Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=62)
-   -   Pathfinder Community Packs (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=51966)

blzbob October 16th, 2016 08:17 PM

I emailed it to you, Shadow.

Amatyr October 17th, 2016 01:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh (Post 236282)
There is not a specific "Race vs Class" ability adjustment. Instead HL sees Race and Class special Abilities as just "Ability: Uses/Period". Give that try.

Unfortunately, Ability: Uses/Period doesn't list the Racial Point Spell-like Abilities as options in the dropdown.

Sarelth October 17th, 2016 08:24 AM

If I want to use the 3rd edition conversions from the ShadowD20 files on my Ipad, do I need anything from the Community pack to have the same list as on my PC version?

ShadowChemosh October 17th, 2016 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sarelth (Post 236306)
If I want to use the 3rd edition conversions from the ShadowD20 files on my Ipad, do I need anything from the Community pack to have the same list as on my PC version?

My personal house rules file (Shadow d20) is not meant to co-exist with the community pack.

As your not one of my players I advise you to NOT load my house rule shadow d20 HL file. It is not meant for the public and as such I give no support unless your actually in my group. :(

DeltaMasterMind October 29th, 2016 09:25 AM

@ShadowChemosh

Is the DSP - Ultimate Psionics part of the community pack? I tried reporting a bug about the weapon enhancement Parrying. They said they have nothing to do with it, but at the time I thought was part of a package I purchase. If so the error brings up gIsEquip for thing ipPUParry in the eval script #3. Doesn't seem to hurt anything so its minor, but I hope this is the right spot for this post. Thanks for reading.

ShadowChemosh October 29th, 2016 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeltaMasterMind (Post 236935)
@ShadowChemosh

Is the DSP - Ultimate Psionics part of the community pack? I tried reporting a bug about the weapon enhancement Parrying. They said they have nothing to do with it, but at the time I thought was part of a package I purchase. If so the error brings up gIsEquip for thing ipPUParry in the eval script #3. Doesn't seem to hurt anything so its minor, but I hope this is the right spot for this post. Thanks for reading.

Yep. Why when in Configure Your Hero window it displays as a child of the "Community Pack". :)

Ok I was able to duplicate this problem. I have added it as issue#73.

As a work around for now. If you go to Develop menu and turn OFF "Enable Data File Debugging" the error will not display. You can do this to prevent the message from popping up while trying to play the character.

Slater Rockfist October 29th, 2016 09:48 AM

I miss the numerian leaf armor from gallery of evil-adventure in the pack - or how is it named?

ShadowChemosh October 30th, 2016 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slater Rockfist (Post 236943)
I miss the numerian leaf armor from gallery of evil-adventure in the pack - or how is it named?

My take of why this armor was left out as it exists in Pathfinder rules as "Leaf Armor" from the Inner Sea World Guide. The stats are just "slightly" different.

I went ahead and added it in for the next release. Thanks! :)

archer November 6th, 2016 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quintain (Post 232951)
Getting a conflict with the Horror Adventures release and whats currently in GitHub:

The data files could not be loaded due to errors. Hero Lab will now attempt to load them in recovery mode. Once loaded, you can access the editor as normal to correct any errors.

The following errors occurred:

Syntax error in 'eval' script for Thing 'cMPCHPsBd' (Eval Script '#1') on line 1
-> Tag 'WepProf.wMPCHPsBd' not defined
Syntax error in 'eval' script for Thing 'rcMPDPHamm' (Eval Script '#3') on line 1
-> Tag 'WepProf.wMPDPHamer' not defined
Syntax error in 'eval' script for Thing 'rcMPGrBioW' (Eval Script '#2') on line 1
-> Tag 'WepProf.wMPABioWGr' not defined
Syntax error in 'eval' script for Thing 'rcMPLBioWp' (Eval Script '#3') on line 1
-> Tag 'WepProf.wMPABioWLs' not defined

I've been consistently getting these errors as well, but I don't think it's associated with the horror update. I'm unsure what's causing it, but I don't know how to make it go away.

ShadowChemosh November 6th, 2016 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by archer (Post 237428)
I've been consistently getting these errors as well, but I don't think it's associated with the horror update. I'm unsure what's causing it, but I don't know how to make it go away.

You update your Community Pack to the latest version. :) Make sure when you update HL or Pathfinder that you update your community Pack.

Going to "assume" you did a reinstall of HL to "fix" issues and this caused you to no longer have a Secondary URL setup. Go to the first POST of this thread. Re-enter the URL and download and install Pathfinder Pack (v1.4).

