Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   HL - Savage Worlds (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=59)
-   -   Hero Lab Savage Setting Index (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=47707)

dartnet December 16th, 2013 05:50 PM

Hero Lab Savage Setting Index

Official (In the downloader)
50 Fathoms - Zarlor
Deadlands: Hell On Earth - Zarlor (Updated 12/16/2014)
Deadlands: Noir - Zarlor
Deadlands: Reloaded - CapedCrusader
East Texas University - Zarlor
Flash Gordon - CapedCrusader
Gaslight - CapedCrusader
High Space - JBearWillis
Interface Zero 2.0 - CapedCrusader
Necessary Evil (requires Super Powers Companion) - Zarlor
Pirates of the Spanish Main - Zarlor
Rippers - dartnet (updated 07/24/2014)
Slipstream - CapedCrusader
Solomon Kane - CapedCrusader
Space 1889 - Zarlor
Tour of Darkness - Zarlor
Weird War II - Zarlor
Weird Wars: Rome - Zarlor

Coming Soon Done but not yet on downloder. (in expected order of release, which is subject to change)
Evernight - Zarlor
Achtung! Cthulhu - Endtransmission
Shaintar - dartnet (Updated 05/31/15)
Widening Gyre - dartnet
Battle for Oz - dartnet (Updated 12/12/14)
Karthador - dartnet
Achtung! Cthulhu - Endtransmission

Coming Soon Still being created.

Deadlands Reloaded (major update including adding The Flood and Lost Sons sources) - CapedCrusader

Unofficial Files - Active (PM the data file author listed to get a copy.)
Accursed - dartnet (Updated 12/12/14)
Agents of Oblivion - dartnet (Updated 12/12/14)
Rippers Reloaded - dartnet (updated 7/26/2017)
The Last Parsec - datnet
6th Gun - dartnet
The Day After Ragnarok - dartnet
Hellfrost – CapedCrusader
Kaiser's Gate - dartnet (Updated 12/13/14)
Kerberos Club - dartnet (updated 1/5/14)
Mars - dartnet (Updated 12/12/14)
Necropolis - zarlor
Broken Earth - Paragon
Ravaged Earth: 2nd Edition - dartnet
Realms of Cthulhu – tatteredking
Runepunk – Tatteredking*95% complete (Works with latest patch)
Sundered Skies – tatteredking
Thrilling Tales - darnet

Fan Conversions
Star Wars - CapedCrusader
Firefly - dartnet
Judge Dredd - JBearWillis
Left 4 Dead – TehBagder
Runequest - Manalishi66 (New)
Star Frontiers - Manalishi66 (New)
TORG - dartnet

Coming Soon

Inactive (Presumed if DataFile Author has not logged in for over 6 months)
Beasts and Barbarians - richkz
Day after Ragnarok – Praetor
Gaslight - Gumbytie
Low Life – CliffR
Savage Mass Effect – Praetor

dartnet December 16th, 2013 05:51 PM

Looking to get involved?
Want to help out and make a fan data file but don't know what one to do?
Here is an (incomplete) list of Settings that have not been done, are not being worked on (as far as I know), or are inactive.
To make a file official (to have it be added to the downloader) you'll have to contact the publisher and they will have to give LW permission to add it to the downloder.

War of the Dead
Iron Dynasty
Suzerain
All for One: Régime Diabolique
Streets of Bedlam
Low Life
Temporal Probability Agency
Totems of the Dead
Strike Force 7
Wonderland No More
Mercenary Breed
Wellstone City
Faith & Demons: The Rising
Judgment Day
Sherwood
HAEL
Tunse'al
Earthdawn
Steamscapes: North America
Broken Earth

dartnet December 16th, 2013 05:52 PM

OK if you have a setting to add post it here.

So far we got 12 official setting, 11 unofficial settings, and 3 inactive settings, 23 total settings that you can get now. With 9 more on the way!

zarlor December 16th, 2013 06:31 PM

I 2nd the vote for stickying as a replacement for the Where You Can Find User Greated Files for Certain Settings thread.

Dartnet, you may also want to include a note in the first post that for unofficial data files folks should just PM the data file author listed to get a copy.

dartnet December 22nd, 2013 07:39 AM

Updated a bit and add the fact I finished my TORG fan file. :)

jbearwillis December 22nd, 2013 11:40 AM

You are the man, dartnet, I loved Torg back in the day and was going to start to try and do the savage worlds one, but you already did it. Way to go.

dartnet December 25th, 2013 08:59 AM

Agents of Oblivion updated!

zarlor December 30th, 2013 09:52 AM

I would add that for some of the "Coming Soon" ones, at least for the ones I've done, you can also send me a PM to get the unofficial, unreviewed versions of those files. Certainly there will be some updates between the ones I have and the officially released ones (because there is always something I've missed or could improve) but at least you can get any of my files before then if anyone really needs them.

dartnet December 31st, 2013 09:58 PM

OK added a list of settings that are not getting HL love at the moment. If you have done a Data File for one of them or are working on one post it and I will add you to the list.

