Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   Realm Works Discussion (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=67)
-   -   Herolab with Realmworks (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=64239)

kbs666 April 25th, 2020 02:57 AM

If that is what the stat block looks like in HL then it is an issue with HL not RW.

MNBlockHead April 26th, 2020 10:14 PM

I've noted the same issue. Also running 5e. I've given up accessing HL from within RW. I have all the POR files named by encounter location or in a bestiary folder and by name. I open the POR files manually.

Never noticed the issue with missing content until the link to HL broke. In the past I would just click the button to add to the open portfolio in HL and it worked wonderfully until the most recent RW upgrade broke it.

The_Traveller April 27th, 2020 04:08 AM

RW and HL integration still works as long as HL is open. Because I run AL I don't have a regular group. I keep an open portfolio that just has seven (max table size in my FLGS) party members. Then when i get to an encounter, I'm able to load the encounter into HL and start the tactical console. Players roll their initiative, and I update them in the console and run combat. Once I'm done, i can remove the enemies and continue.

MNBlockHead April 28th, 2020 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The_Traveller (Post 288202)
RW and HL integration still works as long as HL is open. Because I run AL I don't have a regular group. I keep an open portfolio that just has seven (max table size in my FLGS) party members. Then when i get to an encounter, I'm able to load the encounter into HL and start the tactical console. Players roll their initiative, and I update them in the console and run combat. Once I'm done, i can remove the enemies and continue.

Not if you install the 64-bit Hero Lab. I suppose I should try uninstalling the 64-bit version of HL and use the 32, but when I go do download, I'm not given the option. The installer also doesn't allow you to choose. So, as far as I know, there is no way for me to roll back to a version of HL that will work with RW.

The_Traveller April 28th, 2020 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MNBlockHead (Post 288231)
Not if you install the 64-bit Hero Lab. I suppose I should try uninstalling the 64-bit version of HL and use the 32, but when I go do download, I'm not given the option. The installer also doesn't allow you to choose. So, as far as I know, there is no way for me to roll back to a version of HL that will work with RW.

Guess I never noticed that. I still have both versions of HL on my system. I thought I was always opening the 64 bit but I guess the 32 bit was opening. Just tried with the 64 open and I can't get the link to RW to work.

Glad I never got rid of the old version. Bummer it stopped working.

Farling April 29th, 2020 02:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MNBlockHead (Post 288231)
I suppose I should try uninstalling the 64-bit version of HL and use the 32, but when I go do download, I'm not given the option. The installer also doesn't allow you to choose. So, as far as I know, there is no way for me to roll back to a version of HL that will work with RW.

I think that both versions are installed in the same folder as a single installation, so you only need to pick which exe to launch.

The_Traveller April 29th, 2020 01:03 PM

Mine are in the same folder \Program Files (x86)\Hero Lab\HeroLab.exe and \Program Files (x86)\Hero Lab\HeroLab64.exe

So you should be able to run the 32 bit as needed. I imagine if you are running Pathfinder 1.0 and have lots of books and multiple characters you might need the 64 bit, but so far i've not found any instance where i "needed" the 64 bit .

Trav

kbs666 April 29th, 2020 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The_Traveller (Post 288257)
Mine are in the same folder \Program Files (x86)\Hero Lab\HeroLab.exe and \Program Files (x86)\Hero Lab\HeroLab64.exe

So you should be able to run the 32 bit as needed. I imagine if you are running Pathfinder 1.0 and have lots of books and multiple characters you might need the 64 bit, but so far i've not found any instance where i "needed" the 64 bit .

Trav

I never stopped using 32 bit because of this. I don't have all of PF but I have a lot. It takes a noticeable amount of time to start up but not all that bad. Nothing nearly as bad as the issues with 32 bit RW.