ShadowChemosh November 25th, 2016 02:04 PM

The release of the new "Pathfinder Pack" version 1.5 is out!

v1.5 November 25, 2016

Bug Fixes
  • Path of War Adjustments (ShadowChemosh) - Fixed text on "Initiator Level" to be correct.
  • Gallery of Evil module (ShadowChemosh) - Added in the missing "Numerian Leaf Armor" item that has slightly different rules than the Pathfinder version of Leaf armor.
  • Path of War Expanded (ShadowChemosh) - Fixed #68. When using the Hidden Blade archetype and a normal Rogue (ie not Unchained Rogue) HL would toss an error.
  • Ultimate Psionics (ShadowChemosh) - Fixed #73. Fixed item powers Parrying, Floating & Quickness to correctly check for if they are equipped or not. This will also prevent the error message from appearing for these item powers.
  • ShadowChemosh Classes (ShadowChemosh) - Fixed #64. Adjusted "Superstition" rage power logic based on LW changes to the core Superstition rage power. The bonus will no longer be doubled.
  • Ultimate Psionics (ShadowChemosh) - Issue #63. Wild Talent feat and Unlocked Talent feat where not getting Power Points and powers to print on the character sheet. Sent email to LW with question about how to cause Powers/Power Points to appear on printed character sheet. As a work around for now I have added logic that will cause the "Wild Talent" feat to display a number/day tracker to the printed character sheet only to represent the characters total power points. In addition the unlocked talent will modify the first non-manifester class it finds when "printing". This allows the information to get to the printed character sheet. Those not printing characters sheets should see no difference.
  • Ultimate Psionics (ShadowChemosh) - Issue #57. Psionic Archetypes that switch the manifester ability score are getting the ability score instead of modifier added to the DC of Powers. I have reported this bug to LW and hopefully it is fixed. This was reported with the Dread class using the Fearmonger archetype. LW ticket number 110317.
  • Ultimate Psionics (ShadowChemosh) - Fixed #16 Prc Psychic Fist. The Psychic Fist PrC now allows a selection of either manifesting powers or increasing your existing manifesting class. Blah it took WAY too many hours to get this to work correctly... =(
  • Ultimate Psionics (ShadowChemosh) - Fixed #9. Aegis Aberrant Archetype was giving incorrect natural armor bonus as the character levels. The max at level 20 is now +5.
  • Path of War (ShadowChemosh) - Fixed #12. The following archetypes would prevent adding disciplines after removing them: Warlord: Vanguard Commander; Warlord: Steelfist Commando; Warder: Dervish Defender.
  • Path of War (ShadowChemosh) - Updated the Advanced Study feat to note that it does not currently allow for selecting a discipline outside your allowed ones. Just didn't have the extra time required to fully fix this issue.
  • ShadowChemosh Adjustments (ShadowChemosh) - Adjustment "Race, Size Category" was not source marked to the community.
New Features
  • Ultimate Psionics (delawless) - Added new Dual Disciple archetype for the Psion class.
  • Warpriest Archetypes Unchained (ShadowChemosh) - Added a new "Sacred Fist Unchained" archetype for the Warpriest. This archetype uses the Unchained Monk Flurry of Blow rules instead of the normal chained monk FoB rules.
  • ShadowChemosh Adjustments (ShadowChemosh) - For concentration skills added the situational note for the the elven ART Arcane Focus. For concentration:magus skill added situational notes about Spell Combat.
  • ShadowChemosh Adjustments (ShadowChemosh) - Added new Conferred Adjustment called "Magus: Spell Combat". When added will have a new In-Play option appear that lets you you set the penalty to attack and turn on/off Spell Combat. When on the correct Concentration bonus will be calculated, attack penalty applied if you set the counter, and will also correctly adjust the the Attack Values for a Weapon and the "Touch Attack" weapon when set as TWF on the Weapon tab.
  • ShadowChemosh Adjustments (ShadowChemosh) - Issue #71. Added new adjustment "Race, Custom Ability". That will add a generic racial ability to a creature and let you give it a unique name and a description text up to 100 characters.
  • ShadowChemosh Adjustments (ShadowChemosh) - Implemented Request #72. Added new "Awaken (Vermin)" spell adjustment designed to allow the awakening of a vermin. This version of Awaken opens up the Int ability score and sets it to a value of 1. This is often requested because of the "Vermin Heart" feat. This is not allowed for PFS.
Data File Authoring
  • Eberron Campaign Setting (ShadowChemosh) - Made most Eberron tag groups to be Dynanmic in the .1st file. This allows home editors to add new tags without needing to modify the .1st file which is bad. As the .1st file gets overwritten each update and any modifications would get lost.
  • Eberron Campaign Setting (ShadowChemosh) - Added a place holder for Mark of Death. I didn't add any abilities but left the frame work in place allowing GM's to easily add in the abilities if they wish for home games.
  • Eberron Campaign Setting (ShadowChemosh) - Changed the Custom Expression on "Least Dragonmark" to NOT use Thingid.? tags and instead use Dragonmark.Tab to include the Marks. This allows an easier way for someone to add in New marks if they wish.
  • (ShadowChemosh) - Found lots of left over "debug" statements in the files. Removed them as they just cause unneeded overhead.

