Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   HL - World of Darkness (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=52)
-   -   Mage the Ascension (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=19529)

Silverwulfe February 20th, 2012 01:18 PM

Mage the Ascension

Because I can't tell from the Hero Lab's section or in the forums, is Mage the Ascension included in the core modules for World of Darkness (or even Mage the Awakening)? If not in the core, is it available for purchase and download if I have the core?
Sorry if this has been addressed, but I wasn't seeing it easily. I really would like to use this product, but if it only has Vampire and Changeling it is of little to no use to me. Especially since I am needing to generate character sheets for a new game and was hoping to avoid doing it by hand and updating by hand every time for all of the involved characters.
Thanks,

Silverwulfe

ynnswa February 24th, 2012 01:45 PM

It does not include Mage. It does include Vampire (with Ghouls), Changeling (with Fae-Touched), and Mortals and Ghosts from the World of Darkness main book.

Hope that helps.

DthShdw February 24th, 2012 05:24 PM

And it's for nWoD, not oWoD, specifically.

exalted February 4th, 2018 10:05 PM

They need to fix that and create Mage including oWoD. nWoD is terrible.

RavenX February 9th, 2018 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by exalted (Post 262668)
They need to fix that and create Mage including oWoD. nWoD is terrible.

It is out of their hands. They do not possess a license to do the work, nor is the system your asking for one that comes with an "Open Game License". Without being OGL, they cannot release it even if they have it done. Licensing is required.

I am considering doing a werewolf: the apocalypse file for myself but it would not be inclusive of every old world of darkness system nor edition. I only have a core rulebook for third edition and I'm not even sure if that's the standard for the system under the 20th anniversary tome.

RavenX February 9th, 2018 05:33 PM

I will admit that the ascension might be easier to make though considering it was a "spell-less" system and mostly improv casting.

RavenX February 11th, 2018 03:03 PM

It took me all of four hours to get the basic mechanics for Werewolf: the Apocalypse coded. I already have the attributes, abilities, backgrounds, gifts, breeds, auspices, and tribe mechanics working. Thats roughly halfway through the game system. Its bare bones right now but the simplicity of oWoD is nice.

I'm not adding nice to have features on this until the core mechanics are done but this is a lot simpler than Exalted.

RavenX February 21st, 2018 03:30 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Here's a couple character sheets, I am not done with the data yet but this is how far I've gotten with Werewolf: The Apocalypse since I posted I was considering coding it. Keep in mind I am NOT adding the data at this time, I am just building a functional framework to support the system. Data implementation will be the last step once I get the basic necessities finished for the various elements of PC and NPC creation.

RavenX February 22nd, 2018 03:00 PM

I got the XP advances in last night, my to-do list on werewolf is mostly done now. I think adding Mage and Vampire will be simply a matter of modifying the data slightly. I think the 20th anniversary books standardized a lot of material accross the systems, which will make my coding a lot simpler.

jbearwillis February 22nd, 2018 03:34 PM

Looking Good RavenX