LETS MAKE 2014 A SAVAGE YEAR FOR HERO LAB!

dartnet January 4th, 2014 02:39 PM

Had a request for a new The Day After Ragnarok file, added it to the coming soon list.

SeeleyOne January 7th, 2014 07:47 AM

My group has been playing Pathfinder and I have been busy with school as it is, but I still really like Savage Worlds. If I run a game it is my system of choice. A while back I had worked on some data files, only to have my youngest literally kill my computer (motherboard, hard drive, RAM, and probably CPU). After that I was kind of disheartened. Still, I WANT to work on something, or at least contribute some of the work. Granted another semester just started, but I can do something.

Has anyone started work on the new Accursed setting? I missed that Kickstarter. Does anyone plan to do anything for Achtung Cthulu? I recall that hero lab was part of the Kickstarter for Interface Zero 2.

zarlor January 7th, 2014 09:12 AM

Endtransmission is working on an Achtung! Cthulhu file, but I don't know for sure if he was planning to make if available or if it was just his personal use, so you could try asking him about that. I have Accursed but hadn't made any plans to work on it yet. The only thing I'm working on at the moment is to update Necropolis to Necropolis 2350 and then maybe contact Triple Ace Games to see if I can get them to work it out with Lone Wolf for making it available.

As for Interface Zero 2.0 I think dartnet may be working on that one for unofficial release. I'm not sure if that was related to the Kickstarter goal or not, though.

dartnet January 7th, 2014 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeeleyOne (Post 173717)
Has anyone started work on the new Accursed setting?

On my list to do unless some one else starts if before me.

Quote:

Originally Posted by zarlor (Post 173718)
As for Interface Zero 2.0 I think dartnet may be working on that one for unofficial release. I'm not sure if that was related to the Kickstarter goal or not, though.

Interface Zero 2.0 is on hold for me until I know if there is an official data file on the way.

CapedCrusader January 8th, 2014 11:28 PM

To do Interface Zero officially would take some fairly extensive modifications to Hero Lab, on the par of the magic item system in the Fantasy Companion. (Believe me, it was a LOT of work) Because of their basically open-ended cyberwear design system, it's really hard to duplicate properly. So, no official release is currently planned as far as I know.

zarlor January 9th, 2014 03:40 AM

According to their Kickstarter one of their bullet points is "Interface Zero support through Hero Labs", so apparently they have promised it, I just don't know who they might have to take care of it. That does sound pretty in-depth, so I wonder if they realize what they've gotten themselves into on that one! It's only just had public release this week so they are probably still working their way through all of the stuff they've promised and maybe they haven't gotten with Lone Wolf about it yet.

dartnet January 25th, 2014 09:35 AM

Updated the list.

Harliquinn February 2nd, 2014 03:55 PM

Is there an ETA on the Rippers Companion?

dartnet February 2nd, 2014 06:52 PM

April/May at the latest. Got a few data files that I want to finish first.

dartnet February 22nd, 2014 08:18 AM

Big series of updates.

Nostromos April 1st, 2014 11:51 AM

Encounter Builder?

Is anyone working on adding the creatures for any of the settings to setting files?

zarlor April 1st, 2014 01:07 PM

Dartnet: It might help if you include in your update notifications what it was that was updated. I forget too easily what was there before and what's been updated since. :/

Nostromos: Which files are missing creatures? All of the ones I've done should have them.

Nostromos April 1st, 2014 01:49 PM

I'm looking for them in the Hellfrost one. I may have an older file that doesn't have the creatures in it though. I also know CapedCrusader is pretty busy so he may not have gotten them added in yet.

zarlor April 1st, 2014 02:14 PM

Ah, yeah, that's one of of CapedCrusader's and he is pretty busy right now, that's for sure. You can try to PM him for his latest copy, but I'm pretty sure I have the latest and I don't see any creatures in that one, either.

Nostromos April 1st, 2014 02:26 PM

Kinda what i figured. I got one from him back in December/January I think so its probably the most updated. Might try to get some creatures added into it when I have the time (when I'm not adding campaign things into Realm Works and making maps).

