Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   Warhammer Fantasy 8th Ed. (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   [Bug Reports] Dwarfs (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=13110)

pablom83 May 28th, 2011 12:32 AM

[Bug Reports] Dwarfs

The army book specifies that 1-2 bolt throwers count as a single special choice, which means I can add up to 6 bolt throwers to my list. However, army builder complains after the third bolt thrower.

Thanks for your patience.

UltraPrime May 28th, 2011 11:34 PM

Will be sorted. :)

baldbeachbum October 13th, 2011 01:27 PM

Lords and Hero's have no Runic Weapon, Armor, Talisman options to choose from. Only has "?" mark.

UltraPrime October 13th, 2011 02:27 PM

Add the option, then you can add the individual runes to it :)

Dr. Cheesesteak December 17th, 2011 08:31 PM

The "Rule of Pride" (no 2 items can have identical rune combos) for runes isn't applying to Runelord and Lord together (but does apply if a Thane has an identical rune item of either lords). Not sure if this is a bug or just my misunderstanding of the rule...?

edit: ahh, well I forgot Rune of Stone is the exception to the rule, maybe that confuses AB? But regardless, it appears to be working now somehow, after I mixed and matched more runes (specifically in the Runelord's and Lord's armors), even if both have the Rune of Stone. Not sure why it wasn't working properly before, but it appears to be now. =D

Blade4hire February 25th, 2012 08:08 AM

Runes

I can't find the Rune of Stoicism for Runic Standards. Is it missing?

UltraPrime March 7th, 2012 12:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blade4hire (Post 77120)
I can't find the Rune of Stoicism for Runic Standards. Is it missing?

Yes, because it has no effect in 8th edition.

jaden April 9th, 2012 09:28 PM

Hi there I just baught your program earlier today and i gotta say its great only one little bug i have to report is the Miners prospector is only 10 points not 21

Mr_Rose April 11th, 2012 04:38 AM

The Prospector upgrade (like all champions) costs (base price) + (upgrade price) to give a final total. Unless you are saying the total unit cost changes by more than 10pts when the upgrade is taken?

Mearn4d10 May 22nd, 2012 10:45 AM

Slayer Limitations?

I pulled up Fantasy after the latest bucfix n correction patch, and now I can't takt more than one group of slayers without adding slayer heroes and/or lords. Did I miss an FAQ?

UltraPrime May 22nd, 2012 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mearn4d10 (Post 83335)
I pulled up Fantasy after the latest bucfix n correction patch, and now I can't takt more than one group of slayers without adding slayer heroes and/or lords. Did I miss an FAQ?

No, you missed the rule in the army book itself. Page 56.

Melkael June 12th, 2012 12:03 AM

Hello, I noticed a bug on the rule royal blood. It is said that an army containing a character with royal blood allows to have a unit of additional longbeard. What has no possible for the moment.

Thank you for your excellent work!
Melkael

illmatic June 20th, 2012 01:29 PM

It seems you are unable to use multiple Runes of Stone for +2 armour save.

awargamer June 24th, 2012 08:58 AM

Lord & Thane with runic great weapons

EDIT: Not a bug. I figured out what was wrong. One needs to use the Master Rune of Kraag the Grim to have a magic great weapon. Thanks.

A validation error (below) occurs if you take a lord/hero with a great weapon and add a rune to it. The 'hand weapon' check box is grayed out so it cannot be removed from the lord/hero, but it is causing a conflict.

Unit 'Dwarf Lord"': If you take a Magic Weapon, you may not use a non-magical weapon.

I'm an AB & WFB newbie, so I could just misunderstand the rules or how to use the program.

Mr_Rose July 1st, 2012 02:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by illmatic (Post 85258)
It seems you are unable to use multiple Runes of Stone for +2 armour save.

You need to read your Dwarf army book more carefully.

Sir Owl September 30th, 2012 04:44 AM

upgrading slayers

I just started to play dwarfs so maybe I've missed something but anyways, p 56 in the army book says "upgrade any number of troll slayers to giant slayers for +15 points/model"

The bug: in army builder only one (1) model is upgraded

Yobtar September 30th, 2012 10:11 AM

Click on giant slayers stat line in the list then use the + button to increase number of giant slayers just like you would if you were increasing unit size. Vice versa use the - button to decrease giant slayers.

