Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=62)
-   -   Pathfinder Community Packs (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=51966)

ShadowChemosh February 6th, 2015 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dianae (Post 203173)
Error picked up

have Mythic GM Pack
3pp Pack
and Gestalt installed.

So did a test install and these three are living happily on a fresh install. So its the installer not correctly renaming all the files.

The quickest method is to follow FAQ#6 and uninstall all of the community addons. Then download and install them one more time. That so far has been the best way to fix any of these "duplicate Thing errors".

Mavrickindigo February 7th, 2015 06:09 AM

I can't find any of the community bestiary packs on the download list. What's going on?

Anyway I'm also not well versed in this website, can someone tell me where all the relevant places are? I'm using google to look up "community bestiary" each time I have a problem.

Maidhc O Casain February 7th, 2015 09:34 AM

I'm getting the following when I load up the Pathfinder files:

Quote:

Originally Posted by HeroLab
The data files could not be loaded due to errors. Hero Lab will now attempt to load them in recovery mode. Once loaded, you can access the editor as normal to correct any errors.

The following errors occurred:

File: COM_BasicPack_AP073 - The Worldwound Incursion.user (line 72) - Thing - Duplicate record encountered ('pAP73Wards')
File: COM_GMMythicPack_AP073 - The Worldwound Incursion.user (line 4) - Thing - Duplicate record encountered ('pAP73BrkLg')

ShadowChemosh February 7th, 2015 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mavrickindigo (Post 203192)
I can't find any of the community bestiary packs on the download list. What's going on?

Anyway I'm also not well versed in this website, can someone tell me where all the relevant places are? I'm using google to look up "community bestiary" each time I have a problem.

The Community Bestiary is gone and is now the "Pathfinder GM Pack" or "Pathfinder GM Mythic Pack". The main difference in which to load is if you have Mythic Adventures or not. Otherwise click the links above for all the information you are looking for.

ShadowChemosh February 7th, 2015 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mowgli (Post 203207)
I'm getting the following when I load up the Pathfinder files:

This once again is the the installer not correctly renaming all the files.

The quickest method is to follow FAQ#6 and uninstall all of the community addons. Then download and install them one more time. That so far has been the best way to fix any of these "duplicate Thing errors".

You could also do the install multiple times but its easier to remove and then add fresh.

padawanjedi February 8th, 2015 11:44 AM

ShadowChemosh, are these supposed to work with the iPad? Or should I have kept the iPad Super Pack?

bodrin February 8th, 2015 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by padawanjedi (Post 203310)
ShadowChemosh, are these supposed to work with the iPad? Or should I have kept the iPad Super Pack?

Load only one pack on the iPad.

I'm personally using the GM Mythic pack.

Fyi loading more than one pack seems to crash the app.

ShadowChemosh February 8th, 2015 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by padawanjedi (Post 203310)

Quote:

Originally Posted by bodrin (Post 203311)
Load only one pack on the iPad.

I'm personally using the GM Mythic pack.

Fyi loading more than one pack seems to crash the app.

Correct for right this second you can only load one of the Packs on to a iPad.

But GOOD NEWS! Colen got back to me and showed me my mistake I did that is causing the issue. Thanks Colen! So I am putting that fix into the packs even as I write this. So today (Sunday 2/8/2015) the new version of the Packs will be coming out and they then will live/work/play together on the iPad nicely.

So the old "iPad Super Pack" is no longer required/needed. :D

bodrin February 8th, 2015 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh (Post 203313)
Correct for right this second you can only load one of the Packs on to a iPad.

But GOOD NEWS! Colen got back to me and showed me my mistake I did that is causing the issue. Thanks Colen! So I am putting that fix into the packs even as I write this. So today (Sunday 2/8/2015) the new version of the Packs will be coming out and they then will live/work/play together on the iPad nicely.

So the old "iPad Super Pack" is no longer required/needed. :D

Whoop whoop :D:cool::D

Eklypse0 February 8th, 2015 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh (Post 203174)
So did a test install and these three are living happily on a fresh install. So its the installer not correctly renaming all the files.

How do you create a Gestalt character? I can't seem to ferret out the option.

I have the 3pp pack, GM Pack and Gestalt installed.

psych777 February 8th, 2015 04:59 PM

i don't seem to have gestalt on mine anymore...is it not included in the 3pp pack?
if i remember right you added gestalt and then selected 2 classes in dropdown boxes...there is a thread all about gestalt that i think had the directions

ShadowChemosh February 8th, 2015 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eklypse0 (Post 203333)
How do you create a Gestalt character? I can't seem to ferret out the option.

I have the 3pp pack, GM Pack and Gestalt installed.

