Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   Hero Lab Online Discussion (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=95)
-   -   Bug tracking (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=63133)

evdjj3j September 1st, 2019 07:02 AM

Bug tracking

We used to get a link to track our bug reports a few years back why don’t we get these anymore? I submitted bugs years ago that haven’t been fixed it would be nice to see the status of these. One of the bugs is used by naysayers to point out how Lone Wolf doesn’t support their products well.

Duggan September 3rd, 2019 08:23 AM

If they're still using FogBugz, you can open any of the existing links and a list of submitted bugs will appear at the bottom. Unfortunately, I don't think I've submitted a bug since 2017, so I can't verify if new bugs show up there.

dacoobob September 3rd, 2019 09:18 AM

i submitted several bugs a couple of weeks ago and received emails with tracking links for each of them. check your spam folder?

Lj Stephens September 3rd, 2019 10:39 AM

Thanks Dacoobob! You beat me to it!

evdjj3j September 4th, 2019 05:57 AM

I checked Frogbugz and the last one I got was from 12/09/2019, it had older bug reports but nothing newer. I checked spam and nothing was there. I've some submitted bug reports since December.

Mathias September 4th, 2019 07:28 AM

evdjj3j, I just looked up the email address associated with your forum account and searched for that in fogbugz, and I see 41 cases from that search, but it looks like they're all from 2014 to 2018. Please PM me the email address you would have used for recent messages, and I can check for those messages.

evdjj3j September 4th, 2019 01:55 PM

I’ve always used the same email address up until as recently as a few weeks ago. I’ve submitted a few bug reports in the last month or so. I can still see the same ones you are seeing using old support emails Ive saved.

dacoobob September 4th, 2019 01:57 PM

you have to manually enter your email address each time you submit a bug report, any chance you missed that step?

evdjj3j September 4th, 2019 02:02 PM

No, I wouldn’t think so, not that many times, the bug reports end at the end of 2018. I try to be as thorough as possible when I submit bug reports.

Mathias September 4th, 2019 02:40 PM

I'd recommend trying a test bug report, and tell me what time it was submitted - I'll look at that time to see what comes in.

Also, can you check upstream from your own inbox, to see if your email provider is blocking it before telling you about the emails?

If that's not it, I'm afraid my next suggestion is to double-check for typos. If you're using the bug report forms, perhaps your web browser is auto-filling some info, and has the wrong thing saved, or if you're emailing them, perhaps there's a mis-set address.

evdjj3j September 5th, 2019 04:43 AM

I submitted a bug report titled "Test" at 8:41 AM East 9/4/19.

Mathias September 5th, 2019 07:15 AM

I'm sorry to say that we have only received 4 bug reports this morning so far, and none of them appear to be the one you submitted. Could you please give me the exact details of how you submitted it - if it's by email, what address did you send it to? If it was on a web page, could you give me a link to it, please?

evdjj3j September 5th, 2019 11:18 AM

I submitted almost all of my bug reports through the form in HLO. The one I submitted this morning was submitted there with the title "Test".

evdjj3j September 9th, 2019 01:32 PM

@Mathias Did you give up on me?

Mathias September 9th, 2019 01:43 PM

I apologize for letting this slip off my radar. Let me look into this.

Mathias September 9th, 2019 02:26 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Did you get the "Bug Report Submitted" message within HLO after you submitted the bug report? Or was there an error message, or did it just not do anything after you submitted the report?

evdjj3j September 10th, 2019 04:11 AM

I just submitted one this morning from my phone that said bug reported submitted. I don't remember seeing that before. Let me know if you got it, I may have an idea what's going on if you did. The subject is "test".

Updated

I submitted another bug report when I got home and received the message saying the report was submitted. I didn't receive an acknowledgement email.

Here is a link to the message I received.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AkQaEoelqApSt1ab...l6ryM?e=hFkfgG

I always send links to screenshots shared on my MS One Drive with bug reports would that be triggering a spam filter possibly?

evdjj3j September 13th, 2019 09:33 AM

@Marhias Did I lose you again?

