Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   HL - Savage Worlds (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=59)
-   -   Seven Worlds (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=64116)

CapedCrusader March 28th, 2020 02:19 PM

Seven Worlds

Anyone out there familiar with Seven Worlds? It's a low-tech hard sci-fi Setting I am just getting into.

From what I understand, the campaign is a bit twisty, so please be careful when discussing it so as not to ruin it for anyone.

Maidhc O Casain March 29th, 2020 01:59 PM

I was NOT familiar with this until you posted, CC - but I'm stoked that you did! I have a couple of players who are really into sci-fi that's as accurate as it can be made; I think they'll be very happy about this!

CapedCrusader March 29th, 2020 04:46 PM

It came out in 2017, so it's Deluxe version. I am trying to get in contact with them to see if they are doing a SWADE conversion. They spend a lot of time talking about the underlying science, and where they had to bend it. The materials are beautiful.

Maidhc O Casain March 29th, 2020 06:15 PM

Yeah, I had a look and it's very well put together. I recently listened to an Audials series about the science behind science fiction. It'll be interesting to see how much of what I heard crops up. Hope they update it to SWADE rules!

CapedCrusader March 30th, 2020 09:41 AM

Well, I can do a partial translation and a best guess. Mainly things like removing Charisma and converting Streetwise.

CapedCrusader March 30th, 2020 02:25 PM

I heard back from the author today, and he has a conversion guide for it... so I can create the Setting file to be correct.

Maidhc O Casain March 30th, 2020 06:22 PM

That is awesome!

The GIT! April 7th, 2020 10:27 AM

Ooh, very interested in this; love the setting.

Cid April 27th, 2020 12:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CapedCrusader (Post 287368)
Anyone out there familiar with Seven Worlds? It's a low-tech hard sci-fi Setting I am just getting into.

From what I understand, the campaign is a bit twisty, so please be careful when discussing it so as not to ruin it for anyone.

I have it entered into Realmworks.

Maidhc O Casain April 27th, 2020 07:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cid (Post 288200)

Oh, nice! I was just considering doing the same thing!

The GIT! May 17th, 2020 01:53 PM

This is a great setting - any Hero Lab character design would be awesome.

The GIT! May 19th, 2020 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cid (Post 288200)

Is there a way to share Realmworks data files? I've only used Realmworks as a player so I'm a noob, but I'd be very interested to try using it for the Seven Worlds campaign for my group.

Farling May 20th, 2020 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The GIT! (Post 288719)
Is there a way to share Realmworks data files? I've only used Realmworks as a player so I'm a noob, but I'd be very interested to try using it for the Seven Worlds campaign for my group.

Non-copyright material can be shared between Realmworks users. They simply create an export of the realm, and the other user(s) import that into their own realm.

Maidhc O Casain May 20th, 2020 09:06 AM

Sharing it with your players, however, doesn't require actually sharing the files, or even that they have full GM RealmWorks accounts. They can see it with player accounts.

You invite them to your RealmWorks campaign, and once they join and sync they can see any of the information in that campaign that you've marked as visible. As they discover more of the setting, you simply mark newly discovered information as visible as well, and sync up. Once your players sync again the new marked information will be visible to them as well.

CapedCrusader August 15th, 2020 04:36 AM

Making excellent headway on this while I wait to hear back from LWD...

Who wants a copy to test? PM me... and don't forget an email address.

CapedCrusader August 28th, 2020 02:40 PM

Alright, I have this file more or less completed. Getting ready to start it next month for my group. I've started loading the maps onto roll20.net and I even figured out a way to do Assistant Skills. This file includes stock files for all creatures and characters in the Bestiary as well. So players, don't get *too* nosy lol.