Sir Owl September 30th, 2012 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yobtar (Post 94774)
Click on giant slayers stat line in the list then use the + button to increase number of giant slayers just like you would if you were increasing unit size. Vice versa use the - button to decrease giant slayers.

sixbras October 25th, 2012 02:14 AM

It seems you are unable to give Great Weapons to your Thane with Battle Standard. ( As it say in the dwarf books).

But the RuleBook's Errata say it's possible.

Thanks

UltraPrime October 25th, 2012 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sixbras (Post 97179)
It seems you are unable to give Great Weapons to your Thane with Battle Standard. ( As it say in the dwarf books).

Thanks

Fixed for 2.49

Psycho-Joe February 2nd, 2013 04:27 AM

Quote:

Thanks

the rulebook errata say, that standard bearers from command groups can use other weapons and great weapons, there is no talk from character BSB.
so we must follow the rule that a thane BSB can't take any extra weapon or shield. I was wondering why i could add some.
so please fix it back ;-)

EdSteiner February 2nd, 2013 04:50 AM

Armybook trumps BRB

Psycho-Joe February 3rd, 2013 04:24 AM

thats what i meant but

Quote:

Originally Posted by UltraPrime (Post 97227)
Fixed for 2.49

Yobtar February 3rd, 2013 07:45 AM

Where it all went wrong
Quote:

Thanks

Quote:

Originally Posted by UltraPrime (Post 97227)
Fixed for 2.49

Psycho stating it being "fixed" actually broke it
Quote:

Originally Posted by Psycho-Joe (Post 127870)
the rulebook errata say, that standard bearers from command groups can use other weapons and great weapons, there is no talk from character BSB.
so we must follow the rule that a thane BSB can't take any extra weapon or shield. I was wondering why i could add some.
so please fix it back ;-)

Just a simple mix up in thinking the "rulebook" in the first bug report implied the Dwarf book when it actually referred to the BRB

Psycho-Joe March 29th, 2013 05:41 AM

I thought it would be fixed, but hasn't.
The armybook says that a "Thane carrying the Battle Standard cannot choose any extra weapon nor can he use a shield" but you can select any of them.
Please fix it, i thought the discussion before made it clear.

Joe

EdSteiner March 29th, 2013 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Psycho-Joe (Post 152055)
I thought it would be fixed, but hasn't.
The armybook says that a "Thane carrying the Battle Standard cannot choose any extra weapon nor can he use a shield" but you can select any of them.
Please fix it, i thought the discussion before made it clear.

Joe

Joe, that one was my bad, I read it backwards and you are correct. I have fixed it and will do a mid-month release, well might be first week of April if any other issues with DoC come up.

EdSteiner

Psycho-Joe April 12th, 2013 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EdSteiner (Post 152101)
Joe, that one was my bad, I read it backwards and you are correct. I have fixed it and will do a mid-month release, well might be first week of April if any other issues with DoC come up.

EdSteiner

Thanks for that ;-)

Btw. there is no validation error if you have 2 cannons with the same runeset on each

Joe

EdSteiner April 12th, 2013 12:05 PM

Will chew on it and get it fixed for next release

EdSteiner April 14th, 2013 08:55 AM

I have revised how Engineering Runes are applied to enforce uniqueness validation requirements

Added for 2.57

liar1g April 26th, 2013 04:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EdSteiner (Post 153538)
I have revised how Engineering Runes are applied to enforce uniqueness validation requirements

Added for 2.57

Yeah, thanks, now the runes which are unique to grudge throwers and bolt throwers cannot be picked. Fix please.

ghstgry April 29th, 2013 05:21 PM

Bug with Engineering Runes

Grudge Throwers don't have Rune of Accuracy as an option. :(

EdSteiner April 30th, 2013 06:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ghstgry (Post 155176)
Grudge Throwers don't have Rune of Accuracy as an option. :(

Corrected for 2.58 release. Had to do with how it was id'd as stone thrower after rune option were taken. Rune could not tell if it was stone thrower

EdSteiner April 30th, 2013 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by liar1g (Post 154866)
Yeah, thanks, now the runes which are unique to grudge throwers and bolt throwers cannot be picked. Fix please.

