Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   Hero Lab Online Discussion (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=95)
-   -   How do I select Sorcerer Signature Spells? (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=62993)

Hammer_Of_The_Circle August 4th, 2019 03:32 PM

How do I select Sorcerer Signature Spells?

I cannot figure out how to add signature spells.

On the character sheet:

The Classes > Sorcerer > Class Features > Signature Spells entry provides only a description.

None of the spells are interact-able with a toggle to make them signature.

The Permanent Added Abilities > Signature Spells (Add) doesn't present an option to select one of your spells or, as far as I can tell, make eligible the selection of spells in another spot in the character sheet.

How do I select Sorcerer Signature Spells?

Thanks!

evildmguy August 4th, 2019 04:58 PM

I also can't figure this out.

thanks for asking!

kaintheseeker August 4th, 2019 08:48 PM

Doesn’t work for me either.

talsharien August 5th, 2019 05:02 AM

I have already raised this as a fault :)

skald1 August 15th, 2020 10:54 PM

Likewise.

charlieluce August 16th, 2020 08:32 AM

Yeah, it's a bit tricky to find. On the Sorcerer tab in the Class Features section, you select the Signature Spells entry for the character's level(s) and the window it brings up has a drop-down to pick from the appropriate ones in the character's repertoire (so you need to do it after picking your spells).

Ryan F August 16th, 2020 08:41 AM

Hey all,

I'm trying to look into this but I'm not finding any trouble when pulling up the Signature Spell Descritpion Panel, I see the relevant dropdown selection menu appear below the Ability Description for the tests I've run so far.

If any/all of you could write us an email to <support@wolflair.com> and include any screenshots of what you're seeing when you open the Signature Spell feature (after you've configured you Spells Known) so we can take a look in-context that would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

charlieluce August 16th, 2020 10:10 AM

Ryan, I'm pretty sure that the issue isn't that the panel doesn't work, it's that it isn't easy to find.

rob August 17th, 2020 07:34 PM

This lack of intuitive behavior is a byproduct of a simpler-to-implement approach we took at the beginning with HLO. We are actively working on addressing this UX concern in a more generalized manner that will be seen across the product. It's gonna take some time to get this all working and tested, especially since it has tendrils across all layers of the product (engine, server, data files, and UI), but the overhaul is definitely underway.

dacoobob August 19th, 2020 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rob (Post 290389)
This lack of intuitive behavior is a byproduct of a simpler-to-implement approach we took at the beginning with HLO. We are actively working on addressing this UX concern in a more generalized manner that will be seen across the product. It's gonna take some time to get this all working and tested, especially since it has tendrils across all layers of the product (engine, server, data files, and UI), but the overhaul is definitely underway.

that's awesome to hear, thanks rob!