Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   Realm Works Discussion (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=67)
-   -   Golarian date support (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=61670)

ruhar December 2nd, 2018 03:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chemlak (Post 273506)
Hehehehehe.

Chemlak, if you're going to tell the story of why calendars priority got dropped down you need to tell the WHOLE story.

The survey included players and we all know that in a game there are more players than GMs. As a result, there were more players responding than GMs. Players don't need no stinking calendars so they made that their lowest priority. When the votes were counted calendars got a low priority. Honestly, I think the players were Russian. ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chemlak (Post 273506)
Now, we know the functionality of calendars exists, but the problem is UI and usability, which LWD want to get right because if the average person can’t use it, it’s probably inappropriate for a software release.

Whether you agree with this stance or not (I personally don’t, I think they should be released as is and improved in updates), that’s LWD’s decision to make and I support their right to make that decision.

From what I heard it was way too clunky to let it out, but they would have worked on it if it weren't for the Russians...I mean players skewing the survey.

Silveras December 2nd, 2018 05:20 PM

I just want to point out that another survey is expected after the Content Market finally releases.

Bidmaron December 2nd, 2018 06:08 PM

Hopefully it will only be GMs. Or two separate surveys.

MNBlockHead December 2nd, 2018 06:21 PM

Man, I'm late to the party. In a product wholly driven by DMs (players are only going to buy player versions if their DMs are running games in the tool) they set their prioritization based on a broad survey. There are some very long threads on this, but now that we have 64 bit in beta and some hope that we'll see the content market "soon" -- we need to make sure we get the word out that calendars are still a top priority for us.

ruhar December 2nd, 2018 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bidmaron (Post 273528)
Hopefully it will only be GMs. Or two separate surveys.

Fingers and toes crossed.

Quote:

Originally Posted by MNBlockHead (Post 273531)
we need to make sure we get the word out that calendars are still a top priority for us.

Agreed!

Parody December 2nd, 2018 09:40 PM

They are for some GMs, anyway; calendars weren't high on my list.

Greebo December 2nd, 2018 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MNBlockHead (Post 273531)
(...) but now that we have 64 bit in beta and some hope that we'll see the content market "soon" -- we need to make sure we get the word out that calendars are still a top priority for us.

Absolutely.

Ok, Parody is right to interject, the "Big C" is a top priority for many of us.

But dure to the many possibilities for world building and story telling, custom Cs will create / enhance, and the dev work already invested into it, we hopefully won't have to wait that much longer.

AEIOU December 3rd, 2018 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silveras (Post 273525)
I just want to point out that another survey is expected after the Content Market finally releases.

Seriously? I thought that a survey was just behind another Kickstarter on the never again list.

Silveras December 3rd, 2018 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AEIOU (Post 273586)
Seriously? I thought that a survey was just behind another Kickstarter on the never again list.

I could be wrong, as I was away from the boards for a while (January -September), but that was the discussion when the Content Market went into partial release.

Dark Lord Galen December 4th, 2018 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ruhar (Post 273507)
Chemlak, if you're going to tell the story of why calendars priority got dropped down you need to tell the WHOLE story.

The survey included players and we all know that in a game there are more players than GMs. As a result, there were more players responding than GMs. Players don't need no stinking calendars so they made that their lowest priority.

EXACTLY THIS... And to add that LWD was under the mistaken perception that the "RW Players Edition" wouldn't be DOA and give them a reason to justify why the players vote should even be considered.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ruhar (Post 273507)
When the votes were counted calendars got a low priority. Honestly, I think the players were Russian. ;)

Now that's Funny:D

Lastly, for any that truely run any type of sandbox campaign, time tracking is essential is the WHY calendars are so important.

The only thing (since LWD woke up and realized the need of 64bit) that I would remotely slide calendars for is character level journals and AND integration with the DM's version of RW.
The only reason I would be supportive of this is I have 8 players that feel they totally wasted their money in purchasing the Players Version.:confused::(