Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   HL - Shadowrun (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=75)
-   -   Critters (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=17545)

CeaDawg February 9th, 2012 09:34 AM

Critters

I know this was on the to do list awhile back, but it seems to be slipping by the wayside.
When are you going to put in support for critters? Hopefully before the addons come out at the middle of this month.

There are a number of security teams that deploy critters as part of their protocols. It's a pain having to keep track of them separately from the dashboard and the tactical display. It seems like you could make an addition to the race list like you did for sprites and spirits. Once the format for the critters database is included, I'm happy to transcribe the info from the books into the program as a user file at this point. I just happen to suck rocks as a code monkey.

Mathias February 9th, 2012 10:22 AM

Sorry, but the priority we've assigned to adding the critter mechanics is lower than the priority we're giving to getting the 5 core supplements added to Hero Lab.

There's been quite a lot more people asking about the core supplements than the critters, which makes us think that finishing those books first will provide more benefit to more of our users.

Calabim696 February 9th, 2012 10:33 AM

If it's a matter of being vocal let me throw my voice in the ring. I had hoped also that the critters would be added with the upcoming updates. While I would would love to get Street magic, Augmentation, and Street magic in the next couple of week. I wouldn't mind at all getting the critters added before Unwired or Runners Companion.

Peter Smith February 9th, 2012 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Calabim696 (Post 73439)
I wouldn't mind at all getting the critters added before Unwired or Runners Companion.

I would.

CeaDawg February 9th, 2012 02:00 PM

Ah, well, more waiting to be done then. Ok <crashing sound of broken piggy bank> mid Feb is coming up soon..must make sure I have enough funds for the 5.

thedarkelf007 February 9th, 2012 03:04 PM

I'd prefer the karma system before critters myself ;-)

It will be handy having critters, but its painful not having the karma system, or the other books for equipment and stuff.

at least it give you reasons to crack open the books or PDF's...

Calabim696 February 9th, 2012 04:49 PM

I hate to say it but if the main data files are any indication I really doubt the karma system will be included when Runners Companion is released.

thedarkelf007 February 9th, 2012 04:52 PM

They stated it was not coming with Runner's Companion earlier...

Most of my Shadowrun players have opted for free-ware and spreadsheets to build their characters and won't pick up hero lab until they do the Karma system.

Hopefully it won't be too far away.

Mathias February 9th, 2012 05:05 PM

Calabim, have you read the Shadowrun section of our January newsletter? That discusses the release schedule for Runner's Companion: ttp://wolflair.com/index.php?context=newsletter&page=january_2012

Calabim696 February 9th, 2012 06:42 PM

I had seen that but it had slipped my mind. Runners Companion is not one of my wish list priorities so I'm sure I just glossed over that section. Really looking forward to the others though.