Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   Realm Works Discussion (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=67)
-   -   Kickstarter Materials (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=60194)

Maidhc O Casain March 6th, 2018 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BJ (Post 263914)
It's not final yet, but it's possible the Pirates Guide will release to KS backers along with Razor Coast in the near future.

That's (hopefully) fantastic!

Rone March 7th, 2018 05:46 AM

Clearly, Razor Coast is a serious concern if even the gamers, authors and editors who came near it almost fell to the sword in real life. Someone alert the media! It's time gaming scared our parents again!

Signed, the guy who wrote the first summary for Mazes and Monsters on IMDB back when that site was still in diapers. Was I the only person on Earth who only wanted to game more after seeing that cautionary propaganda? Surveys suggest quite possibly.

Maidhc O Casain March 7th, 2018 10:24 AM

Heh. In 1982 I was a sophomore in high school, and had been gaming for about five years :D. Devil-worshiping propaganda not-withstanding, I kept right on truckin'!

kbs666 March 7th, 2018 11:47 AM

In 1982 I was also a sophomore in HS and had been gaming for 3 years. The movie and associated "panic" was pretty bad in the very conservative small town in suburban Atlanta I grew up in. The school closed the D&D club and the local bookstore that had been carrying D&D stuff, and ordering in whatever else we asked for, stopped. One day during school several of us who were known to still be playing were called in to speak to a "counselor" who turned out to a local preacher who wanted to save our "souls" and shove the Chick Tract on us. I thought it was pretty funny but a lot of my friends couldn't take the pressure from parents and their churches and quit playing.

dachda March 7th, 2018 05:27 PM

That would make me one happy camper!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by BJ (Post 263914)
It's not final yet, but it's possible the Pirates Guide will release to KS backers along with Razor Coast in the near future.

Toblakai March 7th, 2018 06:43 PM

Hmm, odd in 1982 I was also a sophomore and had been gaming for 3 years.. Are all RW users 51ish in age? :)

numbat1 March 7th, 2018 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toblakai (Post 264003)
Hmm, odd in 1982 I was also a sophomore and had been gaming for 3 years.. Are all RW users 51ish in age? :)

Nope, some of us are definitely older :p

Bidmaron March 7th, 2018 07:31 PM

57 here

kbs666 March 7th, 2018 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toblakai (Post 264003)

If you think about it, we were the first people who were the right age to take up RPG's right as RPG's really started to become a thing. Both basic D&D and the first of the AD&D hardcovers were published in 1977, when we were 10. It took till 1979 for the last of the hardcovers to come out so that was another natural place for people to pick up the game and we were 12.

At least for me 12 was too young for girls and jobs but too old for toys so it was ideal age to pick up gaming.

daplunk March 8th, 2018 01:09 AM

There's a few of us in out 30s also but i'm spending more and time with the retirees also ;)