Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   Realm Works Discussion (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=67)
-   -   Realm Works Output Formatter (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=59981)

kbs666 January 21st, 2018 01:07 PM

I'm reluctant to run it on either of my active realms. They're both far too large to bother with as a single HTML page. I'd much rather the output, if it is to be HTML, be a folder with one file per topic.

EightBitz January 21st, 2018 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kbs666 (Post 261778)
I'm reluctant to run it on either of my active realms. They're both far too large to bother with as a single HTML page. I'd much rather the output, if it is to be HTML, be a folder with one file per topic.

My original script has an option for that. But the script is as is. I have too many RL issues right now to further support it.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1w08...0fuiqT0Fp/view

kbs666 January 21st, 2018 01:25 PM

I've used your script quite a lot. I was hoping someone, with time, would take the time to advance it.

Farling January 21st, 2018 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EightBitz (Post 261775)
I got a runtime error on one of the Realms that's been challenging for my script.

The next version will have a very different output routine.

Was the error generated on the loading RWoutput file, or saving the HTML file?

EightBitz January 21st, 2018 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Farling (Post 261783)
The next version will have a very different output routine.

Was the error generated on the loading RWoutput file, or saving the HTML file?

Saving the HTML file.

Acenoid January 21st, 2018 06:09 PM

Hi there! Thanks for the new tool Farling - and of course - thank you again EightBlitz - for providing us with your great tool that helped me already to export a lot of data! Used it several times now and getting nice results. All the best regaridng the RL issues that have to be resolved. Hopefully the situation will improve!

You guys are making this community so much better ;)

Farling, in case you need the realm or a piece of it let me know.

Farling January 22nd, 2018 01:42 PM

Hey Acenoid, I've just released v1.1 which converts your realm to a single HTML file that is 73MB in size. Some of your images are crazy large in size! ;-)

The HTML output was re-structured and re-written to better handle output directly to a file; and means that producing output to separate HTML pages for each topic should be fairly simple to implement (most likely this coming weekend).

There's far more required for the HTML implementation, such as prettying up the output more; but that should be simple now that the basic conversion has been put in place.

It looks like I will be able to produce a PDF output at some point, and the same work will allow for direct presentation of one or more pages of information in a view-only window (since I will have to present in a window before it can be written to PDF). This same implementation would also allow printing directly to a printer instead of storing in a PDF. (Qt is the toolkit, so QPrinter and QPDFWriter will do the job based on me displaying information on a normal page.)

ErinRigh January 22nd, 2018 06:22 PM

Hey Farling

I dloaded this tool and it is awesome, but is there any reason that it won't convert some snippets, like Labelled Text and hybrid? Is it that the export does not store that information?

EightBitz January 22nd, 2018 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Farling (Post 261826)
There's far more required for the HTML implementation, such as prettying up the output more; but that should be simple now that the basic conversion has been put in place.

I would recommend CSS for this, as it would allow users a standard way to customize things.

Merion January 22nd, 2018 11:42 PM

Great stuff! I always love it, when people create these extremely usefull things.

You should add it to your signature, Farling!