Aaron November 25th, 2016 02:49 PM

Congrats!

blzbob November 27th, 2016 09:38 PM

You do so much work to keep this going so well! Thanks.

Any more work done on finishing the Talented Monk? I just can't get it to work right when I do it.

ShadowChemosh November 28th, 2016 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blzbob (Post 238845)
You do so much work to keep this going so well! Thanks.

Thank you!

Quote:

Originally Posted by blzbob (Post 238845)
Any more work done on finishing the Talented Monk? I just can't get it to work right when I do it.

No sorry. I was trying to focus on allot of the outstanding "bugs" in the pack. Some of them been tossing errors at people for over 6 months. I feel really bad about that but I only just had sometime because of Thanksgiving holiday. :)

Lets see how the "Christmas" holiday goes.....

blzbob November 29th, 2016 09:31 PM

Don't feel bad! You are doing this out of the kindness of your heart and love for the game. I would help, but I just can't seem to figure it out. I had a brain injury last year and some things have gotten harder for me, this is one of them. I still have my patience though. Don't rush on my account.

Wageslave December 1st, 2016 08:24 AM

Player Companion Numbering...

Greetings!

I'm attempting to figure out which data package has the Player Companion 'Blood of Beasts' in it (so I'm not buying the wrong one) but the product descriptions are only numeric.

Is there a break-down somewhere on the site with the different numbers?

Thank you very much for your time in advance!

Minous December 1st, 2016 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wageslave (Post 239002)
Greetings!

I'm attempting to figure out which data package has the Player Companion 'Blood of Beasts' in it (so I'm not buying the wrong one) but the product descriptions are only numeric.

Is there a break-down somewhere on the site with the different numbers?

Thank you very much for your time in advance!

The packages are fairly detailed
Pathfinder RPG Player Companion #24
Includes content from the Haunted Heroes Handbook, Divine Anthology, and Blood of the Beast

The full listing of packages and what they contain is at https://www.lonewolfdevel.com/user/addons.asp

Anderlorn December 2nd, 2016 06:57 AM

Hey all, I see a bug with Stalker Vigilante - Combat Insight REF/INIT is supposed to be INT based in the Vigilante archetype. In fact, all class features that were Wisdom with base PoW Stalker are now Int based in PoW Stalker Vigilante archetype. I double checked Path of War Expanded last night to verify.

If this has already been reported, please disregard and currently using Adjustments to get around the bug.

Thank you!

ShadowChemosh December 2nd, 2016 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anderlorn (Post 239063)
Hey all, I see a bug with Stalker Vigilante - Combat Insight REF/INIT is supposed to be INT based in the Vigilante archetype. In fact, all class features that were Wisdom with base PoW Stalker are now Int based in PoW Stalker Vigilante archetype. I double checked Path of War Expanded last night to verify.

If this has already been reported, please disregard and currently using Adjustments to get around the bug.

Thank you!

Thanks for the bug report. It has been added as issue#76.

Anderlorn December 2nd, 2016 10:32 AM

Thank you! I will report requests and bugs there from now on. I already have account there for another couple of projects I was following.

ShadowChemosh December 2nd, 2016 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anderlorn (Post 239069)
Thank you! I will report requests and bugs there from now on. I already have account there for another couple of projects I was following.

Great. That works out nice as you will get any feedback then and know when we fix it. :)

Zaknaefin December 4th, 2016 10:30 AM

There had been a previous post mentioning an issue #80 (in relation to the Ultimate Psionics items), but I cannot find an issue #80 (either closed or open) on GitHub, am I missing something?

ShadowChemosh December 4th, 2016 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zaknaefin (Post 239158)
There had been a previous post mentioning an issue #80 (in relation to the Ultimate Psionics items), but I cannot find an issue #80 (either closed or open) on GitHub, am I missing something?

