Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=62)
-   -   Help adding (house-ruled) class skills to Gunslinger? (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=21450)

Jeff Wilder May 29th, 2012 12:10 PM

Help adding (house-ruled) class skills to Gunslinger?

(1) Instead of using Perception, I use two skills (Notice and Observe). I also use Athletics in place of Climb, Swim, and the jump part of Acrobatics.

(2) I've added these to my HouseRules.user file in Hero Lab, and under the Eval Scripts button I've also added all of the classes (from Core, APG, Ultimate Magic, and Ultimate Combat) that have these as class skills.

(3) With one exception: Gunslinger gives me an eval error, can't find classes.Gunslinger. I can't figure it out; as far as I can tell "Gunslinger" is the correct tag. All of the other classes work fine.

The code is:

if (#levelcount[Barbarian] >=1) then
#makeclassskill[skAthletic]
elseif (#levelcount[Bard] >= 1) then
elseif (#levelcount[Cavalier] >= 1) then
elseif (#levelcount[Druid] >= 1) then
elseif (#levelcount[Fighter] >= 1) then
elseif (#levelcount[Inquisitor] >= 1) then
elseif (#levelcount[Monk] >= 1) then
elseif (#levelcount[Ranger] >= 1) then
elseif (#levelcount[Rogue] >= 1) then
elseif (#levelcount[Magus] >= 1) then
elseif (#levelcount[Ninja] >= 1) then
elseif (#levelcount[Samurai] >= 1) then
elseif (#levelcount[Warrior] >= 1) then
elseif (#levelcount[Aristocrat] >= 1) then
elseif (#levelcount[Commoner] >= 1) then
endif

Adding in the elseif for Gunslinger returns, as I said, an eval script error. No idea why. I thought it might be a string-length issue, but Aristocrat works fine.

Can you tell me where I can look to know for sure whether "Gunslinger" is correct? Any idea on why this might be happening?

Jeff

Aaron May 29th, 2012 01:20 PM

Try using #levelcount[Gunsling] instead

Aaron May 29th, 2012 01:25 PM

To find this out, try the following:
In the program, go to Develop menu, and choose "Enable Data File Debugging", then choose the "Floating Info Windows" and "Show Hero Tags".

Then add a level of Gunslinger, and scroll down in the Info window to where it shows the Classes.WHATEVER tags, and you will see that a Classes.Gunsling tag is added each time you take a level in Gunslinger. Enabling Data File Debugging is one of the most useful things you can do to learn how HL works and help you get the hang of coding.

Jeff Wilder May 29th, 2012 07:39 PM

Thanks!