Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=62)
-   -   Pathfinder Community Packs (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=51966)

ShadowChemosh January 17th, 2016 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thanatos1320 (Post 222265)
I'll just make my ice mage character the old fashion way.

The editor that comes with HL is free and you can use it to enter a new class or other Things. You could initially just add the class as "text" and use adjustments to affect the character.

I would recommend reading the Glossary of Terms for the Editor. Then check out FAQ#2 for all the places to learn about the editor including YouTube videos.

ShadowChemosh January 17th, 2016 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silveras (Post 221606)
Following up on this... there are some inconsistencies. I've detailed below what I found.

The "Compact Spellbooks" self-calculating tool is tagged for both the "Advanced Race Guide" and "ShadowChemosh's Equipment" and appear in the "Tools and Skill Kits" group.

Two self-calculating entries, "Formula Book" (no weight) and "Formula Books" (with weight) appear from "ShadowChemosh's Equipment" under "Books, Tomes, and Grimoires"

Two self-calculating entries, "Spellbook" (no weight) and "Spellbooks" (with weight) appear from "ShadowChemosh's Equipment" under "Books, Tomes, and Grimoires"

One self-calculating entry "Traveling Formula Book" (with weight) appears tagged to "Adventurer's Armory", "ShadowChemosh's Equipment", and "Ultimate Equipment" under "Books, Tomes, and Grimoires"

One self-calculating entry "Traveling Spellbooks" (with weight) appears tagged to "Adventurer's Armory", "ShadowChemosh's Equipment", and "Ultimate Equipment" under "Books, Tomes, and Grimoires"

The standard entries ("Formula book", "Spellbook", "Spellbook, compact", "Traveling formula book", and "Traveling spellbook" with price and weight) each appear under "Books, Tomes, and Grimoires".

So I was not seeing the auto-calculating Spellbook(s) entries as I was not using "ShadowChemosh's Equipment" as a source; the others were appearing because I *am* using the Advanced Race Guide, Ultimate Equipment, and Adventurer's Armory as sources.

Thanks. This is has been fixed for the next release.

rwglaub January 29th, 2016 05:43 PM

I'm having a problem. I just intalled HL on my desktop as a secondary license and now I'm trying to add your community packs. I've put the URL in the secondary sources but when I restart HL they don't show up in the updates.

charlieluce January 29th, 2016 06:33 PM

The first thing I'd do is check the source URL for typos.

rwglaub January 29th, 2016 06:37 PM

I did a copy and paste from the first page. They update fine on my laptop.

ShadowChemosh January 29th, 2016 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rwglaub (Post 222803)
I did a copy and paste from the first page. They update fine on my laptop.

Paste the URL into your normal web browser and see if it can get to the URL. It should get displayed as text or specifically XML.

If the above works see if you can download anything from inside of HL as antivirus or firewall software could be blocking HL.

rwglaub January 29th, 2016 07:34 PM

I see it as XML. How do I download from inside HL? I'm using AVG. I do have the files on my laptop. The ones that COM in front should be the files, right? Can I copy them over?

Edit: Well, that was a bad idea. HL will only import HL files. And I can't find the ProgramData folder in Windows just to copy them over. Apparently that one is hidden and I can't find it on Windows 10.

charlieluce January 29th, 2016 09:25 PM

The Program Data folder is hidden (though you can set File Explorer to view hidden files) but you should be able to open it from inside Hero Lab:

Tools > Explore Folders > Game System Data Folder

rwglaub January 29th, 2016 09:44 PM

Found it and used a portable hard drive to copy everything over. But we need to figure out why I couldn't download the Packs in the first place.

Garrann January 31st, 2016 02:56 PM

Thanks to everyone who created the Pathfinder 3rd PP, it is fantastic.

I had a question on the Norals race, it seems like the Gift of Tongues ability is missing. Is this a known issue or do I need to do something special to get it to work?

Thanks in advance.