Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   Realm Works Discussion (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=67)
-   -   The Grey Council needs you! (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=57460)

BJ January 18th, 2017 03:10 PM

The Grey Council needs you!

As previously mentioned we are putting together a group of trusted individuals to review content for the Community Content Market that will be available in our Realm Works store.

We are currently in need of five workers to get started reviewing submissions as soon as possible.

Are you detailed orientated with several free hours each week? Do you care about the quality of the content available in Realm Works and have a good familiarity with the program? Do you enjoy free perks and the knowledge that you are preforming a valuable public service? Then we need you to stand between the darkness and the light!

If you would like to apply, please send your name and forum name along with a brief summary of why you would be a good fit for this position, as well as the number of hours per week you could realistically apply toward the project to bj@wolflair.com. Please title all communications THE GREY COUNCIL - YOUR NAME HERE. Please replace YOUR NAME HERE with your actual name. Failure to do so will result in your email being unread.

daplunk January 18th, 2017 03:18 PM

Quote:

Please replace YOUR NAME HERE with your actual name. Failure to do so will result in your email being unread.
Lol... yup I understand the necessity for this bit.

MNBlockHead January 18th, 2017 03:20 PM

If we plan on submitting our own content, would there be a conflict of interest being on the GC? I'm assuming now, as another GC member would review our submissions. But thought I'd ask to be certain.

kbs666 January 18th, 2017 03:20 PM

I would assume people would recuse themselves or something.

chumblybjm January 18th, 2017 05:26 PM

I am going to be real curious who represents the religious caste among
realm works fans here...

I mean we all know that the workers and warriors are going to be
manipulated into approving whatever the religious caste wants anyway:D

Viking2054 January 18th, 2017 06:28 PM

uhmm... they were manipulated into what Delenn wanted, not necessarily the religious cast.

BJ January 18th, 2017 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daplunk (Post 241950)
Lol... yup I understand the necessity for this bit.

Haha! Years of experience has taught me not to leave that out. ;)

BJ January 18th, 2017 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MNBlockHead (Post 241952)
If we plan on submitting our own content, would there be a conflict of interest being on the GC? I'm assuming now, as another GC member would review our submissions. But thought I'd ask to be certain.

As long as you aren't working directly with (or the owner of) an RPG company who's content is being submitted, you should be fine. The occasional content submission can be reviewed by other council members. :)

EightBitz January 19th, 2017 04:12 AM

This isn't going to work, Rob. Don't give me that innocent look. I know EXACTLY what you're up to. But it won't work. We are NOT going to start calling you Entil'Zha.

Exmortis January 19th, 2017 04:58 AM

I am not good at knowings, but I am good at doings.

Chemlak January 19th, 2017 07:39 AM

Engage parody mode!

Quote:

Originally Posted by BJ (Post 241949)
Are you detailed orientated

Read: good at picking things apart. No, not nitpicky. Why would you think we meant nitpicky? See also: detail-oriented.

Quote:

with several free hours each week?
Read: stare at your monitor for long periods.

Quote:

Do you care about the quality of the content available in Realm Works and have a good familiarity with the program?
Are you daplunk, EightBitz, or any of the other technical wizards who put the rest of the users to shame?

Quote:

Do you enjoy free perks
Read: we have cookies.

Quote:

and the knowledge that you are preforming a valuable public service?
Read: but we can't afford shipping on baked goods, so it'll be digital content. Preformed digital content. [/rimshot]

Quote:

Then we need you to stand between the darkness and the light!
You are our last, best hope for peace (on the forums).

Quote:

Please title all communications THE GREY COUNCIL - YOUR NAME HERE. Please replace YOUR NAME HERE with your actual name. Failure to do so will result in your email being unread.
Wizards' First Rule. People are stupid. We don't think you're stupid, but you hang out on a software developer's forum and spend hours staring at your computer monitor. You might make a mistake. Seriously, we've seen it before. It isn't pretty. We still need mindbleach.

Parody mode disengaged.

Darn, I'd really love to take part in this, but my time-management sucks, so I must recuse myself on the grounds that I do care about the quality of the content available in RW.

Viking2054 January 19th, 2017 07:59 AM

Another Terry Goodkind fan, in a Babylon 5 setting... ;)

BJ January 19th, 2017 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chemlak (Post 242011)
Engage parody mode!

Read: good at picking things apart. No, not nitpicky. Why would you think we meant nitpicky? See also: detail-oriented.

Read: stare at your monitor for long periods.

Are you daplunk, EightBitz, or any of the other technical wizards who put the rest of the users to shame?

Read: we have cookies.

Read: but we can't afford shipping on baked goods, so it'll be digital content. Preformed digital content. [/rimshot]

You are our last, best hope for peace (on the forums).

Wizards' First Rule. People are stupid. We don't think you're stupid, but you hang out on a software developer's forum and spend hours staring at your computer monitor. You might make a mistake. Seriously, we've seen it before. It isn't pretty. We still need mindbleach.

Parody mode disengaged.

Darn, I'd really love to take part in this, but my time-management sucks, so I must recuse myself on the grounds that I do care about the quality of the content available in RW.

