Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   Realm Works Discussion (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=67)
-   -   Pathfinder Content: e.g. Rise of the Runelords (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=58960)

Ualaa August 16th, 2017 08:01 AM

The Blight (Frog God Games) had Realm Works support, as a stretch goal.
The PDF has been released to backers, but the physical book hasn't shipped yet.

Any news on the Blight?

Parody August 16th, 2017 11:55 AM

You should probably ask Frog God Games, since it's their project.

Biriba September 13th, 2017 09:14 AM

Hello there! Is there any news on the content market? As it was said it would (probably!) launch sometimes in the second half of August I'm eagerly hitting the "check for updates" button :D :D

daplunk September 13th, 2017 03:08 PM

It's so close I can taste it.

Exmortis September 14th, 2017 05:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Parody (Post 254297)
You should probably ask Frog God Games, since it's their project.

Actually no, if it came with your kickstart to LWD, then it is up to LWD to provide it, not FGG. If you give money to GM for a car, you do not go to Goodyear and ask for the tires that were supposed to he on the vehicle.

LWD is responsible for living up their obligations.

Parody September 14th, 2017 06:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exmortis (Post 255941)
Actually no, if it came with your kickstart to LWD, then it is up to LWD to provide it, not FGG.

I had to go back and look again, as The Blight was a Frog God Games project that was Kickstarted years after the Realm Works Kickstarter. You're right, though, it was also part of the RW Kickstarter in the day. My bad.

So we're back to "no new news until there's a Content Market". :/

Exmortis September 15th, 2017 03:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Parody (Post 255945)
I had to go back and look again, as The Blight was a Frog God Games project that was Kickstarted years after the Realm Works Kickstarter. You're right, though, it was also part of the RW Kickstarter in the day. My bad.

So we're back to "no new news until there's a Content Market". :/

This is one of the reasons I will never ever be a part of crowdfunding again. I was not a backer of RW, but I have been in crowdfunding.

To date, not a single one has produced the product I "invested" or "funded". Not a single one. Zero. Zilch. Nada.

I also now do not buy anything that promises features I would otherwise pay for upfront. Deliver, then I will gladly buy. Ford did not promise me turbo power as an upgrade in the future, my truck came with it, and that's how I buy everything now, software or hardware. Electronic or otherwise.

Just been let down too many times, promises are simply failures waiting for a future date. Nothing more.

Asandir September 15th, 2017 05:29 AM

Was just looking at my Kickstarter backer history.

Canceled my pledges on 14 (several bullets dodged there)
Pledged for 39
1) Partial delivery then project terminated. (1)
2) Still in progress (4) - Realm Works being one of them.
3) Successful with all content delivered (34)
4) 1 Indegogo project - Still in progress but way overdue. Author still posts periodic updates.

daplunk September 15th, 2017 05:56 AM

I've had almost 100% success. One video game (sim ant remake) didn't fund. Everything else has been pretty damn good value.

https://i.imgur.com/9xQyqLS.jpg

Parody September 15th, 2017 06:19 AM

I've donated to a couple hundred. Haven't done the math on them, but I'm still occasionally getting rewards from things from years ago. I know a few have tanked and many have delivered.

From my experiences I can say that it's safest to assume you won't ever get anything but if you do it'll be a year late.