Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   Hero Lab Discussion (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   Netbooks (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=9491)

flamepulse November 27th, 2009 03:57 PM

Netbooks

So any chance of getting the program to be able to work on netbooks with 1024x576 resolution? Just bought an HP mini and thats the highest rez it goes to. Would love to be able to load it on it.

rob November 27th, 2009 04:08 PM

We added this to our todo list a few weeks ago, but I'm not sure if we can reasonably solve it. We're definitely going to look into it.

Since the Windows standard for more than a decade has been 800x600 resolution or larger, we designed HL and the visual layouts with this assumption in mind. Now HP decides to do something silly - and wholly unnecessary - that breaks this standard.

We'll be looking at it soon, but no promises regarding a solution....

Colen November 30th, 2009 10:12 AM

I've checked in a fix, so I believe this will be resolved in the next version (though not having a netbook, I can't really test it). The minimum resolution for Hero Lab should now be 800x550, although we still recommend you go more than 600 pixels high - at 576 pixels high some detail might be clipped at the bottom of the screen.

flamepulse November 30th, 2009 05:58 PM

awsome, i did find a workaround to dorce my scfreen to go to a different rez, bit of a hassle but works for now

flamepulse December 2nd, 2009 07:22 AM

so i found the work around in xp to fix the problem. Ive been using vista and 7 since they came out and realized how much xp sucks and couldnt stand usind xp anylonger so i upgraded to 7. now the workaround doesnt work.

flamepulse December 21st, 2009 01:59 PM

anyword on when the next updaqte is gonna hit? impatiently waiting to be able to use the program again

rob December 23rd, 2009 10:20 PM

Sometime early next year, but I can't give you anything more definite than that right now. The timing really depends on a bunch of factors that are indeterminate at the moment.

flamepulse February 24th, 2010 10:55 PM

anyword on when the update for HL and netbook compatability is?

darkmaer February 25th, 2010 03:26 PM

Yeah I bought the program specifically to start going electronic and being laptops are too big imho for the table I was hoping for it to work on netbooks. Granted it does work on my netbook but a lot of info gets cut off. It would be nice if we could get a horizontal scroll bar so we can see all of our stats. As of right now i only get the big section of whatever tab i'm on and only 4 columns of info. It would be nice to get the full app without limitations.

I'm running a 1005hab Eee pc windows 7starter at 1024x600

flamepulse February 25th, 2010 07:28 PM

your lucky, i have an HP that can only do 1024x576, HL wont even load for me.