Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   HL - d20 System (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   Community Created Files 1.8 and later (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=20757)

Lord Magus January 12th, 2014 08:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sendric (Post 173793)
While working on this, I discovered (with special thanks to Risner) how to modify the animal companion. This was necessary in order to complete the Goliath Druid, but will also come in handy for some other things I'm looking at.

Could that help resolve the Arcane Hierophant quandary?

http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=11830

Sendric January 13th, 2014 04:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lord Magus (Post 173911)
Could that help resolve the Arcane Hierophant quandary?

http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=11830

Quite possibly. I guess I know what I'm doing today.

Update: Well, I think I've got all the hard stuff done. I'll finish this off tomorrow then do some testing, but I think we're all set for having this class added for the next release.

Sendric January 14th, 2014 05:37 AM

Arcane Heirophant officially added.

Lord Magus January 18th, 2014 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sendric (Post 174013)
Arcane Heirophant officially added.

Can't wait for that next update!!!!

Arnwulfe January 19th, 2014 01:08 PM

I was looking to make a venerable dragon wrought kobold. yet I don't seem to have the necessary info. any ideas or is this in a patch to be?

NewGenesis January 24th, 2014 05:52 PM

do we have a eta in the release yet? I cant wait to start playing with this stuff

Sendric January 25th, 2014 04:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arnwulfe (Post 174309)
I was looking to make a venerable dragon wrought kobold. yet I don't seem to have the necessary info. any ideas or is this in a patch to be?

I'm not sure what you mean. Can you tell me what source this is from?

Edit: If this is in regards to a feat from Races of the Dragon, please know that source has barely been touched. Currently, there are basic implementations of the Dragon Devotee prestige class and the Dragonborn of Bahamut race. The psionic abilities were added as well, but so far that's about it. I plan to tackle this source at some point in the future to fill out the missing stuff and clean up what's there now.

Sendric January 25th, 2014 04:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewGenesis (Post 174575)
do we have a eta in the release yet? I cant wait to start playing with this stuff

I'm targeting Feb 7th for the next release. It may come sooner, or it may come later, but it should be within a week either way.

Sendric January 28th, 2014 10:59 AM

I've completed the Tome of Battle work for the upcoming release. With that done, I'm looking at a few smaller things done. So far, I've fixed up Stunning Fist to make it work with Ability Focus. I also added the Martial Wizard (wizard with bonus fighter feats) class variant from Unearthed Arcana. One caveat to this is that I was unable to completely remove the bootstrapped feat Scribe Scroll. I did, however, gray it out and play around with the tags so that various other feats and prestige classes don't fulfill pre-reqs when they shouldn't (hopefully). It seems to be the best I can do at the moment.

Aaron January 28th, 2014 01:30 PM

Congrats, Sendric!

Sendric January 29th, 2014 04:29 AM

Thanks, Aaron. BTW, I tried to create the Martial Script item, which is basically the same thing as a scroll, but with maneuvers/stances instead of spells. Is there any way to copy the -add custom scroll- thing? If not, is that something you could provide?

Sendric January 31st, 2014 07:26 AM

In my quest to throw in a few more requests from the community I have added most of the class variants from PHB2. The ones that I didn't do require extra work, and will be completed for the next release instead. These are the Shapeshift, Dark Companion and Eclectic Learning variants. Along with these, I will also look to improve the Advanced Learning class ability of the Warmage so that you can choose a spell from a dropdown and actually have it included in the Warmage spell list.

Sendric February 10th, 2014 07:35 AM

1.10 is out the door, so I've re-set the first message in this thread to reflect that.

Sendric February 14th, 2014 12:08 PM

Added Cloud Anchorite. I'm also taking a look at some of the existing classes/prestige classes. I know some need descriptions and updates to the scripting. This is something I'll work on when I'm feeling lazy and not up to the task of adding in new classes (like today :)). Also, we have some additions from a user - True Necromancer and Dwarvencraft material.

Sendric February 20th, 2014 06:33 AM

Fixed a bunch of issues with the Arcane Heirophant that should never have made it in to the community set. My apologies. Anyone who wants the update, PM me with your email address. There are two files that needed updating.

Edit: Make that three files.

Bluephoenix February 20th, 2014 05:05 PM

about dwarvencraft, that was done as an item material? since it was a quality thing, when I was going through RoS I did it as a flat modifier (sans masterwork cost), since it can technically be done to a masterwork item of any metal or stone material

cleaning up and sending all of the missing general items from RoS, as well as some other mounts-related odds and ends (courtesy of playing a paladin/cavalier for a game)

Starting tomorrow on all the missing PrCs / items / races from frostburn and sandstorm, already have ashworm dragoon nearly finished.

is there any interest in having the Ultimate Equipment guide series from mongoose in its entirety? or just what I've managed to enter from playing. one of the most balanced item splatbooks I've encountered from a 3rd party publisher.

