talents so that they are available during character builds.

I added one as a test as an ability but it's not showing up. Where would you suggest these be added?

Some things I'll need to tackle are:

Pulp HP's
Pulp Archetypes
Pulp Talents

I'd love some guidance and am happy to assist here if someone else is already doing this. No need to reinvent the wheel!

qstor August 31st, 2018 08:19 AM

Maybe post in the Pathfinder forum? For programming info.

Phrll August 31st, 2018 09:09 AM

You might be able to add Archetypes and Talents as Skills in the editor with eval scripts to add everything they give the character. It's a kludgey way to do it and it might look odd on the character sheet but it might work. I'm doing something similar for Dr Who using Kairos' data set.

If you can find a way to add an Ability to a character, that would probably work better. I haven't done much with the 7th Ed. CoC in HLC yet.

If you're brave enough to get into the Authoring Kit, you might be able to add a new tab for them but that's some pretty heavy coding outside of the editor.

No idea how to handle the 2x normal HP.

Valyar December 9th, 2018 10:43 PM

Any success in adding the Pulp Cthulhu options to the game system?

BahtRastard May 26th, 2019 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phrll (Post 270073)
You might be able to add Archetypes and Talents as Skills in the editor with eval scripts to add everything they give the character. It's a kludgey way to do it and it might look odd on the character sheet but it might work. I'm doing something similar for Dr Who using Kairos' data set.

If you can find a way to add an Ability to a character, that would probably work better. I haven't done much with the 7th Ed. CoC in HLC yet.

If you're brave enough to get into the Authoring Kit, you might be able to add a new tab for them but that's some pretty heavy coding outside of the editor.

No idea how to handle the 2x normal HP.

The HP adjustment is the easy one. Make a permanent adjustment in the Personal tab. For the Pulp Talents, I've been listing them in the Character Notes until I work out the Tab system.

qstor July 26th, 2019 06:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valyar (Post 273813)
Any success in adding the Pulp Cthulhu options to the game system?

Yeah I'm not getting 7th edition until Pulp CoC is added.

hart8210 November 9th, 2019 01:41 PM

Has there been any movement from anyone (including Wolflair) on getting Pulp rules added to HLC? It's literally the only thing stopping me from purchasing the Cthulhu rule set.

Valyar November 13th, 2019 12:01 PM

Seems not :(