Haha! This does sum things up nicely! ;)

rob January 20th, 2017 06:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EightBitz (Post 242002)
This isn't going to work, Rob. Don't give me that innocent look. I know EXACTLY what you're up to. But it won't work. We are NOT going to start calling you Entil'Zha.

Valen will do. :p

Actually, it's probably better if you refer to me as Zathras. No, not that one. @Exmortis is that one. The other one. Yes, one of the still living ones. Listen closely to the pronunciation and you'll know which one I'm referring to. It's Zathras.

:D

Daelda January 20th, 2017 08:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rob (Post 242073)

Actually, it's probably better if you refer to me as Zathras. No, not that one. @Exmortis is that one. The other one. Yes, one of the still living ones. Listen closely to the pronunciation and you'll know which one I'm referring to. It's Zathras.

ROFLMAO!! Love it!

Grey Mage January 20th, 2017 10:24 AM

First email I sent bounced

BJ,

The first email I sent to you at bj@wolflair.com bounced.

Sent a second yesterday.

Hope you are all having a good start to your weekend.

AEIOU January 20th, 2017 01:51 PM

I agree completely with @Chemlak, this would be a lot of fun. Maybe form a Shades of Grey Council for those of us that can't commit quite as much time as it would deserve? :)

daplunk January 20th, 2017 02:10 PM

Aye this would be cool. But my plate is full enough as it is.

BJ January 20th, 2017 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grey Mage (Post 242090)
BJ,

The first email I sent to you at bj@wolflair.com bounced.

Sent a second yesterday.

Hope you are all having a good start to your weekend.

How odd! Unless you are one of the people who failed to include their forum name, I don't believe I have an email from you.

Daelda January 20th, 2017 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BJ (Post 242124)
How odd! Unless you are one of the people who failed to include their forum name, I don't believe I have an email from you.

I'm not the only one that did that?? I did send an addendum admitting my mistake and providing the information though. I hope that it got through.

Vargr January 22nd, 2017 12:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AEIOU (Post 242098)
I agree completely with @Chemlak, this would be a lot of fun. Maybe form a Shades of Grey Council for those of us that can't commit quite as much time as it would deserve? :)

Would also love to help out but feel I don't have the time it requires - and deserves :(

BJ January 22nd, 2017 06:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daelda (Post 242136)
I'm not the only one that did that?? I did send an addendum admitting my mistake and providing the information though. I hope that it got through.

Haha! There were a few! You were the only one who followed up with a correction though. ;)

Exmortis January 23rd, 2017 04:53 AM

Do we have any idea of the time required? A few free hours is vague.

I ask because I have seen a few mean 2 and 22.

Zaphod Beebledoc January 23rd, 2017 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rob (Post 242073)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1j-76eLz1hc

BJ January 23rd, 2017 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exmortis (Post 242315)
Do we have any idea of the time required? A few free hours is vague.

I ask because I have seen a few mean 2 and 22.

I just need to know the amount of time you have available. If it's 5-10 hours a week, that's fine, but knowing the amount of time you have available allows me to make decisions on who we choose and how many people we require to get the job done. :)

ErinRigh February 17th, 2017 06:08 AM

Hey BJ When does the world find out who all you picked for the Gray Council, or is that going to be a mystery?

Exmortis February 17th, 2017 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BJ (Post 242363)
I just need to know the amount of time you have available. If it's 5-10 hours a week, that's fine, but knowing the amount of time you have available allows me to make decisions on who we choose and how many people we require to get the job done. :)

For me that's almost my entire RW time over two weeks.

Billy277 February 17th, 2017 04:15 PM

It's a shame I didn't know about this sooner, but yeah, I'm interested in who was selected as well.

BJ February 18th, 2017 07:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ErinRigh (Post 244512)
Hey BJ When does the world find out who all you picked for the Gray Council, or is that going to be a mystery?

Erin, you should have already had an email from me but I sent it again recently, if you still aren't receiving it please PM me on the forums.

Thanks!

ErinRigh February 18th, 2017 08:34 AM

I got it thanks, BJ

joepacelli May 8th, 2017 09:31 AM

I would love to sign up, but I'm unfortunately too new to Realm Works.
I finally purchased this past weekend after waiting for over 1 year to purchase.
So I'm just starting to use it now and get a good understanding for it.

ErinRigh May 11th, 2017 06:02 AM

Hey Joe, congrats on taking the plunge. You may now look forward to years of fun aggravation as you learn the various ins and outs of using this incredible piece of software.

As for the Grey Council, I am sure membership is not set in stone, so feel free to apply to BJ when you are more comfortable with the Works, and maybe your seat will still be warm. :D

BJ May 16th, 2017 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ErinRigh (Post 249700)
Hey Joe, congrats on taking the plunge. You may now look forward to years of fun aggravation as you learn the various ins and outs of using this incredible piece of software.

As for the Grey Council, I am sure membership is not set in stone, so feel free to apply to BJ when you are more comfortable with the Works, and maybe your seat will still be warm. :D

Haha! Yes, I'm sure council members will change as we continue on, so keep it in mind for the future when you are more acquainted with the program! :)