Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=62)
-   -   User created material (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=66247)

Darius Darksoul August 25th, 2021 10:06 PM

User created material

In the editor is possible to make folders for each type of user created content
ie a folder that has all Races or spells.

Dami August 25th, 2021 11:22 PM

What do you mean by folders? On your computer or within HL?
With user content, you can put different types of things in different user files. To access them, everything needs to be in the same folder on your computer, or HL won't find it.

Darius Darksoul August 25th, 2021 11:56 PM

Within hero lab editor, Is there some way to seperate user created items so they are easier to find.

Phrll August 26th, 2021 04:35 AM

By "hero lab editor" are you talking about the editor (Tools -> Show Editor) for creating a new .USER file for all of your custom items or Hero Lab in general, as a character editor?

Silveras August 26th, 2021 06:34 AM

I think the question is about how to organize the User content in the "User Content" tree list shown in the dialog for "Configure Character".

If this is the case, it *is* possible to create such folders for your own User content, but I don't think you can do it for other User content (as any updates would over-write that). This is done by making one of your Source entries the child of another (by default, they are all children of "User Content").

Darius Darksoul August 26th, 2021 09:08 AM

No I want make folders in he editor to organize items by type like a folder for
Races and another for wonderous Items to put user created items in. The place I want the folders is where when you File/ Open data file in that window where
it shows all the data files for Pathfinder.

Mathias August 26th, 2021 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darius Darksoul (Post 296383)
Races and another for wonderous Items to put user created items in. The place I want the folders is where when you File/ Open data file in that window where

Sorry, Hero Lab can only draw from a single folder for its data, and cannot use subfolders.

Phrll August 26th, 2021 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darius Darksoul (Post 296383)

The Editor has tabs for each type of item (races, weapons, etc.). If you want something beyond that, maybe use separate .USER files for each type of item and put the same prefix on the filenames so they show up together when you do a File -> Open. That's what I did with all the Doctor Who sourcebooks (SB_xxx.USER). Use something like "aa" or "00" if you want them listed first when you go to open one.