Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   HLO - Pathfinder 2nd Edition (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   Pathfinder Playtest Demo Mode (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=61054)

charlieluce August 9th, 2018 04:06 PM

Pathfinder Playtest Demo Mode
 
I just realized that there seems to be no way to level up or add XP to a character in Demo Mode.

Is this the intended behavior? We have to pay $35 apiece to playtest Doomsday Dawn past the first chapter?

ShadowChemosh August 9th, 2018 04:28 PM

Correct Demo mode is level 1 only. You can make a fully functional level one character.

What do you mean “each” needs to buy? Each person has always had to buy their own copy of HL. A license is owned per person not a group of players.

Now then you could use your account to make your players character and print the sheet off for them.

rob August 9th, 2018 04:36 PM

Please outline the capabilities you are expecting from a free demo of the product. As @ShadowChemosh outlined, we currently support creating a fully functional starting character. This is how HLClassic has operated since its inception over a decade ago, and we simply carried the same model across to HLOnline, since that approach seemed to work well for everyone. What else would you like us to include?

charlieluce August 9th, 2018 05:27 PM

Rob, I am not sure how I got it into my head that the PF2e Playtest was going to work like the Occult and Intrigue rulebook playtests for PF1 did and be free until the paid version came out. In retrospect it seems foolish.

Shadow, since HLO does not support multiple licenses my wife and I would have to each buy a copy unlike HLC, or make sure we never tried to use it at the same time.

ShadowChemosh August 9th, 2018 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by charlieluce (Post 269224)
Shadow, since HLO does not support multiple licenses my wife and I would have to each buy a copy unlike HLC, or make sure we never tried to use it at the same time.

Oh yeah for family uses HLO only supports the one login. It was mentioned (usually in reference to PF1) that similar functionality of multiple family logins would get into HLO but its not yet available. :(

If you pay twice you can feel good about supporting the software you like. :)

If you want to be a good husband you can use a printed sheet and let her use the software. :D

rob August 9th, 2018 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by charlieluce (Post 269224)
Rob, I am not sure how I got it into my head that the PF2e Playtest was going to work like the Occult and Intrigue rulebook playtests for PF1 did and be free until the paid version came out. In retrospect it seems foolish.

We provided those to people who had already purchased the core package for the game system. In this case, it IS the core package. And anyone who purchases it will get ongoing updates as Paizo revises the playtest, as well as the official PF2e release when it drops next August.

Quote:

Originally Posted by charlieluce (Post 269224)
Shadow, since HLO does not support multiple licenses my wife and I would have to each buy a copy unlike HLC, or make sure we never tried to use it at the same time.

We're working to put something into place to address this. There are a variety of aspects that need to be sorted out, including on the licensing side.

Aventhar August 10th, 2018 08:53 AM

Demo Capabilities
 
Hi Rob,

It doesn't matter to me since I already bought the PF2 and SF packages, but you guys should consider allowing the demo mode to level characters to 2nd, so perspective buyers can demo the HLO's leveling capability.

You guys do awesome work and the time saved on character advancement is worth every penny. Keep it coming!


Quote:

Originally Posted by rob (Post 269222)
Please outline the capabilities you are expecting from a free demo of the product. As @ShadowChemosh outlined, we currently support creating a fully functional starting character. This is how HLClassic has operated since its inception over a decade ago, and we simply carried the same model across to HLOnline, since that approach seemed to work well for everyone. What else would you like us to include?


charlieluce August 10th, 2018 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rob (Post 269232)
We provided those to people who had already purchased the core package for the game system. In this case, it IS the core package. And anyone who purchases it will get ongoing updates as Paizo revises the playtest, as well as the official PF2e release when it drops next August.

Yeah, that's pretty much how I explained it to my wife after I got over my Homer Simpson moment. :o I blame senility (just turned 63).

thaX August 10th, 2018 07:30 PM

I just want to know if the licensing of product is going to be less with the ongoing fees for access, or if it is staying the same as it is on the original (and still superior) program. I was hoping the various licenses cost would go down as the online model has continuing revenue stream from the monthly/yearly access fees. Is there something being looked at as far as this goes, or is it just Herolab on a server with extra fees.

Tricky110974 August 11th, 2018 07:50 AM

Have to admit that just like the Playtest materials are free (PDFs) from Paizo, I think that making this free for the playtest would have gone a long way in building the user base.

If after the playtest, I decide to stick to PF1, I will feel like I wasted money, especially when everything else for the playtest is free and this is a cost per player.

Still waiting for an equivalent (or some form of) multiple licence and user login functionality, and the ability transfer everything that I have already bought before I switch from HLC to HLO.

The D&D Beyond model of DM account and Player accounts and shared content should be looked at for inspiration.


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 06:06 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® - Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
wolflair.com copyright ©1998-2016 Lone Wolf Development, Inc. View our Privacy Policy here.