Lj Stephens September 13th, 2019 09:44 AM

Hi efdjj3j - Mathias is definitely working on it. I'm sure he'll get back to you soonly. :D

Mathias September 13th, 2019 09:48 AM

I apologize, I reported this problem to the right people, and we've been able to figure out that it has to do with the domain you're using for email, but I haven't heard back on the progress of fixing the problem, so I didn't have anything to report yet.

evdjj3j September 13th, 2019 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mathias (Post 282150)
I apologize, I reported this problem to the right people, and we've been able to figure out that it has to do with the domain you're using for email, but I haven't heard back on the progress of fixing the problem, so I didn't have anything to report yet.

Yahoo?

If that's the case I’d say you losing a lot more than mine.

Lj Stephens September 17th, 2019 06:00 AM

Yes, Yahoo, though it's not Yahoo's fault. We're tracking it down though. Sorry for the frustration. Thanks for helping us out with this. :)

evdjj3j September 28th, 2019 08:08 PM

Is there any way I can submit bugs temporarily? I still have the screenshots for all the bug reports I submitted over the last 10 months.

charlieluce September 28th, 2019 09:06 PM

Do you have an iCloud email account you could use to send in the bug reports?

evdjj3j October 3rd, 2019 06:47 PM

I have an iCloud account, but I don't use the email address associated with it. I'm not sure that would work with their system, I don't know if they could track my submissions properly.

charlieluce October 3rd, 2019 07:19 PM

Yeah, I don't see any way to associate a second email address with an account so at minimum you'd have to change over to that account for Lone Wolf stuff which is a pain.

evdjj3j October 4th, 2019 04:26 AM

I'm not going to do that it would be much easier for them to just whitelist my address. What I find odd is that the bug tracker won't accept my email address but the payment system seems to handle it just fine.

dacoobob October 4th, 2019 06:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by evdjj3j (Post 282668)
Is there any way I can submit bugs temporarily? I still have the screenshots for all the bug reports I submitted over the last 10 months.

You can email them to support@wolflair.com, that is the other official bug-reporting channel.

evdjj3j October 4th, 2019 07:40 AM

I can submit bugs in the app but the spam filter filters out Yahoo addresses. I'm assuming it would filter them through that venue too.

dacoobob October 4th, 2019 08:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by evdjj3j (Post 282898)
I'm assuming it would filter them through that venue too.

Worth a try anyway. Also, Gmail accounts are free...

evdjj3j October 4th, 2019 10:25 AM

I think it's worth a try for them to just whitelist my address, it's not like I'm using a highly unusual domain. I shouldn't have to bend over backwards and cross my fingers just to submit a bug report. I submitted bug reports to nowhere for 9 months before I figured out they weren't getting them. The sad thing is that I used to submit high quality bug reports on a regular basis. I have 29 screenshots in my OneDrive account that were from 29 bug reports this year that went nowhere. The lack of communication on this issue I'm guessing they're not going to fix it.

dacoobob October 4th, 2019 11:59 AM

this thread is four pages long at this point... in the time it took you to write just your latest reply, you could have instead made a throwaway Gmail account and sent off your 29 screenshots as an attachment, and been done with it. heck, send them to me (dacoobob@hotmail.com) from your Yahoo account and i'll forward them for you.

evdjj3j October 8th, 2019 10:22 AM

Any updates on the status of this bug from the the Lone Wolf people, it's been 5 weeks now?

BJ October 10th, 2019 09:52 AM

We're still working on it, we just haven't been able to identify the issue.

evdjj3j November 26th, 2019 05:53 PM

Any progress on this?

evdjj3j December 14th, 2019 10:19 AM

If this is not going to be fixed let me know so I don't have to keep coming back and checking. I don't plan on purchasing anymore packages until it's fixed.

Farling December 14th, 2019 01:54 PM

As already posted, if you have an old response e-mail you can see all the bugs listed against your account.

If your use of "this" refers to something half way through the thread, then perhaps referring to the specific message within the thread of 37 posts might be more helpful.

evdjj3j December 14th, 2019 02:37 PM

I am the OP, this is my bug. Perhaps you should familiarize yourself with a thread before you scold me, the OP, because you obviously don’t know what this thread is about. My account does not show any of the bug reports I submitted past Dec 31 2018, you would know this if you read the whole thread. So if you don’t have anything to add to the topic of the thread maybe you should just lurk for a while farthing.