Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   HL - D&D 5th Edition SRD (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=89)
-   -   This time I really am stuck...Free Memorization Spell (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=64671)

Enforcer84 August 16th, 2020 05:52 PM

This time I really am stuck...Free Memorization Spell

So I'm adding a few items from Griffen's Saddlebag and the first one...literally the first item in the book...

"if the character knows this wizard spell they can have it prepared for free and it doesn't count towards their daily total of prepared spells."

So...

I'd be looking for a eval script that checks his spellbook (tSplBkExpr?) for the spell, then if the spell is in the book then it gets added to his prepared list

I'm assuming it's possible to check the spellbook but I may be wrong.

dungeonguru August 17th, 2020 04:14 AM

I think one method to try would be to have a script along the lines of:

Code:

foreach pick in hero from BaseSpell where "thingid.ofspell"

perform eachpick.pushtags[Helper.Free]

nexteach

replace thingid.ofspell with some unique tag on the wizard spell. E.G. thingid.spAcidArro for acid arrow.

I'm thinking that all you need is the tag Helper.Free to remove it from the slot calculations. By looking at the Cleric Domain spells, they just have two tags that make them free and memorized. (Helper.Free and Helper.Memorized).

The script above just assumes the spell has been added to the character somehow, so you might want to look at extending the where clause to nail down that it's not a racial spell or item spell.

where "thingid.ofspell" AND !"Helper.ItemSpell"

The ! means NOT, I'm not sure if it needs to be in the quotes (") or not though.

RavenX August 18th, 2020 12:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dungeonguru (Post 290380)
I think one method to try would be to have a script along the lines of:

Code:

foreach pick in hero from BaseSpell where "thingid.ofspell"

perform eachpick.pushtags[Helper.Free]

nexteach

replace thingid.ofspell with some unique tag on the wizard spell. E.G. thingid.spAcidArro for acid arrow.

I'm thinking that all you need is the tag Helper.Free to remove it from the slot calculations. By looking at the Cleric Domain spells, they just have two tags that make them free and memorized. (Helper.Free and Helper.Memorized).

The script above just assumes the spell has been added to the character somehow, so you might want to look at extending the where clause to nail down that it's not a racial spell or item spell.

where "thingid.ofspell" AND !"Helper.ItemSpell"

The ! means NOT, I'm not sure if it needs to be in the quotes (") or not though.

Try this
Code:

perform hero.childfound[thingid].assign[the tag]
but limit it to the correct class helper. I think you can do this one without running a foreach loop.

Enforcer84 August 18th, 2020 07:43 PM

Will give these things a try.