Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   HL - World of Darkness (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=52)
-   -   Next WoD update? (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=9780)

HoldenA February 10th, 2010 09:46 PM

Next WoD update?

Any idea when the next World of Darkness update will be, and if it will include stuff from the Armory Reloaded?

rob February 11th, 2010 04:08 AM

I'm way behind on stuff, so I honestly haven't even looked at Armory Reloaded. Is there a specific subset of material that will get you by in the short term if I add it? I also need to get a bunch of Changeling stuff added, plus all the various requests everyone has posted.

We're expecting to release V3.6 of Hero Lab in a week or two. I'm expecting that we'll be releasing the new WoD files at the same time, which means I only have a few days of actual time to work on the WoD files during that span. Consequently, I won't be able to get everything in that I'd like and need to prioritize stuff. If you guys can prioritize things for me, that's great. Otherwise, I'll have to take my best guess. :-)

HoldenA February 12th, 2010 07:27 AM

The main thing I was looking for from the Armory Reloaded was the fighting style "Langschwert (pg. 83).

You seem to have a lot on your plate though! Good luck on getting as much done as possible, once again thanks for all the hard work!

rob February 15th, 2010 06:27 PM

I haven't looked at that particular fighting style, but most fighting styles are pretty straightforward to implement via the Editor. You simply need to define each dot level as a "merit level" and then tie it all together with the actual merit itself. There are numerous examples of this with other fighting styles that you can model your approach after (and potentially just copy in the Editor). So you might consider giving it a try yourself if you really need that one merit soon.

dartnet February 15th, 2010 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rob (Post 35905)
If you guys can prioritize things for me, that's great. Otherwise, I'll have to take my best guess. :-)

1. Second Sight
2. Armory II
3. Innocents
4. Dogs of War

Metaphysicus February 16th, 2010 02:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rob (Post 35905)
If you guys can prioritize things for me, that's great. Otherwise, I'll have to take my best guess. :-)

Could you narrow it down for us?

Otherwise my choice would be:
  1. Book of Spirits
  2. Second Sight
  3. Changing Breeds
  4. Skinchangers
  5. Inferno

jonbartels February 16th, 2010 02:45 AM

my choice are as follows:

1. the remaining changeling books
2. armory reloaded
3. werewolf, mage, etc.

Noctivagus February 16th, 2010 07:10 AM

I second (or third?) Second Sight, Book of Spirit, and Inferno.

dartnet February 16th, 2010 07:43 AM

I say get the base books (second sight, dogs of war, etc.) and then start getting the others done.

HoldenA February 18th, 2010 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rob (Post 35999)
I haven't looked at that particular fighting style, but most fighting styles are pretty straightforward to implement via the Editor. You simply need to define each dot level as a "merit level" and then tie it all together with the actual merit itself. There are numerous examples of this with other fighting styles that you can model your approach after (and potentially just copy in the Editor). So you might consider giving it a try yourself if you really need that one merit soon.

As far as this goes, how will my editing/adding to the file effect updates?