That could have been referencing an issue back when the Pack(s) was still separate downloads and separate GitHub repositories. When I merged together I only moved move the 'open' issues to the Pathfinder Pack. I didn't bring over all the history. :(

Basically if you having an issue let me know and we can see what needs to be done "now" to fix the issue. :)

Enforcer84 December 4th, 2016 04:13 PM

Hey Shadow, I got a notification regarding RGG's Krazy Gragnar's Black Market Magic Items, specifically the Alluring Armor feature.

http://i.imgur.com/g5tc07U.png

looks like it's checking to see that it's being worn.

Zaknaefin December 4th, 2016 05:13 PM

I opened an issue (#78) on GitHub with the issues.

Quote:

The Armored Blade, Deadly Fist, Feral Heart, and Shielded Blade Soulknife Archetypes are all in the pack, but they are all in-progress with notes about not being fully implemented yet.

Also, there are no alternate favored class bonuses for the core races for Soulknives and the psionic races just have the +1 power point option (beyond the standard 1 hp or 1 skill point).

ShadowChemosh December 5th, 2016 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Enforcer84 (Post 239178)
Hey Shadow, I got a notification regarding RGG's Krazy Gragnar's Black Market Magic Items, specifically the Alluring Armor feature.

http://i.imgur.com/g5tc07U.png

looks like it's checking to see that it's being worn.

Thanks for the bug report!

Actually its use script logic from an Adjustment but its a Item Power which has no understanding of a field called pIsOn. :(

If you turn off the debugging tools you won't get the pop up every time you change something.

I have added this as issue#79.

ShadowChemosh December 5th, 2016 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zaknaefin (Post 239181)
I opened an issue (#78) on GitHub with the issues.

Thanks! You don't actually need to report in both places. Here on the forums or at GitHub is good. :D

Zaknaefin December 6th, 2016 05:37 PM

Ok, I will not double post. I am just a completion-ist :p

Arjon Smithson December 7th, 2016 11:08 AM

Two Way of the Wicked Player questions

I'm fairly new to both HL and the Community Pack, and just trying to get my head around things. ShadowChemosh will be getting sick of me asking newbie questions.

Page 89 of Knot of Thorns gives characters a +2 skill bonus per level.
and page 91-93 has a bunch of Crimes of the Forsaken that give various benefits.
My questions are have these been included in the community pack material, or do I need to create them individually? And if included, where do I find them in the program?

Thank you to everyone that has built such a wonderful community resource.

khaoz December 8th, 2016 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arjon Smithson (Post 239309)
Two Way of the Wicked Player questions

I'm fairly new to both HL and the Community Pack, and just trying to get my head around things. ShadowChemosh will be getting sick of me asking newbie questions.

I did this adding a Personal Adjustment of +2 Skill Points/Level per class of the PC

Quote:

and page 91-93 has a bunch of Crimes of the Forsaken that give various benefits.

This are actually in the Traits, as Crimes, you could search for "Category: Crimes" or "Way of the Wicked" and if I remember correctly, the Crimes won't cost you one Trait slot.

ShadowChemosh December 8th, 2016 08:35 PM

Quote:

As khaoz said. Go the "Personal" tab in HL and put in the adjustment "Skill Points/Level".

Quote:

My questions are have these been included in the community pack material, or do I need to create them individually? And if included, where do I find them in the program?

Open your character. Press "CTRL-K" to open the "Configure Your Hero" window. Make sure "Way of the Wicked" is check marked. Then go to the "Feats" tab and add a new 'Trait' and at the very top type in "Way of the Wicked" to see all the traits that can be taken.

Hope that helps. :)

Arjon Smithson December 9th, 2016 07:15 PM

Thank for that, both of you ;)
I have both of my questions fixed for my character now.

Quote:

Originally Posted by khaoz (Post 239364)
This are actually in the Traits, as Crimes, you could search for "Category: Crimes" or "Way of the Wicked" and if I remember correctly, the Crimes won't cost you one Trait slot.

The Crimes do charge a trait slot, but I just fixed this with an additional trait 'personal adjustment'.

Ualaa December 9th, 2016 10:12 PM

Generally, for a campaign, I make a template.

Pretty much take a base/blank new hero.
Enable/disable sources to taste.

Put in things like extra skill points, additional traits, flaws, hero points whatever...
Set the point buy, starting gold.

Basically everything is set, to what the starting character will have, prior to picking things like attributes, race, class, feats, etc.

Then I just import the 'Template' within whatever campaign folder we're using (I have a folder for each campaign).
The new character has the correct adjustments already in place, without needing to tinker about on a per character basis.

