Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   HL - D&D 5th Edition SRD (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=89)
-   -   Some aid with a Background (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=60421)

TaylorBland March 23rd, 2018 03:08 PM

Some aid with a Background

Alright so i found this Background for 5e:
https://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/Plane_...e_Background):

I want to run a campaign of Plane Walkers using the Plane Shift Documents as well. the thing is, i know how to do most of this, but adding in the Inter-Planar Incident is tough.

I think its a Background Custom Ability in the Editor, but i don't know how to work it in. if anyone can help, that would be great.

RavenX March 24th, 2018 03:23 PM

"There is currently no text in this page"

Without seeing the ability I don't know if we can help you.

dungeonguru March 24th, 2018 05:44 PM

I think you have to remove the : at the end of the link.

Yes, the Inter-Planar incident would be handled by a set of background custom abilities.

When you create your background, you scroll down and you'll see Custom Ability Count, Custom Ability Name and Custom Ability Plural Name.

In this case you would put 1, Inter-Planar Incident, and Inter-Planar Incidents respectively.

Then you would go to the Background Custom Ability tab and create 8 abilities total. For each one,you would assign a roll number (1 through 8) and click on the button above that that says "Available to Background(s)", where you would scroll through the list to find Plane Walker.

You do the same pretty much for Trait, Ideals, Bonds and Flaws.

The only guideline is that when you give an ID you put the roll in at the end.

FOr instance, for the Archeologist signature items, they are all given IDs like b5CArchF1 - b5CArchF8, where you can tell that this is for the Archeologist and the rolls on the Flaw tables 1-8 are defined.

TaylorBland March 25th, 2018 11:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RavenX (Post 264772)
"There is currently no text in this page"

Without seeing the ability I don't know if we can help you.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dungeonguru (Post 264775)
I think you have to remove the : at the end of the link.

Yes, the Inter-Planar incident would be handled by a set of background custom abilities.

When you create your background, you scroll down and you'll see Custom Ability Count, Custom Ability Name and Custom Ability Plural Name.

In this case you would put 1, Inter-Planar Incident, and Inter-Planar Incidents respectively.

Then you would go to the Background Custom Ability tab and create 8 abilities total. For each one,you would assign a roll number (1 through 8) and click on the button above that that says "Available to Background(s)", where you would scroll through the list to find Plane Walker.

You do the same pretty much for Trait, Ideals, Bonds and Flaws.

The only guideline is that when you give an ID you put the roll in at the end.

FOr instance, for the Archeologist signature items, they are all given IDs like b5CArchF1 - b5CArchF8, where you can tell that this is for the Archeologist and the rolls on the Flaw tables 1-8 are defined.

Well, i didn't know it would not show. sorry about that.

And as for the second part, thanks for the advice. i shall work on it and hopefully get a working link to you.

TaylorBland March 26th, 2018 09:11 PM

Another Question: How do i add the Feature? do i make it a Custom Ability like the Inter-Planar Incident or is there some other way to do it?

dungeonguru March 27th, 2018 07:33 AM

That feature is probably what the editor calls a Background Special Ability (the button above the custom ability count field).

You create those on the General Tab, under the Ability subtab - The first dropdown on a new Ability is Function? - choose Background Feature there.

TaylorBland March 27th, 2018 07:11 PM

AHA! it worked perfectly. thanks