Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   HL - d20 System (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   Community Created 3.5 D&D data set.... (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=11584)

zandraxon November 22nd, 2016 03:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sendric (Post 238412)
That is strange. Please verify that you have entered the full path for the updates as follows:

http://www.shadowsoftware.net/herolab/d20/updates.xml

The updates for the community set and the stock portfolios won't appear at the top of the list, so you may have to search around for them a little bit. They should be there though, even if HL doesn't flag them as "new" downloads.

Here's what mine looks like:

Ah... ok... The picture in the docs has something like "Lawful_G....." instead of D20 Community pack, at least how my gradually aging eyes and brain read it. Let me look for that when I have a chance tonight!

Horrid.Wilting November 22nd, 2016 04:36 AM

Hi, I'm getting an error "critical information not found in data files: source Monster Manual 3", but only when loading old Porfolios. Tried saving and reloading them, with MM3 ticked and without, no change.
Since in the 1.18 update MM3 source info had been changed, it seems I have a problem with that.
Is there anything I can do about that?
Loading a fresh portfolio/saving/reloading with or without MM3 works normally.
Only old ones are affected.

Also I now have the Monsters of Fearun and Stormwrack two times in the source list... what's that about? O.o

Cheers,
- Horrid

Sendric November 22nd, 2016 05:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Horrid.Wilting (Post 238462)
Hi, I'm getting an error "critical information not found in data files: source Monster Manual 3", but only when loading old Porfolios. Tried saving and reloading them, with MM3 ticked and without, no change.
Since in the 1.18 update MM3 source info had been changed, it seems I have a problem with that.
Is there anything I can do about that?
Loading a fresh portfolio/saving/reloading with or without MM3 works normally.
Only old ones are affected.

Try selecting "Strip Missing Sources" from the Portfolio menu. If that doesn't work, please attach the portfolio and I'll take a look at it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Horrid.Wilting (Post 238462)
Also I now have the Monsters of Fearun and Stormwrack two times in the source list... what's that about? O.o

Cheers,
- Horrid

Hmm....good question. I will look into this.

Update: Fixed this issue. We had a few erroneous sources floating around. Thanks for the report.

ravdmyvid November 22nd, 2016 12:39 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Hi. I got the same problem as Horrid with the "critical information not found in data files: source Monster Manual 3"

See the attached portfolio

Sendric November 23rd, 2016 05:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ravdmyvid (Post 238489)
Hi. I got the same problem as Horrid with the "critical information not found in data files: source Monster Manual 3"

See the attached portfolio

Have you tried the "Strip Missing Sources" option suggested above? I suspect that will solve the problem. If not, I'll try to take a look at this later.

Illyahr November 23rd, 2016 08:15 AM

I'm having the same issue as above. The "strip missing sources" option prevents the error from popping up, but what if we want to use something from MM3?

ravdmyvid November 23rd, 2016 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sendric (Post 238520)
Have you tried the "Strip Missing Sources" option suggested above? I suspect that will solve the problem. If not, I'll try to take a look at this later.

Ok, I tried it now and the error is gone. Sorry, should have done before posting here.

zandraxon November 23rd, 2016 01:24 PM

Sendric - thanks for the tip... I'm all loaded up and working now!

Horrid.Wilting November 24th, 2016 03:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sendric (Post 238463)
Try selecting "Strip Missing Sources" from the Portfolio menu. If that doesn't work, please attach the portfolio and I'll take a look at it.

Hmm....good question. I will look into this.

Update: Fixed this issue. We had a few erroneous sources floating around. Thanks for the report.

Always!

Also thanks for the hint. Stripping worked! :)

I then reimported the 1.18 files but still have stormwrack and monsters of fearun in the list twice... would reimporting even help there? or should I do something else? is it even an actual issue? do the entries interfere with each other?

Sendric November 24th, 2016 04:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Illyahr (Post 238532)
I'm having the same issue as above. The "strip missing sources" option prevents the error from popping up, but what if we want to use something from MM3?

MM3 hasn't been removed. It's just that the sourcing got a little messed up. You can simply select the MM3 source available in the list and get everything from there that is currently available.