Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   HL - Mutants & Masterminds (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   3.8 bugs (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=10609)

Woodclaw June 23rd, 2010 09:37 AM

3.8 bugs

I've just stumbled upon two old bugs:
  1. When I build a Sidekick/Minion for a NPC the system simply ports the Main hero PL to the Minion rather than calcullate its own PL
  2. When I use the Device as Equipment option to build a armor (i.e. anything with the Protection power) it adds to Toughness even if I had active power that already increase it (like Force field)

Duggan June 23rd, 2010 05:15 PM

This has been in for a few versions, but I keep forgetting to report it. When doing a Status block Summary BBCode output on a Vehicle, The Defense line has an uncapped Bold marker such as the following:

Vehicle: Autogyro

Power Level: 10; Equipment Points Spent: 12

STR: +10 (30)

Toughness: +9

Powers:
Flight 5 (Speed: 250 mph, 2200 ft./rnd)

[b]Defense: -2, Size: Huge

Totals: Abilities 0 + Skills 0 (0 ranks) + Feats 0 + Features 0 + Powers 10 + Combat 2 + Saves 0 + Drawbacks 0 = 12

Created With Hero Lab® - try it for free at http://www.wolflair.com!

Nigel Fogg The Wayfarer June 23rd, 2010 09:48 PM

When selecting Equipment:

The Disguise Kit has the information text belonging to the Climber's Kit from Agents of Freedom.

Colen July 2nd, 2010 09:54 AM

Woodclaw:

1) Isn't this how it should work? Shouldn't the sidekick be at the main hero's PL? It would be a little weird for a sidekick to be *more powerful* than his boss...

2) I just checked, and a Force Field doesn't stack with Protection added by a "device as equipment". Can you describe the situation you're seeing where it seems to be behaving incorrectly?

Thanks for the other bug reports, I've added them to the list.

Duggan July 2nd, 2010 10:45 AM

I've got the specific items noted down on my laptop, which unfortunately is not able to access the Internet where I am right now, but there are a couple of items that don't have Mecha and Manga set as their source, meaning they show up when you don't have that book checked. ^_^ Most of them, the blame can be placed on me. I'll see if I can't hook up the laptop tonight to get that updated.

Feats
Twin Weapon Strike
Spirit Empathy
Menagerie (which still doesn't operate quite right in terms of being something you're supposed to add to Pet to allow multiple pets. *wrinkles nose* Same thing with the feat to make the pet Heroic... I couldn't figure out how to wrangle the rules)
Pet (and while this is outside of the source feat setup, one probably shouldn't have the various Pet feats unless the character has Pet or Menagerie)

Equipment
Suan Tou Fung (not it! :))

Power Options
The Acute and Accurate Chi options show up under Super-Senses instead of under Chi Sense. Chi Sense also picks up a few too many modifiers from Super-Senses. I should have just bit the bullet and duplicated the entries for things like Precognition and Postcognition linked to Chi. Your choice.

Duggan July 2nd, 2010 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Colen (Post 40685)
Woodclaw:

1) Isn't this how it should work? Shouldn't the sidekick be at the main hero's PL? It would be a little weird for a sidekick to be *more powerful* than his boss...

I think he's more describing how, for most NPCs, PL is descriptive, not proscriptive. So, if he creates a Sidekick whose only attack is a +8 to hit Blast 8, it should be described as PL 8 whether or not the PC is PL 10 or however.

And I know I saw the protection stacking somehow... it's not happening now.

Nigel Fogg The Wayfarer July 2nd, 2010 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nigel Fogg The Wayfarer (Post 40342)
When selecting Equipment:

The Disguise Kit has the information text belonging to the Climber's Kit from Agents of Freedom.

Don't forget about this one. :p

Woodclaw July 3rd, 2010 12:24 AM

Quote:

As far as I know it shouldn't the sidekick/minions are individual characters with their own PL. Plus there are exaple of sidekicks more powerful of the main hero (think of Jakeem Thunder and Yz).

Quote:

2) I just checked, and a Force Field doesn't stack with Protection added by a "device as equipment". Can you describe the situation you're seeing where it seems to be behaving incorrectly?

Ok, I've just checked myself and it happens only with Enhanced Constitution and Protection.

Duggan July 3rd, 2010 08:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Woodclaw (Post 40716)
As far as I know it shouldn't the sidekick/minions are individual characters with their own PL. Plus there are exaple of sidekicks more powerful of the main hero (think of Jakeem Thunder and Yz).

Ah... doesn't the book mention that and say that it should be built the other way around generally, with the "sidekick" as the player and the "summoner" as the low PL sidekick?

Nevertheless, it would be nice if the output on sidekicks and minions showed them as the PL that they are rather than the "upper limit PL".

Woodclaw July 3rd, 2010 11:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Duggan (Post 40725)
Ah... doesn't the book mention that and say that it should be built the other way around generally, with the "sidekick" as the player and the "summoner" as the low PL sidekick?

Nevertheless, it would be nice if the output on sidekicks and minions showed them as the PL that they are rather than the "upper limit PL".

Actually no, the core rules states that usually the most powerful creature is the main character, but on the Mastermind Manual there is an option called Reverse Sidekick that allows for a Sidekick/minion to be more powerful.

Anyway I think that the problem here is that all of us are correct. Sidekicks (except if the above rule is applied) are generally limited to the same PL of the main hero, but in NPC case they should display their own PL if they are less powerful (or more powerful).