Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=62)
-   -   Pathfinder Community Packs (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=51966)

ShadowChemosh March 17th, 2017 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chaoscowboy (Post 246340)
Thanks. I'll see about doing what you mentioned. I haven't rotted around the file structure for months.

So I have confirmed that no such unique id of wuNeedle exists from Lone Wolf. This means the issue is coming from some other addon you have or your own personal files.

Follow EightBitz info HERE but search for the value wuNeedle. This will tell you what file outside of the "COM_" file has this unique ID. Once you find the the other file causing the issue you can change its unique id to be like wuNeedle2 to prevent issues.

psych777 March 17th, 2017 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh (Post 246198)
LOL yeah... Oh and look Community does have an "I" in it. As in its pretty much me, myself and I. :p :D

I should take that back because Quintain has as of last week added "new" stuff to the Pack. So it is more than just me. :)

But it is allot more lonely than it use to be.

hehe yeah...my motivation kept dying slowly as it went longer and longer without playing. finally after two years part of my group got back together then the dm said no psionics, so that broke my heart. haha. but i keep meaning to look back into it...i feel like i've lost most of the coding knowledge i had though (as basic as it was)...

chaoscowboy March 17th, 2017 10:56 AM

I just went and deleted it. I didn't care about some random weapon I'd never use.

On a completely other note, I see some people talking about how psionics isn't being actively worked on anymore. Back when I was a fan I had worked on a conversion of the Thunderscape campaign setting. Does anyone have a list of what still needs doing for psionics? If nobody's working on it I certainly have the time just have to rewatch some tutorials and remind myself how to heck to do this. Can't promise they'll be up to snuff but they're better than nothing.

ShadowChemosh March 17th, 2017 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chaoscowboy (Post 246344)
I just went and deleted it. I didn't care about some random weapon I'd never use.

But each time you update the community pack that weapon will come back. Meaning you are better off fixing the issue in your .user files than in removing it from the community pack.

Quote:

Originally Posted by chaoscowboy (Post 246344)
On a completely other note, I see some people talking about how psionics isn't being actively worked on anymore. Back when I was a fan I had worked on a conversion of the Thunderscape campaign setting. Does anyone have a list of what still needs doing for psionics? If nobody's working on it I certainly have the time just have to rewatch some tutorials and remind myself how to heck to do this. Can't promise they'll be up to snuff but they're better than nothing.

Psionic is being worked on actively by me. "Slow" is not dead at least in my world. I understand no one has any patience anymore and slow means not being worked on but its not the case.

New stuff was added and will be in this weekends release for Psionics.

That being said I am always willing to get help. Please see THIS thread for how to setup GitHub and sourcetree. The community uses a real source code repository so you will have to get familiar with the tools but overall they are pretty easy.

Please note something that seems to upset people is after they add stuff to the Pack I often make adjustments to the scripts. We have standards that I need followed so that we don't break the pack with every HL update. Shrug I feel better to warn anyone ahead of time now that I do that.

My advice is to start "Small" do not try and do a whole class or archetype and leave it half implemented. That really does not help anyone and actually causes things to slow down as then I have to spend time fixing it. Start with some magic items or feats that could use some scripting. Heck find issues that are outstanding and fix them instead of just adding "new" is better. I would rather we have fully working stuff that is missing stuff than have everything in but none of it work.

chaoscowboy March 17th, 2017 02:26 PM

My plan was actually to help the DM's along and add the missing psionic monsters. For starting small.

ShadowChemosh March 17th, 2017 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chaoscowboy (Post 246369)
My plan was actually to help the DM's along and add the missing psionic monsters. For starting small.

So you want to do the Psionic Bestiary book then? Nothing from the Psionic Bestiary has been added yet. I honestly have no idea if any components or structures are in place for Psionic monsters.

So good chance you will be building stuff without anything to copy or work from as examples. Well for the "psionic" part at least. Lost of examples for other parts of monsters. :)

High level points:
1) Make sure you add the two letter specific id to all Thing ID's. In this PU for psionics. You can set this in the editor Tools menu so you don't forget.
2) Make sure each Thing Type is broken into separate files. Races in one, racial abilities in another, equipment in another... etc...
3) Standard "stop" script logic in all racial abilities that have scripts.
Code:

~ If we're disabled, do nothing
      doneif (tagis[Helper.SpcDisable] <> 0)

4) Product ID is set to the "Hero Lab Community".
5) Don't reinvent the wheel for racial abilities. Reuse racial abilities that are already existing especially if they already exist in the Pack.
6) Don't put the monsters name in the racial abilities. THis makes it harder to reuse the same exact ability on two monsters.
7) DO NOT make new breath weapon racial abilities. Use the generic Breath Weapon racial ability we don't need 3,000 breath weapon racial specials. :p

ShadowChemosh March 17th, 2017 02:58 PM

Once I get the latest release out this weekend I can do the changes to the .1st file to support a new source for "Psionic Bestiary".

chaoscowboy March 17th, 2017 03:05 PM

Well it won't be that hard. There are the monsters from the main book, the ones that are up on PFSRD as well. Brain Mole, Phrenic Scourge, etc. Then my next thing would be to do the psionic archetypes for base classes if possible. After that, I have been looking at Seventh Paths on my harddrive. Good book. No support so far.