Corrected for 2.58

UltraPrime April 30th, 2013 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by liar1g (Post 154866)

Just wanted to say, there is probably a more curtious way to ask. Please remember, we have feelings too...

ghstgry April 30th, 2013 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EdSteiner (Post 155219)
Corrected for 2.58 release. Had to do with how it was id'd as stone thrower after rune option were taken. Rune could not tell if it was stone thrower

Odd...my laptop copy has RoAccuracy available, but my main PC's doesn't. Far as I know, they're the same version. They both use the Engineering Runes category at least...

EdSteiner April 30th, 2013 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ghstgry (Post 155274)
Odd...my laptop copy has RoAccuracy available, but my main PC's doesn't. Far as I know, they're the same version. They both use the Engineering Runes category at least...

Weird, guess just dl 2.57 again or wait until Fri, when I post up 2.58

ghstgry May 27th, 2013 07:07 AM

Stone Thrower Misfire chart inaccuracy

This doesn't apply specifically to Dwarfs, though it certainly affects us more than others.

The Stone Thrower misfire chart for results 2-3 state:

"2-3) Disabled!: Cannot shoot this turn or, or next turn."

You forgot to include in there that the stone thrower takes an automatic wound as well. Per the BRB rules on pg 115:

"2-3: Disabled. A freak occurrence disrupts the normal smooth operation of the stone thrower, and one of the crew has been caught in the firing mechanism — the stone thrower suffers a wound, with no armour saves allowed. This problem can only be fixed by partially dismantling the war machine and so the stone thrower therefore cannot fire this turn or in the controlling player's next turn. Either turn the war machine around or place a marker of some kind to indicate this."

I'm currently checking with other Dwarf players on Bugman's to verify that there's no errata pertaining specifically to Dwarfs that would override this, but I'm pretty sure there isn't.

EdSteiner May 27th, 2013 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ghstgry (Post 158338)
This doesn't apply specifically to Dwarfs, though it certainly affects us more than others.

The Stone Thrower misfire chart for results 2-3 state:

"2-3) Disabled!: Cannot shoot this turn or, or next turn."

You forgot to include in there that the stone thrower takes an automatic wound as well. Per the BRB rules on pg 115:

"2-3: Disabled. A freak occurrence disrupts the normal smooth operation of the stone thrower, and one of the crew has been caught in the firing mechanism — the stone thrower suffers a wound, with no armour saves allowed. This problem can only be fixed by partially dismantling the war machine and so the stone thrower therefore cannot fire this turn or in the controlling player's next turn. Either turn the war machine around or place a marker of some kind to indicate this."

I'm currently checking with other Dwarf players on Bugman's to verify that there's no errata pertaining specifically to Dwarfs that would override this, but I'm pretty sure there isn't.

Fixed for 2.59

ghstgry June 2nd, 2013 05:42 AM

Thanks Ed, Ultra, for fixing our nitpicks so promptly and courteously! As a fellow programmer, I know it's a thankless job, so I thought I'd remedy that for a minute. :) I rely on Army Builder to keep my lists neat and correct and you guys do a great job with it.

Now if you wanted to slip in stats for the new Dwarf book before it comes out, I'd be okay with that...just sayin'.

EdSteiner June 2nd, 2013 07:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ghstgry (Post 158882)
Thanks Ed, Ultra, for fixing our nitpicks so promptly and courteously! As a fellow programmer, I know it's a thankless job, so I thought I'd remedy that for a minute. :) I rely on Army Builder to keep my lists neat and correct and you guys do a great job with it.

Now if you wanted to slip in stats for the new Dwarf book before it comes out, I'd be okay with that...just sayin'.

On behalf of Ultra and myself, thank you very much for your support and words of encouragement.