See the first Post in the Gestalt Thread for information. Gestalt is still its very own special addon as it is not complete yet and is still in beta.

If you wish to make a Rogue/Fighter gestalt you would add one level of rogue then one level of fighter and then one level of gestalt. You switch to the "Gestalt" tab and on the level 1 "Class Picker" you select Fighter and Rogue. The best of your saves, BAB, skills, and HP are selected for you.

ShadowChemosh February 8th, 2015 08:44 PM

The following Packs have been updated. For details click the links:Summary of Changes
1) The Packs will now work correctly on the iPad now! So you can install multiple Packs if you need them.

2) Lots of new Psionics and Path of War features.

3) I tested loading the "3PP Pack" and the "GM Mythic Pack" on my iPad air and it worked perfectly! Those are the two biggest packs so if they are loading together we should be in the clear! :)

If you run into issues it maybe worth doing a "Fresh Clean Install" on Windows/Mac. For details see FAQ#6.

Techno February 8th, 2015 10:24 PM

Duplicate issue reported. Will try a fresh, clean install.

coyote6 February 9th, 2015 02:15 PM

One of my portfolios is giving me an error when I open it:

"Attempt to access non-live source pick 'tpCBArtInt' from script
Location: 'eval' script for Component 'BaseRace' (EvalScript '#17') near line 29
- - -
Attempt to access non-live source pick 'tpCBArtInt' from script
Location: 'eval' script for Component 'BaseRace' (EvalScript '#17') near line 29
- - -
Location: 'eval' script for Component 'BaseRace' (EvalScript '#17') near line 40
- - -
Location: 'eval' script for Component 'BaseRace' (EvalScript '#17') near line 40"

The "CB" makes me think it was something from the Community Bestiary, but I have no clue as to what. Any ideas?

Aaron February 9th, 2015 03:19 PM

tp means it is a type, and ArtInt suggests it might be an attempt to do something with Artificial Intelligences (perhaps part of the Iron Gods AP, as I know there are two which figure in that series).

ShadowChemosh February 9th, 2015 03:42 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Someone else emailed me this morning about it. And yep its a new Type for AI stuff for Iron Gods. It would appear this only comes up on monsters using the "Customize" option and only on load of saved .por file. It seems removing the "Source" from the new type solved the issue.

I have attached the fixed file to this post for now.

If you are not sure where a .user file goes start HL and go to "Tools->Explore Folders->Game System Data Folder" will open up the correct location. Then drop the attached file "PFRPG_Artificial Intelligences.user" into the folder and let it overwrite the existing file. Restart HL and see if the error goes away.

It will be a day or so before I have time to get a new release of the GM Pack out.

DMG February 9th, 2015 09:57 PM

Hi Guys,

I'm getting the following error when loading any of the War of the River Kings files from the 2nd Kingmaker community bestiary pack with just the GM Mythic Pack loaded:

Pick 'xDamRdCldM' has been orphaned due to missing thing in batch '596'.

I've just updated to the latest HL, GM Mythic & Kingmaker files.

Thanks,
Jim.

radionausea February 10th, 2015 03:25 AM

Bug report: Archetypes for Path of War are no longer changing the disciplines (Dervish Defender and Zweihand Sentinel). The add/remove discipline under permanent adjustments also no longer working.

ShadowChemosh February 10th, 2015 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DMG (Post 203423)
Hi Guys,

I'm getting the following error when loading any of the War of the River Kings files from the 2nd Kingmaker community bestiary pack with just the GM Mythic Pack loaded:

Thanks,
Jim.

That "Thing ID" is core as far as I know. I did notice something about "Hazards" are now in HL and saw all my old portfolios where tossing errors about Diseases/Poison now. So for example Dire Rats saved from before the last update all toss errors now. I wonder if this is related and they removed all the old Damage Reduction helpers.

Aaron/Mathias did this DR Pick get removed like Poisons/Diseases did?

ShadowChemosh February 10th, 2015 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by radionausea (Post 203430)
Bug report: Archetypes for Path of War are no longer changing the disciplines (Dervish Defender and Zweihand Sentinel). The add/remove discipline under permanent adjustments also no longer working.

The mechanic used to set disciplines was changed and looks like the these Archetypes where not updated to the new logic. Thanks we will get it fixed in the next update.

Mathias February 10th, 2015 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh (Post 203453)
That "Thing ID" is core as far as I know. I did notice something about "Hazards" are now in HL and saw all my old portfolios where tossing errors about Diseases/Poison now. So for example Dire Rats saved from before the last update all toss errors now. I wonder if this is related and they removed all the old Damage Reduction helpers.