ShadowChemosh March 18th, 2017 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chaoscowboy (Post 246374)
Brain Mole, Phrenic Scourge, etc.

So these are already done and in the Pack. I guess I had forgotten about a large number of Psionic monsters have been added actually.

ShadowChemosh March 18th, 2017 12:40 PM

The release of the new "Pathfinder Pack" version 1.7 is out!

v1.7 March 18, 2017

Bug Fixes
  • Ultimate Psionics (delawless) - Corrected Elan FCB of 1/2 Disrupt Pattern Damage to apply to bonus damage (changed value2 to value3 in script).
  • Ultimate Psionics (delawless) - Greater Disruption now give bonus damage in Statblock.
  • ShadowChemosh Adjustments Conferred (ShadowChemosh) - Fixed "overhand Chop/Backswing" adjustment as it was not taking into account Weapon Training Bonus damage.
  • Pack Bug Fix (ShadowChemosh)- Fix issue where Composite Longbows where becoming Simple Weapons.
  • Ultimate Psionics (ShadowChemosh) - Fixed #82. Added several missing subtypes. Fixed custom subtypes to appear as the standard subtypes so that they meet the pre-req of feats and other abilities. Updated Psionic races to match the latest "subtype" information as per Ultimate Psionics.
  • ShadowChemosh Adjustments Conferred (ShadowChemosh) - Fixed #87. Changed "Magus: Spell Combat" to no longer have the off-hand Touch Attack weapon affect Dervish Dance or other feats that check for an off-hand weapon. Improved the script logic for two-weapon fighting with a one-handed weapon and off-hand touch attack spell. Added better help text to the adjustment to explain how it is meant to be used. Fixed the name of the "Touch Attack, Damage" adjustment.
  • Emerald Spire (ShadowChemosh) - Fixed #92. Emerald Automaton feat bug.
  • ShadowChemosh Adjustments (ShadowChemosh) - Fixed #91. Added additional text to the adjustment "Weapon Elemental
    Dmg, Custom".
  • Ultimate Psionics (ShadowChemosh) - Fixed #90. Forgedborn Aegis FCB was not working correctly and had incorrect level bonus. Went through ALL favored class bonuses that where in Ultimate Psionics and fixed them all. I made them all use the same consistant logic in the scripts. In addition those that where not working are now working. Finally changed all the rules text to match the latest printing of the book.
  • Ultimate Psionics (delawless) - Psychoactive Skin of the Chameleon was not giving it's enhancement bonus to stealth.
  • Ultimate Psionics (ShadowChemosh) - Fixed #93. Free Class powers where counting against the classes total powers known. This has been fixed.
New Features
  • Path of War Expanded (phlidwsn) - Update Cursed Razor levels 1-2 with final book text instead of beta.
  • Ultimate Psionics (delawless) - Added Spell Adjustment for Zealous Fury Power.
  • Ultimate Psionics (delawless) - Added Mind Map, Aura Monocle and Aura Monocle Greater magic items.
  • Paths of War Divergent Paths (drumanagh) - Added new class Medic and archetypes.
  • ShadowChemosh Adjustments (ShadowChemosh) - Added #70. Added new adjustment "Spell-Like Ability, Add" that lets you add a spell-like ability with full spell text to a character. In addition you are able to set the usage/counter value (ie 1/day, 2/day,1/month etc).
  • Ultimate Psionics (ShadowChemosh) - Added Human Favored Class Bonuses.
  • Ultimate Psionics (ShadowChemosh) - Added Psionc Classes Starting Wealth values. Added missing page number to PrCs.
  • Path of War (ShadowChemosh) - Added starting wealth to Path of War and Expanded classes. Added book and page number to Path of War classes.
  • Eberron Campaign Setting (ShadowChemosh) - Added starting wealth to Artificer and Magewright classes.
  • ShadowChemosh Adjustments (ShadowChemosh) - Added three new adjustments that allow for changing a classes Starting Wealth values.
Data File Authoring
  • Modern Pack (ShadowChemosh) - Remove bootstrap of Races from archetypes. This was causing strange errors in HL.
  • Misc Bug Fixes (ShadowChemosh) - Fixed Claw Blades and Armor Razors buy template to prevent issues with future versions of HL. Fixed Things that where not correctly source marked. Mostly feats.
  • Data File Authoring (ShadowChemosh) - Moved most "Selection Helpers" into a single file "COM_1PathfinderPack - Selection Helpers.user". Created the new tag group PackSelect.? to prevent any chance of running into other LW created tags. Changed over selection helpers to use this new tag group. Updated the Selection Helper editor Tab to reflect these changes allowing an easy way to add new selection helpers.
  • Missing Source Marks (ShadowChemosh) - Added sources to many things that where missing them.
  • Ultimate Psionics (ShadowChemosh) - Fixed left over tags. Fixed left over invalid Sources.
  • Data File Authoring (ShadowChemosh) - Fixed tags in Powers to not include names and abbreviations as it just eats up space. Added Product ID tag to all powers.