Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   HL - d20 System (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   Feat based on skill ranks (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=68305)

Spyderbane April 6th, 2024 12:25 PM

Feat based on skill ranks

I feel like I know this but I am missing it. How do I add a feat only if they have x amount of ranks for a class special

I.e., the Custom Ability needs 5 ranks of perform: Weapon Drill and they get two-Weapon fighting.

Dami April 6th, 2024 03:07 PM

The #skillranks macro checks if you have ranks in a particular skill. Use it with If/then to assign the feat.
eg: #skillranks(skXXXXX) >= 5

Spyderbane April 8th, 2024 12:11 PM

That's the issue. I am not sure how to add a feat within the eval script

Sendric April 8th, 2024 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spyderbane (Post 303110)
That's the issue. I am not sure how to add a feat within the eval script

Are you trying to bootstrap a feat to a custom ability if a character has the appropriate number of skillranks? If so, I think what you will have to do is bootstrap the feat with appropriate Disable tags (Helper.FtDisable is one I can think of) that you can remove if #skillranks proves true. Normally I would suggest using a bootstrap condition, but I think the number of skillranks can't be determined until later so this way the feat is there, but hidden until you unhide it because the character has hit the required skillranks.

Spyderbane April 8th, 2024 01:16 PM

Yes, I am trying to add a bootstrap a feat to a custom ability if a character has the appropriate number of skillranks. In the boot strap condition I have used 'hero#Helper.SpcDisable <>0' with Frist 500. It works to not add the feat but as you stated the it seems the number of skill ranks cannot be proven at this time.

if I change it to any other phase after first I get
Code:

condition phase/priority (anything that I have choosen that is not first) for bootstrap 'fWepFoc' occurs after earliest rule.script (First/10999)

Sendric April 8th, 2024 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spyderbane (Post 303112)
Yes, I am trying to add a bootstrap a feat to a custom ability if a character has the appropriate number of skillranks. In the boot strap condition I have used 'hero#Helper.SpcDisable <>0' with Frist 500. It works to not add the feat but as you stated the it seems the number of skill ranks cannot be proven at this time.

if I change it to any other phase after first I get
Code:

condition phase/priority (anything that I have choosen that is not first) for bootstrap 'fWepFoc' occurs after earliest rule.script (First/10999)

Yes. This is why I'm suggesting you don't use a condition on the bootstrap. Apply the disable tag on the bootstrapped thing, then use an eval script to remove the tag once the skillranks pre-req has been met.