Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   HL - Mutants & Masterminds (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   (M&M 3e) Garotte from Asian Weapons (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=64617)

Tickkid August 4th, 2020 06:52 PM

Garotte from Asian Weapons
 
So I bought the Gadget Guides Data Package today. One of the reasons I bought it was because I couldn't figure out how to make a garotte in hero lab, and I was like "sweet, now I'll just be able to load it" - but it is still missing in Hero Lab - can't find it anywhere, and I can't seem to figure out how to make it. Anyone dealt with either of these issues?

Duggan August 5th, 2020 04:10 AM

You catch me on vacation, so I can't bring up the program right now, but go into the Editor and Add a Copy of something similar like the Sash Whip. You will not be able to directly edit that entry since it's from a supplement, but you can use it for reference. Now either copy one of the regular melee weapons, and start copying relevant traits.

Tickkid August 7th, 2020 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Duggan (Post 290157)
You catch me on vacation, so I can't bring up the program right now, but go into the Editor and Add a Copy of something similar like the Sash Whip. You will not be able to directly edit that entry since it's from a supplement, but you can use it for reference. Now either copy one of the regular melee weapons, and start copying relevant traits.

Great idea, thank you.

Tickkid August 7th, 2020 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Duggan (Post 290157)
You catch me on vacation, so I can't bring up the program right now, but go into the Editor and Add a Copy of something similar like the Sash Whip. You will not be able to directly edit that entry since it's from a supplement, but you can use it for reference. Now either copy one of the regular melee weapons, and start copying relevant traits.

That worked perfectly. Just took from Bolos and changed a few things around. And it was a neat view into the editor which I hadn't done before. Thanks again.

Duggan August 9th, 2020 07:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tickkid (Post 290201)
That worked perfectly. Just took from Bolos and changed a few things around. And it was a neat view into the editor which I hadn't done before. Thanks again.

Ah, thank you. I was going to check on whether that had worked for you. :) Copying existing powers is probably the easiest way to get insight into how things are done. Running through the Authoring Kit walkthrough is even more eye-opening, but can also lead to frustration when you realize just how many things you cannot change without access to the source files that would be a breeze with them.

Tickkid August 16th, 2020 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Duggan (Post 290226)
Ah, thank you. I was going to check on whether that had worked for you. :) Copying existing powers is probably the easiest way to get insight into how things are done. Running through the Authoring Kit walkthrough is even more eye-opening, but can also lead to frustration when you realize just how many things you cannot change without access to the source files that would be a breeze with them.

I'm going to start running through that now - I didn't even think about it. Thanks again.


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 04:57 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® - Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
wolflair.com copyright 1998-2016 Lone Wolf Development, Inc. View our Privacy Policy here.