Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=62)
-   -   Warforged in HL - A question from the Paizo forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=10125)

Mathias April 12th, 2010 10:20 AM

Warforged in HL - A question from the Paizo forums

Someone on the Paizo forums asked how to create the warforged race, so I'm going to outline the steps here, since there's probably more than one person insterested in this.

Living Construct Subtype

To create the living construct subtype, go into the editor, and create a new subtype (the "Crea. Subtype" panel). You'll probably want to make a copy of the Construct Type in the "Crea. Type" panel as well, to have as a reference.

On the subtype, create an Eval Script.

Timing: First/510
Code:

perform hero.assign[NoTypeAbil.tpConst]
That tells the hero that although we're a construct, we're not applying any of the special abilities of constructs, like darkvision, low-light vision, the HP bonus based on size, the immunities, etc.

Now, let's add in the abilities that living constructs do have - there are a few abilities that are left in place, like immunity to poison, so we'll add those on the living construct subtype. Go through the list of specials on the living construct subtype and add them to the subtype. I'd recommend putting all the damage/repair/below 0 HP information into a new special, and adding that to the subtype, and the spell vulnerabilities into a second special. You should compare your list to the construct type to make sure that you've gotten everything you want (like poison immunity and paralysis immunity), and left out everything you don't want (like the one labeled construct traits, the simple weapon proficiency, and the darkvision).

Mathias April 12th, 2010 10:41 AM

Warforged Armor

On the armor tab of the editor, create a new piece of armor. Put in the +2 armor bonus and the 5% spell failure. Set the Max DEX bonus to 1000 and the armor check penalty to 0. The armor can stay light, and shouldn't have a cost or weight.

I think both "Contains Metal" and "Contains Wood" will have to be unchecked - the user shouldn't be applying Mithral or Darkwood to this armor using the custom armor dialog.

Right below those are "Always Equipped" - check that.

In the User Tags section, create a new tag, "WFArmor". Now add an eval script:
Timing: Final/10000
Code:

perform hero.assign[Custom.WFArmor]
Now, whenever a piece of warforged armor is present on the hero, the Custom.WFArmor tag will be on the hero - we'll use that later on to make sure that each warforged has exactly 1 type of warforged armor.

When you get to the point of creating your warforged race, add the following Eval Rule:
Timing: Validation/5000
Code:

validif (hero.tagcount[Custom.WFArmor] = 1)

That will verify that exactly one warforged armor is present on the hero.

Once you have your race created and tested, go back to the armor and add the following Expr-req:
Code:

hero.tagis[Race.rWarforged] <> 0

(Use whatever Unique Id you used for the Warforged race instead of rWarforged).

The armors that correspond to Adamantine Body and Mithral Body can be created the same way, starting out by duplicating this armor (so that you don't have to re-enter the script).

Those armors will have an additional Expr-req requiring the presence of the feat, and the feats will have an Eval Rule requiring the presence of that armor:

Timing: Validation/5000
Code:

validif (hero.childlives[arAdamBody] <> 0)

(assuming that arAdamBody was the unique Id given to the Adamantine Body armor).

You may be wondering why I'm not bootstrapping these armors - that's because warforged can have their armor enchanted. That means that the user would have to add a new copy of the armor through the Custom Armor dialog - and once that's done, they need to be able to get rid of the unenchanted copy.

Mathias April 12th, 2010 10:43 AM

The Warforged Race

The race itself isn't too different from the existing races in the Pathfinder files - Light Fortification can be added as a new ability, and you can give them a slam attack. Check back to the armor post above this for how to require that exactly one warforged armor type is present.

theunknowndm April 26th, 2010 09:14 AM

Thanks for posting this. I was the one who requested help with the warforged race in the Paizo forum.

I think I am screwing this up. I am new to herolab an I am getting the following errors...

Syntax Error in 'prerequisite rule' script for Thing 'mWFArmor' on line 1
>Error parsing left side expression in relational comparison.
Syntax Error in 'eval' script for Thing 'rWarForged' (Eval Script #1) on line 1
>Script does not support the '@valid' special symbol so use of 'validif' is illegal.

Thanks for the great support.....

Mathias April 26th, 2010 12:39 PM

What pre-requisite(s) and scripts did you add to that armor? Can you copy the code you used so I can see the errors?

RickSummon May 9th, 2010 09:34 AM

If you just copy the bootstraps from the construct type, you'll be missing a few abilities, such as immunity to sickened and nauseated. Are those just included in "construct traits" for normal constructs?

Mathias May 11th, 2010 09:45 AM

The construct type in Pathfinder doesn't specifically grant immunity to sickened and nauseated (except as a function of their immunity to Fort saves). What exactly are you seeing or not seeing?

seeks4truth June 7th, 2010 09:44 PM

Syntax Error in 'eval' script for Thing 'rWarForged' (Eval Script #1) on line 1
>Script does not support the '@valid' special symbol so use of 'validif' is illegal.

I'm getting this error as well.

I followed the instructions from above and it wasn't until I added the

"validif (hero.tagcount[Custom.WFArmor] = 1)" line

SOLUTION: Must use the EVAL RULE not EVAL Script!!!

theunknowndm July 22nd, 2010 10:26 PM

Can someone just send me the file with the changes! and where to import them. I have a clean install of herolab and I want to make a WarForged for my son to play.

Thanks in advance for all the support. :)

RKeenJr August 12th, 2010 06:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mathias (Post 37663)

Living Construct Subtype

To create the living construct subtype, go into the editor, and create a new subtype (the "Crea. Subtype" panel). You'll probably want to make a copy of the Construct Type in the "Crea. Type" panel as well, to have as a reference.

Ok I am new at this and I can see where you can enter this in the Pathfinder system. How does one enter this in the D20 system?

Thanks in advance!
Rick