Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=62)
-   -   Pathfinder Community Packs (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=51966)

Farling April 1st, 2017 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quintain (Post 247220)
The 2nd-ary disciplines that are already created will need to be changed to be primary custom abilities, and we'll need to edit the name so that the user will understand that these are for the dual disciple archetype only (or make it available only to the dual disciple archetype -- which I think it may already be). Then we'll be able to use the 2nd-ary custom abilities for the additional discipline mythic ability, and the 3rd-ary custom abilities for the extra discipline power lists.

Maybe a look at how the Ranger Favoured Enemy class feature is implemented would help with this primary/secondary control?

ShadowChemosh April 1st, 2017 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quintain (Post 247220)
The 2nd-ary disciplines that are already created will need to be changed to be primary custom abilities, and we'll need to edit the name so that the user will understand that these are for the dual disciple archetype only (or make it available only to the dual disciple archetype -- which I think it may already be).

I don't agree with this plan. If we are going to fix this then lets do it correctly and not have to "duplicate" all Disciplines twice. In addition we should keep to the solutions we already have in Pack that gamers are using.

The Psychic Warrior at level 9 chooses a 2nd Warrior's Path ability. At that time the gamer gets a new drop-down on the path abilities that require them to select one as Primary and one as Secondary. I would prefer we did the same in this case. The Primary one gets the abilities at 2,8,14 & 20. The secondary discipline gains abilities at 10 & 15th level and the 14 & 20th level abilities are disabled.

The logic can easily be stored in a new Procedure so that its easy to change or fix. Plus easy to add to all the disciplines. This prevents the need of having duplicates of every discipline.

Quintain April 1st, 2017 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh (Post 247231)
I don't agree with this plan. If we are going to fix this then lets do it correctly and not have to "duplicate" all Disciplines twice. In addition we should keep to the solutions we already have in Pack that gamers are using.

The Psychic Warrior at level 9 chooses a 2nd Warrior's Path ability. At that time the gamer gets a new drop-down on the path abilities that require them to select one as Primary and one as Secondary. I would prefer we did the same in this case. The Primary one gets the abilities at 2,8,14 & 20. The secondary discipline gains abilities at 10 & 15th level and the 14 & 20th level abilities are disabled.

The logic can easily be stored in a new Procedure so that its easy to change or fix. Plus easy to add to all the disciplines. This prevents the need of having duplicates of every discipline.

Ok, this works too.

Skarn April 2nd, 2017 03:29 AM

Eberron Bug Report (Community Pack v1.7)

I just noticed something else missing on the Dolgaunt. I don't see any indication in Hero Lab that the Dolgaunt's tentacles have 10' Reach (Eberron Campaign Setting, p. 281).

ShadowChemosh April 2nd, 2017 06:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quintain (Post 247240)
Ok, this works too.

I am thinking it maybe best to encapsulate this logic with a new specific Thing Type called a "Discipline". I can then more easily hide the script logic being done and have a simple new "editor" tab actually. That would allow for creating new future disciplines or house-rule disciplines to be made very easily.

Let me take a look into that today.

ShadowChemosh April 2nd, 2017 07:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skarn (Post 247241)
Eberron Bug Report (Community Pack v1.7)

I just noticed something else missing on the Dolgaunt. I don't see any indication in Hero Lab that the Dolgaunt's tentacles have 10' Reach (Eberron Campaign Setting, p. 281).

This is because unlike today no real feature existed in HL to designate one attack had a different reach than standard.

I have added it to the list to be enhanced...

Quintain April 2nd, 2017 07:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh (Post 247244)
I am thinking it maybe best to encapsulate this logic with a new specific Thing Type called a "Discipline". I can then more easily hide the script logic being done and have a simple new "editor" tab actually. That would allow for creating new future disciplines or house-rule disciplines to be made very easily.

Let me take a look into that today.

Sounds like a plan. With your concept, I'd like to see if we can implement the "partial disciplines" that comes with the mythic abilities.. otherwise, I'll implement them as secondary abilities, instead.

Skarn April 2nd, 2017 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh (Post 247245)
This is because unlike today no real feature existed in HL to designate one attack had a different reach than standard.

I have added it to the list to be enhanced...

Your work is greatly appreciated. :D

Quintain April 2nd, 2017 02:11 PM

I just noticed something from last nights game. The Cryptic's Disrupt Pattern qualifies as a weapon -- yet with feats like weapon focus, deadly aim, smite, etc it doesn't auto-calculcate the additional feat effects.

How would we implement being able to apply these effects.. I presume it's similiar to something like the mind bolt, although it's considered to be a ray-like weapon.

ShadowChemosh April 3rd, 2017 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quintain (Post 247259)
I just noticed something from last nights game. The Cryptic's Disrupt Pattern qualifies as a weapon -- yet with feats like weapon focus, deadly aim, smite, etc it doesn't auto-calculcate the additional feat effects.

How would we implement being able to apply these effects.. I presume it's similiar to something like the mind bolt, although it's considered to be a ray-like weapon.

With allot more scripting that is how. Its a weapon yes but we have taken full control over the damage dice values. Meaning all those "bonuses" will have to be manually calculated into the total.

Deadly Aim by the rules does not affect Disrupt Pattern because its a Touch Attack and Deadly Aim does not work with touch attacks. So we need to carefully verify what really needs to be added please.