Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=62)
-   -   Racial Ethnicities (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=45501)

insaneurge August 24th, 2013 06:03 PM

Racial Ethnicities

Hi, I am trying to create racial ethnicities for my homeworld campaign for a number of different races, and want to be able to use them with the Inner Sea World Guide being disabled. Is there a way to enable this? Is there a way to used ethnicities with other races such as gnomes, halflings, etc?

dartnet August 24th, 2013 06:49 PM

Yes. I don't have access to HL ATM to give you an example but yes.

RavenX August 24th, 2013 08:10 PM

Ethnicities are custom abilities added to a race. You create the ethnicities in R Cust Special I think. You want to enable the custom ability on the race tab in the editor to set this up.

insaneurge August 24th, 2013 08:19 PM

You do create them under the R Cust Special in the editor, that I knew. I was just wondering how to get the ethnicity option to appear under the background tab without having the inner sea world guide enabled. I would prefer only my custom ethnicities to show up, not my custom ethnicities along with those from golarion.

ShadowChemosh August 25th, 2013 08:31 AM

You have to run a script that will increase the allowed number of Custom Racial Abilities by one on the races. This is actually a script that currently runs on like Humans and stuff.

For Razor Coast I created a Mechanic set to the "Razor Coast" source with the following script:
First/10000
Code:

~ If not human get out now
      doneif (#hasrace[rHuman] = 0)

~set our focus to the hero's race
      perform hero.findchild[BaseRace].setfocus
      doneif (state.isfocus = 0)
      ~ Give one Ethnicity
      focus.field[rGiveSpec].value = 1
      perform focus.assign[Helper.OptCustom]
      focus.field[rSpecName].text = "Ethnicities"

So now when the Razor Coast source is selected we give humans one Ethnicity to choose from. If you have other races you would need to modify the doneif line to include the other races. In example lets say you wanted to allow Elves to pick an Ethnicties also:
Code:

~ If not human or Elf get out now
      doneif (#hasrace[rHuman] + #hasrace[rElf] = 0)

insaneurge August 25th, 2013 11:37 AM

Hey ShadowChemosh. I tried creating a new mechanic for my game world and used your script, but I'm still not seeing an ethnicity box show up.

ShadowChemosh August 25th, 2013 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by insaneurge (Post 164148)
Hey ShadowChemosh. I tried creating a new mechanic for my game world and used your script, but I'm still not seeing an ethnicity box show up.

To get a mechanic to work you have to do a reload of the game system. Did you do that?

Did you get any error messages? Did you set the script to run at first 10000? The current script only works for a human. Is that what your testing with?

Just asking some questions because I know the above works.

insaneurge August 25th, 2013 12:36 PM

I didn't reload it. My mistake. I wasn't getting any error messages though.

Just tried it, and it worked perfectly.

ShadowChemosh August 25th, 2013 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by insaneurge (Post 164158)
I didn't reload it. My mistake. I wasn't getting any error messages though.

Just tried it, and it worked perfectly.

Great! I didn't actually think about it myself until you said it didn't work. Then I remembered that a reload is required to get the Mechanic to activate. My bad. :(

All good now though. :)

talsharien October 19th, 2013 08:45 AM

Just followed this advice for my custom campaign, thanks works like a dream.