Quick question for you though, when you've added them for your settings files, have you created custom creature types or just use the generics and tweak them? IE...dragon..do you create one for each type or just use dragon and somehow tweak it to different stats?

zarlor April 1st, 2014 02:56 PM

Depends on if there is something like what I need to add. So when doing Hydras for Weird Wars Rome, for example, I probably used a Hydra or Dragon or something just to give me something to work from. Other things I create from scratch, but I think most of the time I copy something, even if it's the monster I just created, just because I find it easier to work from a template, so to speak. It does mean I have to make sure and clean up the things I don't change, though.

Aardvark892 April 15th, 2014 03:08 PM

Please forgive a newbie to this forum with a question. I see that the Savage Worlds license is available for 20 bucks, and that the three separate companions are also available either alone or as a pack. What I don't understand is how I get the data to use for all the settings listed in this first post. Do these come with the basic Savage Worlds package, or are they all separate purchases. If so, where do I find them to purchase?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Tim

zarlor April 15th, 2014 03:45 PM

All of the settings in that post, except for the Companions, are available for free. The "Official" ones show up in the updater for Hero Lab and while you could technically download them without purchasing Savage Worlds they won't really work without having that. The "Unofficial" and "Fan Conversion" ones are available by sending a PM to the listed data author.

EricaOdd April 23rd, 2014 08:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Harliquinn (Post 175108)
Is there an ETA on the Rippers Companion?

Quote:

Originally Posted by dartnet (Post 175115)
April/May at the latest. Got a few data files that I want to finish first.

*Eagerly awaits the RC files, rubbing her hands together greedily...* :D

dartnet April 26th, 2014 06:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EricaOdd (Post 181435)
*Eagerly awaits the RC files, rubbing her hands together greedily...* :D

Quick update. Accursed is done! Just sent it off the the creators to see if they want it as ab official setting or not. Rippers is 90% done and should be out some time in May.

EricaOdd April 26th, 2014 07:10 AM

Awesome, thanks!

Arrgg May 15th, 2014 07:53 AM

Any news on Necessary Evil? Sorry if asked before.

zarlor May 15th, 2014 08:20 AM

I could give you NE, but it doesn't have much in it. Mostly you'd need the Super Powers Companion and just use the Super Powers from there, my data file (it's still in review) just adds a few NE specific things like some of the equipment and such. PM me if you'd like a copy of the "unofficial" version, though.

EricaOdd June 1st, 2014 07:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dartnet (Post 181693)
Quick update. Accursed is done! Just sent it off the the creators to see if they want it as ab official setting or not. Rippers is 90% done and should be out some time in May.

I hate to be a bother, but is there any update on the Rippers Companion stuff?

dartnet June 1st, 2014 11:49 AM

Taking a bit longer than expected. Almost done.

EricaOdd June 1st, 2014 02:00 PM

Thanks!

kevheath June 6th, 2014 10:58 AM

Ultimate Characters Guide

Are there any plans to add Mystical Throne Entertainment's Ultimate Characters Guide for Savage Worlds to Hero Lab?

Nevermind- Zarlor answered this elsewhere. I'll make a stab at doing the Edges and Hindrances from it myself.

zarlor June 24th, 2014 03:07 AM

FYI, I'll be working on East Texas University which recently finished its Kickstarter. It was originally a setting strictly by 12toMidnight but Pinnacle has, I believe, taken over as primary publisher and I've confirmed with Shane that this will fall under their purview for purposes of being able to publish the Hero Lab data file as an official Savage Setting. That also means it will need to go under the review process, however, and with both Super Powers Companion 2 and Sci-Fi Companion in the works it may be a while before it can get through all of that. I'll let folks know when I'm done, as usual, so you can at least get and unofficial, unreviewed copy early if you like.

SeeleyOne June 24th, 2014 03:07 PM

Good to know. I am one of the many backers of ETU. :)

CapedCrusader June 29th, 2014 10:59 AM

If we have reviews waiting, I should do those before I finish the Companion work. I've lost track, Lenny, do you have any reviews awaiting action, or have I cleared all of those?

zarlor June 29th, 2014 03:49 PM

The only ones I have left submitted for review are Evernight and Necessary Evil. The latter assumes the use of the Super Powers Companion and assumes the SPC Powers are the corrected version of those powers over the ones in the NE book. So it should be a fairly quick review because there isn't much in it. Plus it's asked for more often than Evernight is, from what I've seen, That's it for now, though. I'll be working on East Texas University but that will be at least a few weeks away and shouldn't really be released until Pinnacle offers the public release for sale anyway, I don't think.