ShadowChemosh December 10th, 2016 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arjon Smithson (Post 239407)
The Crimes do charge a trait slot, but I just fixed this with an additional trait 'personal adjustment'.

If "Crime" traits are not suppose to cost a trait thats a bug I should fix. I guess I missed that in the book. Sorry!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ualaa (Post 239411)
Generally, for a campaign, I make a template

This is what I do for all my campaigns also. I then distribute this Template.por file with my shadow d20 data set to my players. They can then start from a character that has all the options correctly set for that campaign. :)

Arjon Smithson December 10th, 2016 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh (Post 239422)
If "Crime" traits are not suppose to cost a trait thats a bug I should fix. I guess I missed that in the book. Sorry!

Don't apologise for missing a small issue in the huge task you have done. I take my hat off to you and all the others that have done this enormous job over the years, :D and you got paid so much for it. ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh (Post 239422)
This is what I do for all my campaigns also. I then distribute this Template.por file with my shadow d20 data set to my players. They can then start from a character that has all the options correctly set for that campaign. :)

Thanks Ualaa, for the idea. Just getting comfortable with the program at this stage and converting my existing characters over, but I can see how efficient that would be next time we start a game.

ShadowChemosh December 11th, 2016 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arjon Smithson (Post 239447)
Don't apologise for missing a small issue in the huge task you have done. I take my hat off to you and all the others that have done this enormous job over the years, :D and you got paid so much for it. ;)

So I am reading over the first pdf of the WotW. It says:

Quote:

Originally Posted by WotW Knot of Thorns pg90
Further, every character must choose a crime that landed in them in Branderscar. They were not wrongly imprisoned -- they are guilty of their charge. If you are using the trait system in the Advanced Player’s Guide, choosing this crime counts as one of your traits.

Is my PDF out of date or something? Or where does it say that crime traits don't count against your 2 traits?

I just want to make a note of it in the ticket so that I can point others to it if I get asked. But I can't find it....

Ualaa December 11th, 2016 12:46 PM

My copy is the same as yours... well the 'Paths to Wickedness: How to Make a Villain' is near the end of the document (page 88, onwards), but has the exact wording you quoted.

Arjon Smithson December 11th, 2016 07:23 PM

<Rereads his book and shakes his head>

Both you gentleman are correct. Myself and 3 other players had managed to read this incorrectly, and there was ShadowChemosh apologising for a bug that wasn't.

I am sorry - Thank you both for your help (and I did learn a lot more about efficient ways to use HeroLab during the process).

Krothos December 11th, 2016 07:58 PM

Hi Shadow, I submitted a bug report to LW regarding 2-Handed Fighter's Overhand Chop and Backswing abilities. I letting you know that you should make the same adjustment in your Community Pack. It appears that the benefit for these 2 abilities are added together, when they shouldn't since Overhand Chop should be only for a single-attack actions (2x Str bonus only on 1st attack) and Backswing only for full-attack actions (2x Str bonus on 2nd and subsequent attacks). Further, it seems that this ability is not available as an adjustment unless Community Pack adjustments are loaded. Maybe a meeting of the minds between yourself and LW? :)

ShadowChemosh December 11th, 2016 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Krothos (Post 239503)
Hi Shadow, I submitted a bug report to LW regarding 2-Handed Fighter's Overhand Chop and Backswing abilities. I letting you know that you should make the same adjustment in your Community Pack. It appears that the benefit for these 2 abilities are added together, when they shouldn't since Overhand Chop should be only for a single-attack actions (2x Str bonus only on 1st attack) and Backswing only for full-attack actions (2x Str bonus on 2nd and subsequent attacks).

Guess I am going to need more information. I just tried out the adjustment and it seems to be working fine.

Is your issue that I made the adjustment "one" thing instead of two? Cause making it be two different activations for Overhand/Backswing seems pointless. From the point of view of HL they do the exact same thing.

HL has no way of understanding Full-Round vs Standard Action. So I see no use in making two different activation when the script logic is "exactly" the same which is 2x Str damage instead of 1.5x Str. Its up to the player to know if they are making a Full-Attack or a Standard Action attack. Which really only seems to matter at level 6. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Krothos (Post 239503)
Further, it seems that this ability is not available as an adjustment unless Community Pack adjustments are loaded. Maybe a meeting of the minds between yourself and LW? :)

Sense I made the adjustment to help out the community it makes perfect sense that it only exists in the community Pack. I am totally lost on what your trying to say here?