Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   Realm Works Discussion (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=67)
-   -   "Clear selection and re-scan for links"? (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=54200)

ibecker November 4th, 2015 03:43 PM

"Clear selection and re-scan for links"?

In version 205 of RW, the "Clear selection and re-scan for links" option in the right-click menu seems to have disappeared. Was this intentional? Has the option been moved elsewhere, or is it truly gone?

-Ian

Farling November 4th, 2015 11:43 PM

It is now called "Clear All Content Links and Rescan", available under the "Quick Edit Content" menu.

ibecker November 5th, 2015 06:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Farling (Post 218612)
It is now called "Clear All Content Links and Rescan", available under the "Quick Edit Content" menu.

Actually, that one was always there - it re-scans the entire Topic or Article. The one I'm talking about lets you highlight some text, and then right-click. In the menu, there would be a choice to "Clear selection and re-scan for links". It would only clear and re-scan the text you had selected (a word, a sentence, etc.). That option no longer appears in the right-click menu.

-Ian

Dr_Automaton November 5th, 2015 07:37 AM

I'm hoping it's just an oversight and that we'll get it back in an upcoming release. It was something I used from time to time.

rob November 7th, 2015 12:28 AM

It is no longer possible to perform a clear and rescan on only a portion of a snippet. Due to the way everything now works, the operation has to be performed on an entire snippet at a time.

If you want to rescan a snippet to include additional links that may have become known, simply insert a character into the snippet and delete the character back out again. Then save and all new links will be auto-detected.

ibecker November 7th, 2015 07:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rob (Post 218711)
It is no longer possible to perform a clear and rescan on only a portion of a snippet. Due to the way everything now works, the operation has to be performed on an entire snippet at a time.

If you want to rescan a snippet to include additional links that may have become known, simply insert a character into the snippet and delete the character back out again. Then save and all new links will be auto-detected.

That's unfortunate; I found that feature very useful. However, if I can do it on a single snippet, that's ok - as long as I don't have to re-do the whole Article/Topic!

Thanks, Rob!

rob November 7th, 2015 12:45 PM

The option to perform a full clear and rescan exists on the snippet options menu to the right of the snippet. The trick of inserting and removing a character will allow new links to be detected without clearing any of the old ones. :)

AEIOU November 7th, 2015 01:45 PM

And it works like a charm, Rob. I've been doing this for quite a while since I have a bad habit of duplicate names and I mislinked to the wrong ones occasionally. Remove link, space, backspace, scan, choose the other name. Nothing else changes because it was already scanned in the past. Magic.

Zaphod Beebledoc November 11th, 2015 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AEIOU (Post 218731)
...Magic.

Surely, sufficiently advanced technology? :)