Sendric February 20th, 2014 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bluephoenix (Post 176124)
about dwarvencraft, that was done as an item material? since it was a quality thing, when I was going through RoS I did it as a flat modifier (sans masterwork cost), since it can technically be done to a masterwork item of any metal or stone material

cleaning up and sending all of the missing general items from RoS, as well as some other mounts-related odds and ends (courtesy of playing a paladin/cavalier for a game)

Starting tomorrow on all the missing PrCs / items / races from frostburn and sandstorm, already have ashworm dragoon nearly finished.

is there any interest in having the Ultimate Equipment guide series from mongoose in its entirety? or just what I've managed to enter from playing. one of the most balanced item splatbooks I've encountered from a 3rd party publisher.

I didn't really look at it that closely, but I can tell you it was edited to force masterwork. I can take a closer look at it tomorrow, but it seems to work pretty well.

Not sure about 3rd party stuff. Is there any overlap with the items there vs MIC or anything like that? Might be good as an optional secondary download.

Bluephoenix February 20th, 2014 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sendric (Post 176125)
I didn't really look at it that closely, but I can tell you it was edited to force masterwork. I can take a closer look at it tomorrow, but it seems to work pretty well.

Not sure about 3rd party stuff. Is there any overlap with the items there vs MIC or anything like that? Might be good as an optional secondary download.

no MIC overlap, it actually is mostly mundane items, one of the reasons I love it so much. lots of options in there for low-magic campaigns and low level fun. kind of similar to arms and equipment guide, without the hireling stuff.

Sendric February 21st, 2014 08:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bluephoenix (Post 176126)
no MIC overlap, it actually is mostly mundane items, one of the reasons I love it so much. lots of options in there for low-magic campaigns and low level fun. kind of similar to arms and equipment guide, without the hireling stuff.

Ah. Might not be bad to add it in then.

Sendric February 28th, 2014 06:42 AM

Adding some Ravenloft material for the next release. Not much added so far, but new additions will be from the Ravenloft Campaign Setting and Van Richten's Arsenal.

karpomatic February 28th, 2014 09:37 AM

Thanks again for the Ravenloft additions, Sendric.

Lonewolf147 March 4th, 2014 05:57 AM

Has there been any thought of adding the Deities and Demigods book? Especially Divine Ranks.

I have some old characters on paper that I would like to transfer into HL, but some of them have Divine Rank.

Sendric March 4th, 2014 06:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lonewolf147 (Post 176902)
Has there been any thought of adding the Deities and Demigods book? Especially Divine Ranks.

I have some old characters on paper that I would like to transfer into HL, but some of them have Divine Rank.

Sure. It's a matter or priority. I'm pretty swamped right now, but I'll add it to the list.

Bluephoenix March 4th, 2014 03:05 PM

I don't suppose I could get the Jade Phoenix Mage prc put on the burner? still slogging through sandstorm and frostburn, nearly done aside from sandshaper in SS and 2 in frostburn. Also not familiar with how ToB maneuvers were coded in.

intent is to make sure stormwrack is finished out after those 2 unless there are other specific requests.

Sendric March 4th, 2014 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bluephoenix (Post 176965)
I don't suppose I could get the Jade Phoenix Mage prc put on the burner? still slogging through sandstorm and frostburn, nearly done aside from sandshaper in SS and 2 in frostburn. Also not familiar with how ToB maneuvers were coded in.

intent is to make sure stormwrack is finished out after those 2 unless there are other specific requests.

Sure. Where's that from?

ToB maneuvers are custom abilities. What do you need to know about them?

Bluephoenix March 5th, 2014 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sendric (Post 176974)
Sure. Where's that from?

ToB maneuvers are custom abilities. What do you need to know about them?

Jade phoenix mage and ruby knight vindicator are both ToB prestige classes (strange how so many people overlook the prc section of the book) that advance maneuvers and spellcasting.

the comment about the ToB maneuvers was mostly that I'm so knee deep in ice and sand that trying to figure out a new set of custom abilities from a different book might explode my brain :p

just finished the animal companion table in frostburn, smilodon is hilarious fun to grab on an arcane heirophant :D

Sendric March 5th, 2014 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bluephoenix (Post 177043)
Jade phoenix mage and ruby knight vindicator are both ToB prestige classes (strange how so many people overlook the prc section of the book) that advance maneuvers and spellcasting.

There are 147 Prestige Classes in the complete books alone. I decided a long time ago not to try to remember where all the PrC's come from. :)

That said, all the PrC's from ToB are on the to-do list.

Quote:

the comment about the ToB maneuvers was mostly that I'm so knee deep in ice and sand that trying to figure out a new set of custom abilities from a different book might explode my brain :p

just finished the animal companion table in frostburn, smilodon is hilarious fun to grab on an arcane heirophant :D
Well, whenever you want to figure out the ToB maneuvers, let me know. After all, I wrote them. :)

Looking forward to seeing how the smilodon works with Arcane Heirophant.

