Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=62)
-   -   Pathfinder Community Packs (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=51966)

Moff Rimmer August 31st, 2016 10:41 PM

I'm not finding "Touch Attack" or "Ranged Touch Attack" as weapons anymore. Did something happen to those with your update.

(Thank you, by the way for doing all this. These files are great.)

Azhrei September 1st, 2016 09:01 AM

Aren't those part of the Community Pack?

Farling September 1st, 2016 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Azhrei (Post 234118)
Aren't those part of the Community Pack?

Which could be why the question was asked in this thread? :-)

ShadowChemosh September 1st, 2016 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moff Rimmer (Post 234101)
I'm not finding "Touch Attack" or "Ranged Touch Attack" as weapons anymore. Did something happen to those with your update.

(Thank you, by the way for doing all this. These files are great.)

Something changed in the last Pathfinder update for weapons. Touch Attack/Ranged Touch Attack are not working the same anymore. In addition they don't appear to be chosen either.

As soon as I can I will hopefully get to look and find a solution but they have not been removed. My players use them all the time. :)

Azhrei September 1st, 2016 11:27 PM

So do I. I'll be waiting on the installing the update, since nothing in the ChangeLog interests me anyway...

Thanks, SC. :)

Moff Rimmer September 2nd, 2016 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh (Post 234133)
Something changed in the last Pathfinder update for weapons. Touch Attack/Ranged Touch Attack are not working the same anymore. In addition they don't appear to be chosen either.

As soon as I can I will hopefully get to look and find a solution but they have not been removed. My players use them all the time. :)

Thank you for this. I really appreciate all that you've done with these community packs. (I wish my programming was a little more advanced to help...)

If you can (or if you think about it), I believe that whatever was "changed" kind of messed with Ancient One's sheet as well (which I prefer). Not sure if that's something that you might be able to correct/fix too.

Thanks again.

Colen September 2nd, 2016 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh (Post 234133)

We looked into this and it looks like the Helper.Static tags on the touch attack / ranged touch attack are what's stopping them from appearing in the list? In our data files, we've only ever used those tags on things that should never be added to the hero, like wRay and wTouch. Our intent has always been that anything with those tags would never be added by users, but we may have only implemented that recently. :(

If you want the touch attacks to be selectable like any normal weapon, I think the right thing to do would just be to remove those tags from them? Were you trying to do anything specific with those tags, or did you pick them up just by copying wRay / wTouch to create your touch attacks?

Hope this helps!

Moff Rimmer September 2nd, 2016 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Colen (Post 234149)
We looked into this and it looks like the Helper.Static tags on the touch attack / ranged touch attack are what's stopping them from appearing in the list? ...

If you want the touch attacks to be selectable like any normal weapon, I think the right thing to do would just be to remove those tags from them?

If that's all there is to it, I can probably fix it on my system until ShadowChemosh updates the official files. But if someone can point me to which file specifically this is found in it would save me a lot of time sifting through a lot of files...

charlieluce September 2nd, 2016 03:08 PM

Looks like COM_BasicPack_UniversialThings - Equipment.user is the file, I took out the Helper.Static tags on my copy and the Weapons show up again in the add list.

EldritchWeaver September 3rd, 2016 08:27 AM

A friend of mine wants to use the Community Pack, but he is missing some packages. Which data packages does the Community Pack depend on? I couldn't find any info and the hint that they are mentioned in the installation notes is no longer valid.