Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   Realm Works Discussion (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=67)
-   -   RealmWorks CSV Import Tool (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=58156)

Madmaxneo June 6th, 2021 02:07 PM

Duplicate post, sorry

Madmaxneo June 7th, 2021 08:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Farling (Post 291693)
Lol - I'm happy the tool is still working :-)

Apparently it is working for everyone.
I am unable to import any of the files created by your CSV import tool. I can convert the CSV file for import but when I try the import process it only gets up to about 85% and then RW crashes. I tried a simple import with just a few things in a few columns and RW still crashes at the same time.

Could it be I have some setting wrong or maybe there are certain files needed for import like .net files?

I am on RW version 256
I am on the latest version of Windows 10 and have the latest update installed.
I am running everything off of an AMD 3900x with 64 gb of RAM and my C drive is a NVME drive. My GPU is currently a GTX 1070.

Farling June 7th, 2021 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Madmaxneo (Post 295346)
Apparently it is working for everyone.
I am unable to import any of the files created by your CSV import tool. I can convert the CSV file for import but when I try the import process it only gets up to about 85% and then RW crashes. I tried a simple import with just a few things in a few columns and RW still crashes at the same time.

Could it be I have some setting wrong or maybe there are certain files needed for import like .net files?

I am on RW version 256
I am on the latest version of Windows 10 and have the latest update installed.
I am running everything off of an AMD 3900x with 64 gb of RAM and my C drive is a NVME drive. My GPU is currently a GTX 1070.

Best thing is to send me the files via PM (or facebook msg) you are using for me to run them through the system. There must be something being generated which RW doesn't like.

Madmaxneo June 7th, 2021 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Farling (Post 295347)
Best thing is to send me the files via PM (or facebook msg) you are using for me to run them through the system. There must be something being generated which RW doesn't like.

I Pm'd you (through Facebook) both the CSV file and the structure file.

Farling June 7th, 2021 01:59 PM

FYI (for other people), the structure file indicates that the default categories have been modified. But when Realm Works tries the import, it reports "Cannot modify protected category", suggesting that there is a new protection added to try and avoid corrupting existing realms.

Farling June 27th, 2021 10:04 AM

Release 2.17 is now available

CSV files are now read as UTF-8 instead of ASCII. This should ensure that long-dashes and other unicode characters appear properly in the generated data.

Farling September 19th, 2021 04:12 AM

Release 2.18 is available

Images can now be embedded in XLSX files.
The data preview window will show only a blank cell for any cells containing images.
The generated RWexport file will have the image stored in PNG format.