Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=62)
-   -   Pathfinder Community Packs (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=51966)

ShadowChemosh July 19th, 2017 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh (Post 252907)
I have not yet had time to really look into this Psionic bug yet. Honestly it sounds like its a BASE bug in HL itself and I may need to get LW to fix it.

I will update once I have had a chance to look into the issue......

So bad news. This is a base bug in HL itself and I can not fix it. I have put in an official bug report with LW with the details to duplicate.

From what I can tell its only a display issue as its not actually causing anything to not calculate incorrectly. :)

Jaynay27 July 20th, 2017 01:53 AM

Anyone else have the package break with the latest HL update? I cant seem to locate or load the package data???

charlieluce July 20th, 2017 12:09 PM

The Pathfinder Pack 1.9 is loading fine for me with the Pathfinder 13.9 update.

Aaron July 20th, 2017 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaynay27 (Post 252995)
Anyone else have the package break with the latest HL update? I cant seem to locate or load the package data???

Do you have the kickstarter files for rappan athuk? I've gotten some reports related to that conflicting with something from the community files.

Jaynay27 July 20th, 2017 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aaron (Post 253022)
Do you have the kickstarter files for rappan athuk? I've gotten some reports related to that conflicting with something from the community files.

Yes, I do have them

ShadowChemosh July 20th, 2017 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaynay27 (Post 253025)
Yes, I do have them

Once you get ANY error in HL it loads in safe mode and will not load ANY addon.

So if another Addon is broke you will need to have those files fixed or removed before the Pack can load. :(

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaynay27 (Post 252995)

If you have errors on load you can also RIGHT click on the window to COPY the errors. Pasting those along with your post makes it MUCH easier for use to debug the issue. :)

Jaynay27 July 20th, 2017 03:37 PM

OK looks like i get this:

Code:

The data files could not be loaded due to errors. Hero Lab will now attempt to load them in recovery mode. Once loaded, you can access the editor as normal to correct any errors.

The following errors occurred:

File: FGG_Rappan_Athuk.user (line 10045) - Thing - Duplicate record encountered ('xDamRdCIMa') - found in 'FGG_Rappan_Athuk.user', 'built-in packages'

then when HL opens i get this:

Code:

Errors were encountered when loading the saved portfolio! A record of these errors can be found in the file "C:\Users\JAYNAY~1\AppData\Local\Temp\hero_lab_load_issues.log". If you notice incorrect behaviors in your portfolio, please report it to the data file authors (you can contact them from the Help menu).

Critical information not found in data files: Source 'No XP Required for Advancement'
Critical information not found in data files: Source 'DSP - Ultimate Psionics'
Critical information not found in data files: Source 'ShadowChemosh's Adjustments'
Critical information not found in data files: Source 'ShadowChemosh's Archetypes & Classes'
Critical information not found in data files: Source 'ShadowChemosh's Feats'
Critical information not found in data files: Source 'ShadowChemosh's Equipment'
One or more selections on 'Gavroche' couldn't be loaded. They may require content that isn't available to this Hero Lab license, or user content that isn't currently loaded.
'- Custom Spell Weapon -' can't be loaded without 'ShadowChemosh's Adjustments'

and this:

Code:

No XP Cost mechanics found!
- - -
- - -
- - -
- - -

I hope this helps. Thankyou for your responses :)

Edit - And sorry for not posting this earlier...I imagine you get sick of asking this of people like me.

ShadowChemosh July 20th, 2017 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaynay27 (Post 253030)
File: FGG_Rappan_Athuk.user (line 10045) - Thing - Duplicate record encountered ('xDamRdCIMa') - found in 'FGG_Rappan_Athuk.user', 'built-in packages'

Yep the issue is from the Rappan Athuk addon and nothing directly to do with the community Pack. I can give you exact steps to follow here to fix this on your Windows/Mac computer but it won't do anything to fix the issue if using the iPad. :(

1) Start HL and click ok through the error messages.
2) Tools->Start Editor
3) File->Open Data File
4) Open "FGG_Rappan_Athuk.user"
5) Then go to the "General->Ability" tab. Look for the "ID" of "xDamRdCiMa" which should have a name like "Damage Reduction, Cold Iron Magic".
6) Click on the xDamRdCIMa and on the right side after the name is the "Unique ID" section. Change the ID from xDamRdCIMa to yDamRdCIMa
7) At the top go to "File->Save Data File".
8) Totally close down Hero Lab.
9) Restart HL and hopefully your error goes away now. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaynay27 (Post 253030)
Edit - And sorry for not posting this earlier...I imagine you get sick of asking this of people like me.

You get use to it. :)

Jaynay27 July 20th, 2017 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh (Post 253035)
Yep the issue is from the Rappan Athuk addon and nothing directly to do with the community Pack. I can give you exact steps to follow here to fix this on your Windows/Mac computer but it won't do anything to fix the issue if using the iPad. :(

1) Start HL and click ok through the error messages.
2) Tools->Start Editor
3) File->Open Data File
4) Open "FGG_Rappan_Athuk.user"
5) Then go to the "General->Ability" tab. Look for the "ID" of "xDamRdCiMa" which should have a name like "Damage Reduction, Cold Iron Magic".
6) Click on the xDamRdCIMa and on the right side after the name is the "Unique ID" section. Change the ID from xDamRdCIMa to yDamRdCIMa
7) At the top go to "File->Save Data File".
8) Totally close down Hero Lab.
9) Restart HL and hopefully your error goes away now. :)

You get use to it. :)

Thankyou so much. Will test during my lunch break and see how it goes.

*Edit* aaaaand fixed! Updated my character on the desktop and re-synced with iPad and now it works on both. I cant thank you enough.

Ualaa July 20th, 2017 08:32 PM

I had the same thing, but instead of changing the ID... I deleted that record.

I figured the error was a duplicate record, so there would be a means for DR/Cold Iron & Magic elsewhere, and deleting one of them wouldn't matter.