Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   Realm Works Discussion (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=67)
-   -   Web Access Video (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=52359)

chava February 27th, 2015 08:35 PM

Web Access Video

Just saw the link you guys sent out - the web access was one of the main things I was waiting for and it looks great!

... Which means I really have to get off my laziness and get the campaign I'm running input into RealmWorks :)

Thank you.

mirtos February 27th, 2015 08:37 PM

looks really promising. kudos. will ask questions later.

liz February 27th, 2015 08:47 PM

Since these guys beat me to it, here's the video that that they're talking about!

Sneak Peak of Realm Works on the Web!

rob February 27th, 2015 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mirtos (Post 204782)
looks really promising. kudos. will ask questions later.

Edit: I answered mirtos' question and he rescinded it. Apparently, I hit "Quote" after it was rescinded, and I didn't even notice. The original question was:
what sortof computer is it tested on? curious what browsers it will run in, etc...

We've tested on the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, and IE on the desktop. On tablets, we've tested on Chrome (Android) and Safari (iPad).

Our plan is to support only very recent browsers when we launch. Supporting older browsers now will greatly reduce and/or complicate our ability to do many of the cool things we want within the web-app, so our focus is to support current technologies now. Once we release, we'll likely be tethered to those browser versions for quite some time.

So, for example, this means we do not plan to support Internet Explorer on XP systems. Realm Works itself supports XP, so that's not something we're going to worry about. Our plans for the web are definitely focused on the long-term, so we're not going to unnecessarily hamstring ourselves out of the gate. :)

Hope that helps!

Hilmig February 27th, 2015 09:01 PM

Sound issue

Tried to view your video showing the web view, however couldn't hear the voice commentary it was all garbled. Have others had this issue and how have you fixed it. otherwise visually the web view looks Excellent.

Parody February 27th, 2015 09:54 PM

Played just fine for me. Tried with Opera 27 for Windows, both HTML5 and Flash. If you're using a browser and YouTube is using the HTML5 player, did you accidentally have the Speed turned up? (You can toggle players at the YouTube HTML5 Player Page.)

ObTopic: Good to know that the web version is being worked on.

rob February 27th, 2015 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hilmig (Post 204788)
Tried to view your video showing the web view, however couldn't hear the voice commentary it was all garbled. Have others had this issue and how have you fixed it. otherwise visually the web view looks Excellent.

I haven't been able to reproduce any problems on various devices I have access to. What browser are you using? What version? And on what platform and operating system?

ibecker February 28th, 2015 08:43 AM

This looks great so far - I'm looking forward to seeing it live! :)

Joe said that it won't support editing "at launch". Does that mean that the plan eventually is to have it support the full range of editing that the desktop client allows? Or perhaps some subset of the capabilities?

-Ian

Parody February 28th, 2015 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ibecker (Post 204845)
Joe said that it won't support editing "at launch". Does that mean that the plan eventually is to have it support the full range of editing that the desktop client allows? Or perhaps some subset of the capabilities?

The plan has been to support it all, according to rob: Mac/iPad/Android Integration.

mirtos February 28th, 2015 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rob (Post 204786)
Edit: I answered mirtos' question and he rescinded it. Apparently, I hit "Quote" after it was rescinded, and I didn't even notice. The original question was:
what sortof computer is it tested on? curious what browsers it will run in, etc...

We've tested on the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, and IE on the desktop. On tablets, we've tested on Chrome (Android) and Safari (iPad).

Our plan is to support only very recent browsers when we launch. Supporting older browsers now will greatly reduce and/or complicate our ability to do many of the cool things we want within the web-app, so our focus is to support current technologies now. Once we release, we'll likely be tethered to those browser versions for quite some time.

So, for example, this means we do not plan to support Internet Explorer on XP systems. Realm Works itself supports XP, so that's not something we're going to worry about. Our plans for the web are definitely focused on the long-term, so we're not going to unnecessarily hamstring ourselves out of the gate. :)

Hope that helps!

I rescinded because i felt it was rude to be questioning so fast, but thanks for answering. What about memory. I assume this is a lot of javascript, especially if you're targetting modern browsers (which i think is a great plan) so im curious what sort of memory requirements?