Sendric March 7th, 2014 11:18 AM

So I'm working on the Dread Necromancer from Heroes of Horror. There are errors in the spell list that were never officially fixed from what I can tell. Therefore, I am using the adjusted spell list from here:

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=162358

It has a few minor changes, but I think they work pretty well. If anyone has an issue with this, let me know.

Sendric March 18th, 2014 11:13 AM

Added another new Ravenloft file: Van Richten's Guide to the Shadow Fey. This file has the half-fey template which required 26 specials and 20 feats to complete. It's way more complicated than I expected, but it was fun to work on.

Sendric March 19th, 2014 10:48 AM

Somebody, somewhere reported a bug with the Domain Granted Power class variant for the Wizard (also the Sorcerer, but that one seems ok). I removed the feat that comes with this variant because it's unnecessary, and increased the number of custom abilities the Wizard gets so that you can choose the domain. However, for the life of me, I cannot figure out how to get the domain spells to show up in the secondary spell list for wizards after you select a domain. This only matters if you select another class that allows domain spells, so I think I'll have to add the spells to that class instead. Wizards just don't want other spells showing up.

Edit:
And done, except with a known issue that if you have more than one other class with access to Cleric Domains then they both get the extra spells. If I can figure out a way to prevent that, I will. For now, though a Cleric/Sorcerer (Domain Acess)/Wizard (Domain Granted Power) seems an unlikely scenario, and frankly a bit of overkill in the Domain department.

Sendric April 3rd, 2014 04:50 AM

Someone sent the Frenzied Berserker from Complete Warrior to Shadow. I've added it into the d20 community set. Thanks for the addition.

TobyFox2002 April 3rd, 2014 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sendric (Post 177979)
Added another new Ravenloft file: Van Richten's Guide to the Shadow Fey. This file has the half-fey template which required 26 specials and 20 feats to complete. It's way more complicated than I expected, but it was fun to work on.

Will this conflict with the half-fey from the fiend folio do you think?

Sendric April 4th, 2014 04:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TobyFox2002 (Post 179658)
Will this conflict with the half-fey from the fiend folio do you think?

I don't think so, but I'll double-check it when I get a chance.

Koragg April 10th, 2014 04:44 PM

Hi Everyone,

I posted this on the sticky originally but it appears this is the proper place. Apologies.

First off I would like to thank Lawful G and the team for these updates. It is wonderful to be able to use 3.5 content with Hero Lab.

I do have a question. I've searched high and low but still to no avail.... Is it possible to add in the class "High Elemental Binder" into the set? Is there a way for me to custom make that character set? I believe it is from the "Players Guide to Eberron", which is different from the campaign setting books from my limited understanding.

Apologies if this has been posted/requested before. If so, can someone please point me in the right direction?

Thanks,
Koragg Darkshadow

PsychoPif April 11th, 2014 03:07 PM

Archivist

Hi,
Awesome work. I bought the software thinking I would create the class and feat I need, but with your data pack, I get so much more with no effort.

But :)

I'm DMing a game where one of my player play an archivist. I understand that it's currently being worked on, but I was wondering if you had any ETA on him getting released.

If it's not close to being done, I'd be happy to help. I got the book and I was about to do it myself before I found your files.

Sendric April 12th, 2014 04:58 AM

Hi Koragg,

It is certainly possible to add in that class. I'll add it to the list of requests. There are a number of Eberron books I'd like to add in to the set, but these things take time. I should be able to get at least this class into the next release though.

PsychoPif April 12th, 2014 11:37 AM

I've created a Draconic template I'd be happy to share. How would I go about that?

Sendric April 12th, 2014 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PsychoPif (Post 180467)
I've created a Draconic template I'd be happy to share. How would I go about that?

You can post it here or email it to me (sendric at gmail).

Koragg May 1st, 2014 06:00 PM

Hi Sendric,

Thanks so much for adding in the request. The only thing I can think of that goes along with that class is the ability to summon Elementals as companions. Not sure if you have those stat blocks entered in yet as companions yet or not. If not i guess it's no biggie, that can easily be kept track of on a note pad.

THANK YOU again for all the work and time you donate to this project.

Sendric May 2nd, 2014 06:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Koragg (Post 182192)
Hi Sendric,

Thanks so much for adding in the request. The only thing I can think of that goes along with that class is the ability to summon Elementals as companions. Not sure if you have those stat blocks entered in yet as companions yet or not. If not i guess it's no biggie, that can easily be kept track of on a note pad.

THANK YOU again for all the work and time you donate to this project.

No problem.

Looking at the Elemental Companion class feature, it appears the summoned Elementals are just regular Elementals. These are all found within the community set, but you'll need to manually add them to your portfolio. The d20 system can't handle multiple companions, and since their stats aren't tied to the master in any way, I think this is the best (and easiest) way to handle it.