Aaron/Mathias did this DR Pick get removed like Poisons/Diseases did?

I just did a search of the Pathfinder files, and I did not find xDamRdCldM.

(I don't think the poisons/diseases were removed from the files, just obsoleted and removed from the races - they were replaced with more generic poison/disease abilities).

ShadowChemosh February 10th, 2015 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mathias (Post 203459)
I just did a search of the Pathfinder files, and I did not find xDamRdCldM.

Thanks! I didn't have access at work to check and I thought community stuff was using "xx" in front. Must be a old thing...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mathias (Post 203459)
(I don't think the poisons/diseases were removed from the files, just obsoleted and removed from the races - they were replaced with more generic poison/disease abilities).

Well the "obsolete" is not working as all my monsters (ie .por) files I have created for the AP's are tossing errors about Diseases and Poisons. Saving the file again during a Prepare Distribution fixes it but it means hundreds of button presses as I have to tell HL "ok" I know and then tell it yes really save the file.

When you have close to 7gigs of files to do this to it adds up. Not including you know how often a "Dire Rat" shows up? Its in allot of adventures. :(

Colen February 10th, 2015 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh (Post 203463)
Well the "obsolete" is not working as all my monsters (ie .por) files I have created for the AP's are tossing errors about Diseases and Poisons. Saving the file again during a Prepare Distribution fixes it but it means hundreds of button presses as I have to tell HL "ok" I know and then tell it yes really save the file.

When you have close to 7gigs of files to do this to it adds up. Not including you know how often a "Dire Rat" shows up? Its in allot of adventures. :(

Can you give me an example of an error message you're getting with this?

Also, I assume you're using the Develop menu -> "Prepare Portfolios In Folder For Distribution" menu item to do this, right? And not manually preparing each portfolio, then opening the next one by hand?

DMG February 10th, 2015 02:39 PM

Looks like I found a good one for you! :)

I'm currently exporting the final part of War of the River Kings into d20Pro. Any ideas if this will affect that?

ShadowChemosh February 10th, 2015 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Colen (Post 203466)
Also, I assume you're using the Develop menu -> "Prepare Portfolios In Folder For Distribution" menu item to do this, right? And not manually preparing each portfolio, then opening the next one by hand?

I think I have a backup copy of the Iron Gods .por files I just fixed I can send you as an example (if not maybe Frumple does). The fact that it tosses an error is the whole reason I found out about about these "hazards" actually as I was like how can the disease not be present when I see it on the Dire Rat. Then I looked at Unique IDs and figured it out.

Also "yes" I use the "In Folder" option cause if I was doing "one" .por at a time I would tear my hair out! And its already falling out enough on its own. :eek:

But what happens is I get a message that says "raFilthDis" (running off memory so not sure that is the exact ID) is not found so then HL asks Do you wish to "Save, Cancel, Continue"? So you first have to say "OK" to the "raFilthDis" message and then have to hit Continue and trust me by the 50th time you done that you get cramps in your mouse hand. :(

ShadowChemosh February 10th, 2015 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DMG (Post 203469)
Looks like I found a good one for you! :)

Yea Thanks!

Quote:

Originally Posted by DMG (Post 203469)
I'm currently exporting the final part of War of the River Kings into d20Pro. Any ideas if this will affect that?

I don't think so. I think it is due to the change in the Unique ID actually. So the message is saying this DR is gone but I don't think it was really in use anyways.

If it was then it was replaced with the new Unique ID and so its more of a warning and FYI then a hard stop to the .por files.

DMG February 10th, 2015 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh (Post 203473)
I don't think so. I think it is due to the change in the Unique ID actually. So the message is saying this DR is gone but I don't think it was really in use anyways.

If it was then it was replaced with the new Unique ID and so its more of a warning and FYI then a hard stop to the .por files.

Great. Thanks for that.

hrs February 11th, 2015 04:04 AM

iPad issue
I have updated the last community packs on my iPad but I get a lot of duplicate errors

ShadowChemosh February 11th, 2015 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hrs (Post 203510)
iPad issue
I have updated the last community packs on my iPad but I get a lot of duplicate errors

I need the list of errors your getting. So please copy/paste them into the thread. I can't do anything without seeing the errors.

Second thing would be which Packs have you installed? The only two that would cause issues, cause you don't need both, is installing both the GM Pack and GM Mythic Pack. You do NOT need both. You need one or the other.

Eventually you will be able to install both if you feel like it but its just a waste of space. The Packs are meant to be 100% self-contained. So that if you need Mythic stuff you install just the GM Mythic Pack.

