Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   HL - Shadowrun (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=75)
-   -   Bug Reports - Version 2.8 (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=20541)

Mathias April 13th, 2012 04:27 PM

Bug Reports - Version 2.8

(a bug reports thread for the 4/13/12 update)

Unfortunately, there are still some sections of the Shadowrun files we haven't completed yet. These are all coming as soon as we can get them accomplished. There's no need to repeat these items as bug reports.
  1. Combat
    • Apply wound modifiers to the appropriate tests.
  2. Magic
    • Astral Attributes, Perception, Projection and Combat (currently incomplete)
  3. Matrix & Technomancers
    • AR vs. VR vs. Hot-Sim VR (currently incomplete)
    • Active/Passive/Hidden mode
  4. Vehicles & Drones
    • Rigging & Jumping In (including full handling for cyborgs)
  5. NPCs & Critters
    • Grunt/Lieutenant NPC Mechanics
    • Group/Professional Rating
    • Critters
  6. Miscellaneous
    • Track what senses a character currently has active, and report that to the user in a single list. This will be a list of special senses that's shown when you move your mouse over the Perception dicepool at the top of the screen.
    • For the Condition Monitors on the In-Play tab, replace the numbers with boxes
    • Apply various "All Actions", "All Physical Actions", "All Matrix Actions" etc. bonuses/penalties, including wound penalties
    • Modify Contacts so that they can't be altered on the Social tab during Advancement mode, but are instead changed on the Advancement tab, to preserve a record of how your relationship with that contact changed.
  7. Augmentation
    • Biodrones (this requires the rules for critters to be finished first).
  8. Street Magic
    • The sample vessels on pg 87 (in terms of how they'll be handled in Hero Lab, the vessels are critter races that are possessed by the spirits, so this project requires the critter rules to be finished first).
  9. Runner's Companion
    • The Alternative Character Creation Chapter.
    • The Drake, HMHV Infected, Shapeshifter, AI, Free Spirit, and Sapient Critter sections of the Advanced Character Concepts chapter.

bludragn April 13th, 2012 10:37 PM

Woot 1st!!

Improved ability combat skills (in this case pistols) is not discounting for the warriors way. All the other adept powers under The warriors way are working correctly.

bludragn April 13th, 2012 10:43 PM

I have a pistols adept using warriors way quality.
I selected improved reflexes mystic armor and combat sense for the 3 powers discounted (magic attribute 6)
When i add improved ability (pistols) and raise it to lvl2. it increases the cost of combat sense (from .75 discounted and raises to 1pt).

I also have quickdraw and rapid healing selected to finish out the powers and it doesnt change with those. It also doesnt change when i raise the 2 powers im getting a discount on. only changes the cost when i do improved ability<combat skills> and raise it higher then lvl 1. Just checked again. It is changing the cost when you specify which combat skill.
I did it while only having quick draw which was discounted correctly, then i added improved ability<combat skill> it didnt change the cost of quickdraw untill i selected a combat skill.

KnobblySavage April 14th, 2012 04:25 AM

The underbarrel shotgun of the Nitama Optimum II Assault Rifle should have an ammo capacity of 5(m) according to my Arsenal, in Hero Labs it has 10(c).

KnobblySavage April 14th, 2012 05:35 AM

The negative quality "prejudiced" adds its build point cost instead of subtracting it like it should.

Mathias April 14th, 2012 09:57 AM

bludragon, please give me a complete list of the adept powers you have. Just a list - power: AP cost

The way qualities don't bother the user with what powers should be discounted - they figure out which combination of discounted powers would give you the greatest benefit.

starman77 April 14th, 2012 07:07 PM

found a few bugs:

The dv & defense modifiers for high-velocity weapons is not correct. Should be DV +11 and Defense -11, it's showing +9/-9. Same with Mini-Guns, these are supposed to be DV +14 Defense -14. Arsenal 26 and 30.

The Ammo Feed option for Machine Guns does not appear to be working, Bought the Stoner-Ares M107. checked under Modification, there is a line that says Ammo Feed but no method to set or change it, just a question mark that describes it.

PDF sheet output is not showing all the mods installed on armor. It just shows 2 lines, all the mods that do not fit on those two lines are not shown.

bludragn April 14th, 2012 07:20 PM

the powers chosen are : improved reflexes2 Combat sense2 rapid healing quickdraw improved ability combat (pistols)2 Mystic armor4.

When the char was done before on paper, we took the 25% discount on improved reflexes and on mystic armor and improved ability(pistols).
I just did a brand new char and all i gave the char was adpet quality and warriors way.Also selected dodge blades and pistols. Then raised magic attr to 6. Selected JUST improved ability combat (pistols). Normal cost for the skill is .5 per lvl. It is not discounting for the power which is listed under the warriors way. I tested all the other powers listed under the warriors way and they all discount except the improved ability combat.
In this char's case you get 3 powers discounted(1 per 2pts magic attribute) but if you pick up a 4th power in the list even if you plan to pay the full cost the program is switching the cost of powers to discount whichever is higher. Shouldnt do that b/c it can throw chars off on cost spent IMO depending ofcourse on the powers chosen and each cost.

example:: mystic armor4 (discount)
improved reflexes2 (discount)
combat sense2 (discount)
When i add improved ability combat (on the list under the quality but NOT discounting) and raise it to lvl2, it bumps up the cost for combat sense from .75(discount) to 1pt, while still costing 1pt for improved ability combat.This happens on both a previously created char or a brand new char. Hope i explained it enough :-)

Would it be possible to make it with the ways of the adept qualities, that when you pick it you select which power you want the discount on not let the program automatically do it. Maybe a box to click on the magic powers area that when clicked/check marked it will discount the power. just a thought.

Mathias April 15th, 2012 08:31 AM

bludragon - looks like there's a bug in handling the improved ability power. I'll get that fixed for the next update, thanks for reporting it.

jbearwillis April 16th, 2012 09:33 AM

Metagenetic qualities question

How would one get the metagenetic qualities to add directly to the neg and pos point total so they go against the over all total so you can not pick over 35 point in each quality area. As it stands you can pick more.