Colen February 11th, 2015 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh (Post 203471)
But what happens is I get a message that says "raFilthDis" (running off memory so not sure that is the exact ID) is not found so then HL asks Do you wish to "Save, Cancel, Continue"? So you first have to say "OK" to the "raFilthDis" message and then have to hit Continue and trust me by the 50th time you done that you get cramps in your mouse hand. :(

Just sent you a beta that should resolve this - please drop me an email if it doesn't work out for you.

Pappy February 11th, 2015 04:32 PM

Error after loading new packs

I am getting the following error message after updating to the latest version of HL and also updating the Community Packs to the latest version. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the community packs, but I can't seem to get rid of this message:

Critical information not found in data files: Source 'We Be Goblins!'
Critical information not found in data files: Source 'Paizo Modules'

Any help would be appreciated.

blzbob February 11th, 2015 06:16 PM

I'm getting this error after a clean install:

The data files could not be loaded due to errors. Hero Lab will now attempt to load them in recovery mode. Once loaded, you can access the editor as normal to correct any errors.

Source 'PZO9500_5' - Reference to non-existent parent source 'pPaizo'

ShadowChemosh February 11th, 2015 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pappy (Post 203537)
I am getting the following error message after updating to the latest version of HL and also updating the Community Packs to the latest version. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the community packs, but I can't seem to get rid of this message:

Critical information not found in data files: Source 'Paizo Modules'

Any help would be appreciated.

So "We be goblins" and Paizo Modules are in the new Packs. So maybe this is from a very old version?

If you have nothing missing off the characters the solution is easy. Open the character and go to "Portfolio->Strip Missing Sources".

ShadowChemosh February 11th, 2015 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blzbob (Post 203541)
I'm getting this error after a clean install:

Source 'PZO9500_5' - Reference to non-existent parent source 'pPaizo'

This is from a old version of We Be Goblins and I will have this fixed for others in the next update. Until then you need to delete the file "We_Be_Goblins.user" out of the data folder.

If you are not sure where a .user file goes start HL and go to "Tools->Explore Folders->Game System Data Folder" will open up the correct location.

ShadowChemosh February 11th, 2015 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DMG (Post 203423)
Hi Guys,

Thanks,
Jim.

So just FYI I did track this down and its the very old name for the "Damage Reduction, Cold Iron or Magic" Thing. All creatures use the new thingid.xxDamRdClM version so the above is just a warning. If you dirty the portfolio up and save it the message will go away.

ShadowChemosh February 11th, 2015 08:37 PM

On the FIRST post of this thread I put a link to the different Packs "issues" page which includes some of the future To-Do's also.

So if you know of a bug/issue and don't see it on those lists pretty good chance I don't know about it. :)

DMG February 12th, 2015 01:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh (Post 203545)
So just FYI I did track this down and its the very old name for the "Damage Reduction, Cold Iron or Magic" Thing. All creatures use the new thingid.xxDamRdClM version so the above is just a warning. If you dirty the portfolio up and save it the message will go away.

Thanks Shadow. I was planning on merging all of the files for the last chapter of War of the River Kings together tonight before doing a bulk export into d20Pro, so I'll give this a try.

Pappy February 12th, 2015 08:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh (Post 203543)
This is from a old version of We Be Goblins and I will have this fixed for others in the next update. Until then you need to delete the file "We_Be_Goblins.user" out of the data folder.

If you are not sure where a .user file goes start HL and go to "Tools->Explore Folders->Game System Data Folder" will open up the correct location.

Thank you very much for the help. I'll do as you suggest.

Manalishi66 February 12th, 2015 06:56 PM

Errors

Just upgraded HL and the following Path Campaign pack (3.5), Path 3pp pack (1.4) and Path GM pack (3.2). Had a clean install that worked, now I get the following errors......

Syntax error in 'eval' script for Thing 'cRomorMRk' (Eval Script '#1') on line 1
-> Non-existent thing 'cRogRumorm' used by script
Syntax error in 'eval' script for Thing 'rCBAshGian' (Eval Script '#1') on line 2
-> Non-existent thing 'raAshDisea' used by script
Syntax error in 'eval' script for Thing 'raAP86CurF' (Eval Script '#1') on line 4
-> Non-existent thing 'raXilPlane' used by script
Syntax error in 'eval' script for Thing 'rauWWChanS' (Eval Script '#1') on line 4
-> Non-existent thing 'raWinBreaW' used by script
Syntax error in 'pre-requisite rule' script for Thing 'tmAP80CadC' on line 1
-> Non-existent thing 'tmZomJuju' referenced by script
Syntax error in 'eval' script for Thing 'xRMnkFlrrB' (Eval Script '#2') on line 20
-> Non-existent thing 'fCripCrit' referenced by script